User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Names of Potential Garrett replacement coaches being bandied about....

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffa View Post
    Ed Werder and Mike Fisher have both tweeted a list with numerous names, both of which included Jack Del Rio. Fish's included John Fox.

If it's either of them, I'm officially done with this shit show.
    Want no part of those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Thats because we hate Garrett. Not that its the right thing to do.
    Exactly, its so damned convenient to our agenda.

Would you want to come work in Dallas with the Jones? They ran off the only two quality coaches that we've had since Jerry bought the team. The rest are puppets/Yesmen. What other owners are out there criticizing your coaching to the media before you even leave the locker room? Regardless of whether its warranted or not that's something that needs to be behind closed doors.

Yeah we are screwed as fans for the foreseeable future.
    No but Jerry did talk Parcells into it, never underestimate the snake oil salesman. Of course it didn't last long but it never does with Parcells.

I
    I still dont think Garrett is going anywhere. Just look at Stephens' last quote. They are going to scapegoat Lineman and if I was him I would talk to Bill Callahan for some advice.
    Which is why I want the worst possible offensive performances so that they fire Linehan midseason and leave it all at Garrett's feet.

I don't want there to be any room for deflecting blame. I know the Jones' can make shit up if they want to, but I want to make that as hard as possible for them to do.

A 24-0 shutout by Jax this weekend should do the trick.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ace View Post
    A 24-0 shutout by Jax this weekend should do the trick.
    Not out of the realm of the possible. Not by a long shot. Although I would bring that down a few points, our defense has played so well.

You will just hear about how good the Jags defense is. On to the next week.
    #Fire Garrett

Would you want to come work in Dallas with the Jones? They ran off the only two quality coaches that we've had since Jerry bought the team. The rest are puppets/Yesmen. What other owners are out there criticizing your coaching to the media before you even leave the locker room? Regardless of whether its warranted or not that's something that needs to be behind closed doors.

Yeah we are screwed as fans for the foreseeable future.
    But you know what, I have yet to hear any one who has coached the Cowboys team under Jones really bad mouth him about being an owner. I have heard Johnson on some of his pere game commentary say a few left handed comments but that's about it.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    But you know what, I have yet to hear any one who has coached the Cowboys team under Jones really bad mouth him about being an owner. I have heard Johnson on some of his pere game commentary say a few left handed comments but that's about it.
    You won't because it just be seen as sour grapes. They are professional about it because it really doesn't do anything if you do.
    #Fire Garrett

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    That's because, as a coach, badmouthing Jerry is equivalent to foreclosing any possible coaching option in the NFL. Jerry has lined the owners' pockets. Badmouth him and you're done in the NFL -- not to mention that very few NFL organizations want Jerry's castoffs anyway. So there's no point in publicly trashing him. Everyone knows he runs a dysfunctional circus. Badmouthing him is just stating the obvious.

Parcells is still pretty complimentary of Jerry. He doesn't have anything to gain from it.