User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Names of Potential Garrett replacement coaches being bandied about....

Names of Potential Garrett replacement coaches being bandied about....

Currently, I hear alot of Lincoln Riley love in the air. Anyone hearing others as strong candidates?

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    Currently, I hear alot of Lincoln Riley love in the air. Anyone hearing others as strong candidates?
    I would say candidates is too strong a word. It should be hopes and Jerry/Stephen kill hopes and dreams.

Ed Werder had a list of all the ones that Ive seen here plus a few more.

I still dont think Garrett is going anywhere. Just look at Stephens' last quote. They are going to scapegoat Lineman and if I was him I would talk to Bill Callahan for some advice. I believe he was run out the same way. Its a toxic situation and good luck getting anybody of any substance.

For my dreams I want Lincoln Riley but he is probably going to reunite with Mayfield in Cleveland if I had my guess.
    #Fire Garrett

3. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    I would say candidates is too strong a word. It should be hopes and Jerry/Stephen kill hopes and dreams.

Ed Werder had a list of all the ones that Ive seen here plus a few more.

I still dont think Garrett is going anywhere. Just look at Stephens' last quote. They are going to scapegoat Lineman and if I was him I would talk to Bill Callahan for some advice. I believe he was run out the same way. Its a toxic situation and good luck getting anybody of any substance.

For my dreams I want Lincoln Riley but he is probably going to reunite with Mayfield in Cleveland if I had my guess.
    Does McVay have any sharp men working under him? I'd love a piece of that action. He is a brilliant man.

I listen to some OKC sports talk radio and they said recently they'd heard Riley had no interest in the Dallas job.

Why would he? He can do better.

Though frankly, as much as they're being paid now, I don't see why any of these winning college coaches at big-time programs would want to go the NFL.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
    I listen to some OKC sports talk radio and they said recently they'd heard Riley had no interest in the Dallas job.

Why would he? He can do better.

Though frankly, as much as they're being paid now, I don't see why any of these winning college coaches at big-time programs would want to go the NFL.
    Eh they all say that kind of stuff until they eventually bolt. What would you expect him to say in the middle of a football season? Yep, I want it?

He didn't say it in public. This was more of a "things he's told friends" report.

Of course it might not be true, but it would make sense if it were.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Does McVay have any sharp men working under him? I'd love a piece of that action. He is a brilliant man.
    Would you want to come work in Dallas with the Jones? They ran off the only two quality coaches that we've had since Jerry bought the team. The rest are puppets/Yesmen. What other owners are out there criticizing your coaching to the media before you even leave the locker room? Regardless of whether its warranted or not that's something that needs to be behind closed doors.

Yeah we are screwed as fans for the foreseeable future.
    #Fire Garrett

Ed Werder and Mike Fisher have both tweeted a list with numerous names, both of which included Jack Del Rio. Fish's included John Fox.

If it's either of them, I'm officially done with this shit show.

I have a sneaky suspicion we're going to just keep kicking the can down the road and end up promoting Richard to HC.
    Last edited by Hoffa; 10-11-2018 at 05:10 PM.

10. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Would you want to come work in Dallas with the Jones? They ran off the only two quality coaches that we've had since Jerry bought the team. The rest are puppets/Yesmen. What other owners are out there criticizing your coaching to the media before you even leave the locker room? Regardless of whether its warranted or not that's something that needs to be behind closed doors.

Yeah we are screwed as fans for the foreseeable future.
    But in this case, most of us like that he criticized Garrett publicly to the media right after the loss.

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    But in this case, most of us like that he criticized Garrett publicly to the media right after the loss.
    Thats because we hate Garrett. Not that its the right thing to do.
    #Fire Garrett