Ideas for articles

midswat

... soon
How about an article on training camp hero’s that you never hear from again. Every preseason there are guys that we all buy the hype that we unearthed some gems... but they either don’t make the final roster or they do and just never play.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
How about an article on training camp hero’s that you never hear from again. Every preseason there are guys that we all buy the hype that we unearthed some gems... but they either don’t make the final roster or they do and just never play.
Good idea.

But I am going to need names.

Some off the top of my head...

Woodrow Dantzler
Justin Beriualt
Reshard Lee
Montavious Stanley - based mostly off his Jerry phone interview

I am sure there are more.

midswat

... soon
Good idea.

But I am going to need names.

Some off the top of my head...

Woodrow Dantzler
Justin Beriualt
Reshard Lee
Montavious Stanley - based mostly off his Jerry phone interview

I am sure there are more.
Junior Glymph bounced around the league a few years, but I'm pretty sure there was a preseason where he had multiple sacks and he was a message board hero. Then nothing...

Rudy Carpenter I think showed promise at QB one year.

Did the Grankowski guy play well or was he just noteworthy because of his brother?

For some reason there are a number of guys from our 2011 UDFA class that stand out to me (names).. Orie Lemon, Phillip Tanner (dude looked like a promising back), Kevin Kowalski, Mario Butler

Tim Benfield caught everything IIRC in training camp 2012. Adrian Hamilton was a LB prospect everyone said had potential. There was some story where/why he fell between the cracks I think. But was supposed to be this really good prospect.

Jakar Hamilton was the same year of Jeff Heath. I can't remember if he actually played well or if I just wanted him more because he..... looks :unsure more like a safety than heath. ALso... think the back story with him was he was a highly rated high school recruit who went to UGA but academics or something else landed him at a crap D2 school.

Oh... and Dustin Vaughn stands out because dipshit [MENTION=227]DCUDoomsday[/MENTION] would never stfu about him. Chris Whaley

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Junior Glymph bounced around the league a few years, but I'm pretty sure there was a preseason where he had multiple sacks and he was a message board hero. Then nothing...

Rudy Carpenter I think showed promise at QB one year.

Did the Grankowski guy play well or was he just noteworthy because of his brother?

For some reason there are a number of guys from our 2011 UDFA class that stand out to me (names).. Orie Lemon, Phillip Tanner (dude looked like a promising back), Kevin Kowalski, Mario Butler

Tim Benfield caught everything IIRC in training camp 2012. Adrian Hamilton was a LB prospect everyone said had potential. There was some story where/why he fell between the cracks I think. But was supposed to be this really good prospect.

Jakar Hamilton was the same year of Jeff Heath. I can't remember if he actually played well or if I just wanted him more because he..... looks :unsure more like a safety than heath. ALso... think the back story with him was he was a highly rated high school recruit who went to UGA but academics or something else landed him at a crap D2 school.

Oh... and Dustin Vaughn stands out because dipshit @DCUDoomsday would never stfu about him. Chris Whaley
Excellent start.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Oh... and Dustin Vaughn stands out because dipshit [MENTION=227]DCUDoomsday[/MENTION] would never stfu about him
:lol

I remember that. He was guaranteeing that he would eventually beat out Romo and be the next great Cowboys QB. That was right about the time he was telling us it you could win the division with only 4 wins as long as they were division wins. Didn't matter what the other teams records were. Best division record was what mattered. :dunce

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Waaaay back was Jeff Ogden, who was Beasley Phase 1, and George Selvie never came close to matching his HOF Game performance vs the Dolphins.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Waaaay back was Jeff Ogden, who was Beasley Phase 1, and George Selvie never came close to matching his HOF Game performance vs the Dolphins.
I am gonna call bullshit on Selvie. He made the roster and contributed.

This is about the kind of folk hero who fans were just certain we made a mistake in cutting and then they just disappeared.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I am gonna call bullshit on Selvie. He made the roster and contributed.

This is about the kind of folk hero who fans were just certain we made a mistake in cutting and then they just disappeared.
No Selvie in the article = no props. You've been warned.

I was pissed when we cut Darius Jackson, a solid pre-season performer, from the practice squad a few years ago to make room for McFadden.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
No Selvie in the article = no props. You've been warned.

I was pissed when we cut Darius Jackson, a solid pre-season performer, from the practice squad a few years ago to make room for McFadden.
Jackson factors in there.

Selvie, sorry.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Tony Dixon
Skyler Green
Robert Brewster

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Tony Dixon
Skyler Green
Robert Brewster
I don't remember these guys as being touted as anything special. If anything, they were thought of as shitty. Certainly not as phenoms the fans were frothing over only to fade into nothingness.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't remember these guys as being touted as anything special. If anything, they were thought of as shitty. Certainly not as phenoms the fans were frothing over only to fade into nothingness.
Tony Dixon and Skyler Green were absolutely frothed over.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't recall that. At least not out of line with their draft positioning. Dixon was a second round pick.

I think we are looking for out-of-nowhere guys, late round picks and UDFAs, who got overhyped based on some preseason or practice reports.

PS, Kalen Thornton.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You are correct.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Lookit, this is about guys who showed out in preseason that Joe Fan fell in love with.

Make more sense now?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
No way. People were pissed at where Tony Dixon was drafted and how badly he sucked for being a 2nd rounder. Skyler Green was touted by the front office as some remarkable return man/WR. And he sucked, too.

Top Bottom