Week 15 Gameday Chatter | Buccaneers vs Cowboys | 12/18/2016

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think the real problem with Dak is that he doesn't know how, or isn't confident enough yet, to take advantage of teams when they bring pressure and play aggressively in the secondary. He isn't really able to consistently drop balls into the bucket along the sideline like Romo used to do with Dez so often, especially in that second Eagles game in 2014.

When teams play zone he can find guys over the middle and between the numbers but I think he struggles when that space is constricted and he's forced to make pinpoint throws, especially to the sideline.

Not much of an indictment on a rookie QB, but I just think it's something schematically that gives him trouble.

p1_

DCC 4Life
How about David Fucking Irving?! He took over, plain and simple.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Video my cousin took of the Zeke TD last night. He had pretty good seats.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Coaching and penalties are the biggest reasons this game was close.

But the short passing gameplan causes us to run more plays to achieve the same effect, and that gets harder each week. The coaches are aiming short to play to Daks strengths. They have to open things up. Dak can handle it if the pick their moments.

The OL are young and good, but they aren't invincible. The longer our drives, the more chances for penalties and turnovers.

Forget 12-2. The season is now compressed into five games over six weeks. Four of those games will be vs winning teams and another vs a division rival in the cold.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Forget 12-2. The season is now compressed into five games over six weeks. Four of those games will be vs winning teams and another vs a division rival in the cold.
12-2 is what makes these 5 games relevant. You don't have one without the other.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not much of an indictment on a rookie QB, but I just think it's something schematically that gives him trouble.
I've actually pointed this out before as being poor design by our coaches. We do a really piss poor job at having our receivers run the correct routes against a blitz. We don't present Dak with the easy, correct, blitz beating routes. When the other team blitzes it takes the LBers out of plays and makes your slants and in breaking routes super effective. But for some we don't seem to ever have receivers running to the area vacated by the blitz. Which is common sense. It seems like our offense puts way more emphasis on picking up the blitz as opposed to quick throws to beat the blitz.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
How about David Fucking Irving?! He took over, plain and simple.
I can't recall the last time one single D-lineman just took over a game at the end like that for us. I mean the guy was a one man wrecking crew.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I've actually pointed this out before as being poor design by our coaches. We do a really piss poor job at having our receivers run the correct routes against a blitz. We don't present Dak with the easy, correct, blitz beating routes. When the other team blitzes it takes the LBers out of plays and makes your slants and in breaking routes super effective. But for some we don't seem to ever have receivers running to the area vacated by the blitz. Which is common sense. It seems like our offense puts way more emphasis on picking up the blitz as opposed to quick throws to beat the blitz.
Yup.

It's like we don't know you can run stuff other than routes along the sideline to beat a blitz.

townsend

Banned
Yeah, nothing against Ware who was amazing here but I can't even remember an end to a game like that from him.
Probably Ware's biggest performance came in his rookie year, against a Panthers team we had no business beating.

3 strip sacks that kept us alive in the game. But Ware never seemed to be the guy that broke an offenses gameplan. He'd consistently get big plays over the course of a season, but had very few trademark games.

Although his AFC championship game against NE was damn close.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Ditto

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Probably Ware's biggest performance came in his rookie year, against a Panthers team we had no business beating.

3 strip sacks that kept us alive in the game. But Ware never seemed to be the guy that broke an offenses gameplan. He'd consistently get big plays over the course of a season, but had very few trademark games.
You don't say.....

:art

Jiggyfly

Banned
Goes to show that in your blind loyalty, you're missing the entire point which is what you do when get overly committed to something and remain stubborn.

We all love how the guy has limited his mistakes and protected the football. You know at the very least that I have even if you disagree with Ravi.

But a big reason why he has protected the ball is because he's been a bit conservative and he's picked and chosen his spots. That worked last night and it's worked at other times, but I don't think that's gonna work in Janaury against the Seahawks or Giants, nor against a team like the Falcons or Packers who have the ability to hang 30 points on us.

Dak along with this coaching staff are going to need to be more aggressive, albeit calculated, and start showing teams things on film that keep them honest.

We can't just decide to open it up in the middle of a game where we're struggling or defenses will tee off on us, just like the Giants did last week.

Surely you can understand the logic in this, correct?
That's like your opinion, man.

I think you are looking at things like these teams are their peak playoff selves.

Seahawkes put up 5 points against this very same Bucs team.

Giants have scored 20 points in 3 weeks.

We beat the Packers at their place and they just struggled to beat a Bears team who we crushed.

Atlanta is ripe to be beat by a team that can control the clock like we can.

None of those teams is great, so this idea that we have to do something gifferent than we have done to beat them makes no sense.

We beat any of those teams with a game like Dak had last night or his normal play this year.

The biggest issue over the last 3 weeks has been penalties not the lack of deep passes.

Top Bottom