Report: Randy Gregory failed drug test, faces lengthy ban

Jiggyfly

Banned

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Something tells me the commish will figure something out just before then to make sure he doesn't.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Did anyone notice that in the article posted the writer referenced "Gregory's addiction". Shame on him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What's so shameful?
It has been pointed out to me by several board citizens over the years that weed is not addictive. I was shamed for thinking it was so now I guess I should shame this writer. Makes sense to me. :shrug

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm really surprised that he is going to be able to practice this week. Frankly we all thought he was shut down for the season when the last report of a positive test came out. I hope Gregory can prove us all wrong. I've got more hope for guys like Irving at this point though.

dallen

Senior Tech
I'm really surprised that he is going to be able to practice this week. Frankly we all thought he was shut down for the season when the last report of a positive test came out. I hope Gregory can prove us all wrong. I've got more hope for guys like Irving at this point though.
Hopefully he didn't think so as well.

p1_

DCC 4Life
When is Gregory eligible to play?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is the first confirmation I have heard that there actually is another suspension and that it has been appealed. Very odd how secretive this one has been.

Cotton

Staff member
This is the first confirmation I have heard that there actually is another suspension and that it has been appealed. Very odd how secretive this one has been.
The whole situation has been odd.

data

Forbes #1
As an aside, I heard on 105.3 that the CBA only allows 13 padded practices during the regular season and Cowboys have used all of them. No more padded practices until playoffs (1 per week allowed). So they say Randy Gregory will play vs Lions more than he should (about 20-25 plays vs just 10-15 plays) due to Crawford/Lawrence's injury, but it'll be his first padded contact in a long time. I'll end this story cryptic.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
As an aside, I heard on 105.3 that the CBA only allows 13 padded practices during the regular season and Cowboys have used all of them. No more padded practices until playoffs (1 per week allowed). So they say Randy Gregory will play vs Lions more than he should (about 20-25 plays vs just 10-15 plays) due to Crawford/Lawrence's injury, but it'll be his first padded contact in a long time. I'll end this story cryptic.
I actually had no idea of that rule. But I looked it up and the article I'm looking at says 14 padded practices. Same end result though. We are at week 16 in the NFL so I'm sure we have burned through 14. Supposedly some NFL teams never have padded practices. What a joke.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Not so odd. The guy can't conform.
He isn't talking about Gregory. Its how they are keeping the suspension quiet and how the NFL is going about it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He isn't talking about Gregory. Its how they are keeping the suspension quiet and how the NFL is going about it.
Yeah, the reason it is odd has nothing to do with conformity. It's that the suspensions haven't been anywhere close to the "normal" path and process that we see with suspensions in the NFL.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, the reason it is odd has nothing to do with conformity. It's that the suspensions haven't been anywhere close to the "normal" path and process that we see with suspensions in the NFL.
That and the whole deal with the practice exemption falling through last second. Just really weird.

Top Bottom