Thread: Redskins Stuff...

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar

Redskins Stuff...

2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Gaining on .500

Gaining on .500

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    Gaining on .500

Per Mike Fisher, Tavon Austin more serious than what's being reported. Sean Lee limited today and is a 50/50 on playing this Sunday.

I'm not 100% sure that Vander Esche and Jaylon Smith aren't already better than Lee.

Now.... I'm not saying that they are. I'm just not certain that they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    I'm not 100% sure that Vander Esche and Jaylon Smith aren't already better than Lee.

They are definitely better in their own way. They are bigger, faster and stronger for sure. They don't have the mental ability of Lee. I'm sure they don't recognize things as quickly as him and they probably don't diagnose plays before the snap the way he does. But I'd be hesitant to take any significant snaps away from our two youngsters. I mean LVE is literally performing better than any of the other rookie LBers I can think of and I expect that to continue. And Jaylon is just a beast all around. I'd rotate Lee in sparingly using him more for his ability to run the defense and line guys up and sort of trying to save him physically as much as possible. No reason to get him hurt again rushing him back to the field and asking him to play a bunch of snaps.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post

Smith might be given his explosiveness and ability to blitz but Vander Esch isn't just yet, maybe by the end of the year. I still think Lee comes back and makes a huge impact though.

Feels pretty awesome to think about those two being a Kuechly/Davis type of pairing for the next 8+ years.

I guess we don't have to worry about hearing any more Bobby Carpenter comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Per Mike Fisher, Tavon Austin more serious than what's being reported. Sean Lee limited today and is a 50/50 on playing this Sunday.
    Yeah I think Austin could be out for awhile. I'm guessing somewhere in the range of 6 games.

I really hope we can manage to replace the 15-20 snaps per game that Austin gives us.

11. The following user likes this post: