Ideas for articles

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
As most of you know, our very own Booze has started writing for USA Today. He will be writing strictly Cowboys content. One of the biggest challenges (especially in the slow offseason) of writing about a niche subject is coming up with ideas for subject material. That's where you all can come in and help. This thread will be for ideas for aforementioned subject matter for his future articles. There are a ton of smart guys on this board, so it shouldn't be hard to keep him fed with ideas.

I will leave this stickied in the main forum for now so it is easy to find.

Now.... go.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
I will start. Our WR corps is one of the biggest question marks on this team. Maybe an article about if and how this WR corps might not need a #1, or the flipside to that discussion, maybe this WR corps just doesn't have enough tools to carry the load without a #1.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
An article assessing Ty Law's chances of coming to Dallas would be nice.

In all seriousness, can he slam Jerry or Red or a player like Byron Jones if he wants to? Or does he have to follow the BTB template of sweetness and light?

Cotton

Staff member

In all seriousness, can he slam Jerry or Red or a player like Byron Jones if he wants to? Or does he have to follow the BTB template of sweetness and light?
Were you given any guidelines on this, [MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION]?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
As most of you know, our very own Booze has started righting for USA Today. He will be writing strictly Cowboys content. One of the biggest challenges (especially in the slow offseason) of writing about a niche subject is coming up with ideas for subject material. That's where you all can come in and help. This thread will be for ideas for aforementioned subject matter for his future articles. There are a ton of smart guys on this board, so it shouldn't be hard to keep him fed with ideas.

I will leave this stickied in the main forum for now so it is easy to find.

Now.... go.
I hope he rights something good

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I will be able to. I don't think that would be an issue at all.

The only thing I fear is a fire and brimstone post after our next loss.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Seriously, do one on whether Garrett should get a pass this season if the Cowboys miss the playoffs. Point, because of all the turnover on offense; counterpoint, 8 years of the "process" is enough ... then sit back and watch the comment section blow up. :lol

Cotton

Staff member
How about one about our LBer corps? I think it would be an interesting read with how our LBers span from injury prone to coming back from injury to unproven first round pick. Add in the overall lack of depth and it might make for a good one.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Take in the suspensions and perception/reality that we have problems with troubled players. Let the research take the article where it may.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Thanks for the suggestions. I have already started drafting the next one about Dallas' homefield disadvantage.

I will drop a few easter eggs in for you guys. It should be fun to see who picks it up.

Cotton

Staff member
Thanks for the suggestions. I have already started drafting the next one about Dallas' homefield disadvantage.

I will drop a few easter eggs in for you guys. It should be fun to see who picks it up.
This could actually be a lot of fun. :towel

data

Forbes #1
Forget HOF, is Tony Romo even a ROHer

What can/should we expect from Tavon Austin

On paper, is offense optimization for Dak complete, or still in transition from Romo-friendly? What’s the one piece that would complete Dak-friendly? Valued with Romo, is Wittens retirement inconsequential to Dak?

Top Bottom