Cowboys’ Jerry Jones, 75, says he has the ‘body’ of a 40-year-old

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
By Stefan Stevenson
July 29, 2018 10:02 PM

Oxnard, Calif. -- Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said his health is better than its been in years.

Jones, who turns 76 on October 13, talked to reporters at the end of Sunday’s training camp practice.

“I’m actually in the best health I’ve been in in probably five, six years, this camp,” Jones said. “I was doing this MRI and they said I had the [body] of a 40-year-old. The enthusiasm of a 40-year-old.”

Jones, in jest, was a little more specific about the MRI results.

Jones, who was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, is headed for Canton, Ohio, for the 2018 class on Aug. 4.

Coming to Oxnard, Calif., for training camp gets him in a football mood, he said.

“Seriously. We have options, as the Cowboys, about when, how much time we spend out here and where,” said Jones, before extolling the virtues of the cool southern California weather. “And you have afternoons like this one or yesterday and that answers your question right there. There’s just an element and mentality that comes with this nice freshness that keeps the players physically getting more reps and having a better mindset.”

Jones joked that he still stays in one of the Residence Inn rooms on the training camp grounds.

“I’ve been in the same room for 11 or 12 years. I go in and make sure everybody is getting a good night sleep and getting prepared and then I go out the other door and go to the hotel,” he said. “I’m teasing. I’m not teasing.”

Which one is it?

“Both,” he said.

:picard

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
“I’ve been in the same room for 11 or 12 years. I go in and make sure everybody is getting a good night sleep and getting prepared and then I go out the other door and go to the hotel,” he said. “I’m teasing. I’m not teasing.”

Which one is it?

“Both,” he said.
:lol

WTF does that even mean?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
By Stefan Stevenson
July 29, 2018 10:02 PM

Oxnard, Calif. -- Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said his health is better than its been in years.

Jones, who turns 76 on October 13, talked to reporters at the end of Sunday’s training camp practice.

“I’m actually in the best health I’ve been in in probably five, six years, this camp,” Jones said. “I was doing this MRI and they said I had the [body] of a 40-year-old. The enthusiasm of a 40-year-old.”

Jones, in jest, was a little more specific about the MRI results.

Jones, who was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, is headed for Canton, Ohio, for the 2018 class on Aug. 4.

Coming to Oxnard, Calif., for training camp gets him in a football mood, he said.

“Seriously. We have options, as the Cowboys, about when, how much time we spend out here and where,” said Jones, before extolling the virtues of the cool southern California weather. “And you have afternoons like this one or yesterday and that answers your question right there. There’s just an element and mentality that comes with this nice freshness that keeps the players physically getting more reps and having a better mindset.”

Jones joked that he still stays in one of the Residence Inn rooms on the training camp grounds.

Which one is it?

“Both,” he said.

:picard

You shithead!

This misleading title had me thinking he'd kicked the bucket.

World was crumbling...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
“I’m actually in the best health I’ve been in in probably five, six years, this camp,” Jones said. “I was doing this MRI and they said I had the [body] of a 40-year-old.
Anyone else wonder what word he actually used instead of "body?"

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
How in the hell is he only 75?
Wealthy people tend to live much longer lives than the average person. My guess is 10 years from now we'll be discussing the results of his age 85 physical where he'll boast of having the body of a 35 year old. #BenjaminButton

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Wealthy people tend to live much longer lives than the average person. My guess is 10 years from now we'll be discussing the results of his age 85 physical where he'll boast of having the body of a 35 year old. #BenjaminButton
We should be so blessed. It's just a great time to be a Cowboys fan!

Top Bottom