Ideas for articles

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
[MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION], you will need to tell us when you have one published so one of us can post it here.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Why couldn't he just post it here himself?
Do you remember Booze trying to post videos and Gifs for the first time?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Well, and there is this, also.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
[MENTION=30]2233boys[/MENTION] what is avatar?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Zeke is a baby.

It has to be Dak.

And someone meaner than Sean Lee on D.
Agreed on Lee. Sadly, he seems to be more along the lines of Witten. Great player who tries to lead by example.

Any of our players who have the production and status to back up vocal leadership on defense are either leading by example or serving a supsension every other year, leading to little credibility in a leadership role.

A like the fire from Chidobe and Lewis at CB, and see potential for similar confidence from X. Woods.

Hopefully someone steps up and starts holding their teammates accountable.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreed on Lee. Sadly, he seems to be more along the lines of Witten. Great player who tries to lead by example.

Any of our players who have the production and status to back up vocal leadership on defense are either leading by example or serving a supsension every other year, leading to little credibility in a leadership role.

A like the fire from Chidobe and Lewis at CB, and see potential for similar confidence from X. Woods.

I think Jaylon has excellent leadership qualities. Of course he needs to get his play on the field to match those qualities to be a real leader. But I could see that happening as soon as this season.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

We seemed to already have had that in Scandrick. Who knows what kind of difference it made but we do seem to have a void in that area now.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
We seemed to already have had that in Scandrick. Who knows what kind of difference it made but we do seem to have a void in that area now.
You're right about Scandrick, he did seem to have a leadership voice.

But even he was busted for PED's a few years back.

Hopefully a credible leader will emerge soon.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You're right about Scandrick, he did seem to have a leadership voice.

But even he was busted for PED's a few years back.

Hopefully a credible leader will emerge soon.
He also got a bit whiney once his skills started to diminish and his reps got reduced. I guess that's just a pride thing though that happens with aging players.

p1_

DCC 4Life
This leadership question seems to have some legs, Booze.

data

Forbes #1
During preseason games:
Top 5 plays to watch for (ie deep passes and to which WR, misdirection PA, specific exotic blitzes packages, Tavon Austin/Elliott same backfield, etc)

Top 5 situations/down-and-distances and what plays we run out of them. In essence, we criticize playcalling in certain situations — any indication there’s change?
- 3rd and 15. Do we run a shitty little safe play or do we try to get the 1st.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Jaylon Smith improvement, from last year to this year . And from draft day til now. He apparently has made big strides and looks very good at camp.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jaylon Smith improvement, from last year to this year . And from draft day til now. He apparently has made big strides and looks very good at camp.
Feh. I am going to wait to see him play in live action before I get excited. But he is looking better. If his body and brain get in sync, I will believe.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
During preseason games:
Top 5 plays to watch for (ie deep passes and to which WR, misdirection PA, specific exotic blitzes packages, Tavon Austin/Elliott same backfield, etc)

Top 5 situations/down-and-distances and what plays we run out of them. In essence, we criticize playcalling in certain situations — any indication there’s change?
- 3rd and 15. Do we run a shitty little safe play or do we try to get the 1st.
Wait, in preseason games?

Top Bottom