Ideas for articles

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Maybe something on what we can expect from special teams? Will they improve, who's going to be the gunner, etcetera?

data

Forbes #1
If Jerruh hired a GM and won SB, would Jerruh get credit?

Garrett’s supposed halftime adjustment issues.
-Entering halftime with 7+ points lead, our W-L record
- 1-7 point halftime record and W-L tecord
- Same as above with deficit

Why are the Cowboys still so popular/polarizing? Anyone under age 35 hasnt really experienced where the Cowboys are relevant in consecutive years, but they still grow up paying more attention to the Cowboys. Comparison of teams’ ratio of SNF/MNF games-to-W/L record over past 10 years

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I knew Phil would come up with some good ideas. This shit is right in his wheelhouse.

data

Forbes #1
How much truth is there to “if he’s so good, whys he available”. Like LaRoi Glover, Nanmdi Asomugha and Brandon Carr, who have we coveted, signed/missed out and was it better/worse for our team.

Picking 20 fans and their superstitions. Chart them over the course of the season. Who’s superstition ‘really’ worked?

data

Forbes #1
~cold cocks my orderly and frees self from straight jacket~

Top 4 recommendations for uniform enhancements:
1. Change the Schramm era for shitty TV green pants to a truer silver.
2. Go back to striped socks
3. Get rid of the black outline on the sleeves
4. Stick with one shade of blue - light blue on home jersey but navy blue on road jerseys? WTF is this shit.
[MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION]

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
~cold cocks my orderly and frees self from straight jacket~

Top 4 recommendations for uniform enhancements:
1. Change the Schramm era for shitty TV green pants to a truer silver.
2. Go back to striped socks
3. Get rid of the black outline on the sleeves
4. Stick with one shade of blue - light blue on home jersey but navy blue on road jerseys? WTF is this shit.
[MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION]
I knew it couldn't last.

data

Forbes #1

Success of Dak-lead RPO and possible diminishing returns of RPO in general. . Kaepernick are RG III two examples where RPO had a calamitous drop in success year-over-year. Has any QB run RPO with increasing success after year 1 (Cam Newton?). Implications for Cowboys as we seem content with continuing RPO — Mistake? or will Garrett’s mantra of out-executing the opponent yield better results in 2018?​

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Success of Dak-lead RPO and possible diminishing returns of RPO in general. . Kaepernick are RG III two examples where RPO had a calamitous drop in success year-over-year. Has any QB run RPO with increasing success after year 1 (Cam Newton?). Implications for Cowboys as we seem content with continuing RPO — Mistake? or will Garrett’s mantra of out-executing the opponent yield better results in 2018?​

Alex Smith and Carson Wentz run a ton of RPOs.

data

Forbes #1
Alex Smith and Carson Wentz run a ton of RPOs.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-rpo-update-who-used-them-best

PFF article devoted to success of RPO in 2017. Would be nice to have one devoted to Cowboys.

- Cowboys were 2nd worst in yards-per-run.
- Cowboys not among Top 5 teams in volume of RPO plays.
- Look at the tweeted video of Jags 4 RPO plays vs Pats in AFCC. Dare I say our RPO is bland with no variety - either Zeke up middle or Dak for a keeper. Maybe Tavon Austin enables us to run these tweeted varieties.
- Cowboys defensive success vs RPO since QBs from Top 2 RPO offenses are in our division now (Wentz and Alex SMith)

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I think an article highlighting the importance of this season to Zeke Elliott's future in Dallas might be interesting.

Elliott had somewhat of a down year last year. Obviously there were extenuating circumstances involved. But nevertheless, 2018 could be a huge year for him in terms of what the Cowboys do at the RB position going forward.

Plus you have to consider the start of a trend where players are seeking out fully guaranteed contracts. Saquon Barkley just signed a fully guaranteed rookie deal. I believe that's unheard of in the NFL.

p1_

DCC 4Life
With Jason Witten, Dez Bryant and Orlando Scandrick gone, where will the much needed leadership come from? This team is young, and they need some veteran leadership to step up and take charge of this team.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's Dak's and Zeke's team now. It really has to be.
Yeah, but it is a good question.

The team really does not have any veterans that can step up outside of the OL guys.

Hurns seems like he is trying to step up.

But no, there is no "heartbeat" player ala Witten.

Then again, having guys like him and Witten never got a lot done, so I am not sweating it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, but it is a good question.

The team really does not have any veterans that can step up outside of the OL guys.

Hurns seems like he is trying to step up.

But no, there is no "heartbeat" player ala Witten.

Then again, having guys like him and Witten never got a lot done, so I am not sweating it.
You don't have to be old to be a leader. Dak's a natural leader. And now he will have a legit chance to lead the offense.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You don't have to be old to be a leader. Dak's a natural leader. And now he will have a legit chance to lead the offense.
I don't think he has a choice. He has to lead the team. If he unravels, things will get bad real quick.

Top Bottom