Archer: Cowboys teammates come to defense of Sean Lee, Travis Frederick

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys teammates come to defense of Sean Lee, Travis Frederick
8:19 PM ET

Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

OXNARD, Calif. -- When Dez Bryant took to social media to comment on Dallas Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones’ incomplete answers that were tweeted by Sirius XM last week, he referred to his belief that Travis Frederick and Sean Lee played a part in his release.

In doing so, Bryant called into question the quality of teammates Frederick and Lee were.

“I mean, you couldn’t really ask for two better teammates,” Pro Bowl right guard Zack Martin said. “I think it goes without saying.
"You guys know them in the media, but what they mean to us and the leaders, the people, the day-to-day commitment they show, everyone on this team knows exactly who those guys are. And they take great pride in being great teammates, and you really couldn’t find better ones than those two.”

Defensive end Tyrone Crawford called Lee and Frederick “great teammates.” Every teammate asked gave similar responses.

While it might fall into the "What else would they say?" category, Lee has been voted a captain by his teammate multiple times, and Frederick was voted a captain in 2016. With the retirement of Jason Witten, both have stepped into larger leadership roles.

Teammates were reluctant to get into a back-and-forth over Bryant’s comments because they also like the receiver. What they did not like was seeing their current teammates taking heat.

“I love those guys, man,” cornerback Byron Jones said. “If I was starting a team, I’m picking those guys and I’m asking what the game is next. It doesn’t matter what the game is, I can count on those guys to be there on time. I can count on those guys to be leaders. Those guys are extremely accountable. If I’m looking for No. 1 teammates, those are the guys I’m looking for, Sean Lee and Travis Frederick.”
-----

I guess they didn't get to the "real" Bryant teammates.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You get the impression that most of the guys wouldn’t really agree with much of what Bryant had to say.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You get the impression that most of the guys wouldn’t really agree with much of what Bryant had to say.
Given how the Dez "coup" as I am sure he would describe it went like you would think.

The young kids who did not know better loved him. The grinders and vets resented his lack of professionalism.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Does anyone have the video of Lee's response to Dez's comments?

Top Bottom