The Great Police Work Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
UNCATEGORIZED
Black Activists Rally For Unarmed White Man Shot by Cops
Now, THIS is how you fix the problem. Take the racial shit out of it and fight against the corruption itself.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Another shooting in San Diego. Except that that there is actually a photo, right now that shows the guy pointing something at officers. Doesn't matter though.

I am starting to think getting shot by cops is a fad now, like planking was.
That's funny, wrong but funny.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Now, THIS is how you fix the problem. Take the racial shit out of it and fight against the corruption itself.
So now you admit there is corruption?

This would be comical if it was not so sad and a a reflection of how polarized this country is.

Cotton

Staff member
So now you admit there is corruption?

This would be comical if it was not so sad and a a reflection of how polarized this country is.
I'd like you to find one single post where I have said there is no corruption at all. Just one.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'd like you to find one single post where I have said there is no corruption at all. Just one.
Your history of deflecting and ignoring anything said in past cases is well documented but now without any background on what actually happened here, you are all on board with fighting corruption.

It's not about saying there was never corruption its about you automatically believing law enforcement 95% of the time in this thread.

Now its about the "proper" way to fight corruption.

Cotton

Staff member
Your history of deflecting and ignoring anything said in past cases is well documented but now without any background on what actually happened here, you are all on board with fighting corruption.

It's not about saying there was never corruption its about you automatically believing law enforcement 95% of the time in this thread.

Now its about the "proper" way to fight corruption.
Because 95% of the time the cops are in the right. That doesn't mean that the other 5% isn't a problem. But, I know that's impossible for you to understand since all you do is watch your TV and assume that you are seeing 100% of police interactions. The media loves morons like you. Easy to guide, easy to manipulate.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Because 95% of the time the cops are in the right. That doesn't mean that the other 5% isn't a problem. But, I know that's impossible for you to understand since all you do is watch your TV and assume that you are seeing 100% of police interactions. The media loves morons like you. Easy to guide, easy to manipulate.
Thanks for illustrating my point for me.

Just for shits and giggles please tell how you came to the conclusion that this is a case of "corruption" and different from the other 95%.

jeebs

Brand New Member
i agree, my problem is when you take the position that the streets are a war zone and need to be treated as such. Then you get a whole bunch of decent people (cops and civilians) in situations that have the ability to go bad and some do go bad. Better to defuse those situations with less agresive policing. Then, in my opinion, when they do go bad shoot away.

Cotton

Staff member
Thanks for illustrating my point for me.

Just for shits and giggles please tell how you came to the conclusion that this is a case of "corruption" and different from the other 95%.
God damn, man. I'm not singling out this case versus others. There is an issue of corruption in the police in this country. I have never denied that. It's a small portion of the cases, but it is an issue. Not with just black people but with everyone. It's a small percentage, but it is an issue. What fixes it is not making it about race. What we need to do is mandate body cams on every single cop in this country. We have got to find where the problem is and eliminate it.

Cotton

Staff member
i agree, my problem is when you take the position that the streets are a war zone and need to be treated as such. Then you get a whole bunch of decent people (cops and civilians) in situations that have the ability to go bad and some do go bad. Better to defuse those situations with less agresive policing. Then, in my opinion, when they do go bad shoot away.
It would be nice if citizens aren't pulling their hands up like they have a gun, or pulling a realistic bb gun on cops. Would alleviate some of that war zone feeling among cops.

jeebs

Brand New Member
It would be nice if citizens aren't pulling their hands up like they have a gun, or pulling a realistic bb gun on cops. Would alleviate some of that war zone feeling among cops.
How about not using swat teams for what used to be standard arrests?

Cops are much more likely to be shot in them, civilians are more likely to be shot. Pets are a fuck ton more likely to be shot. Other people are more likely to be upset and feel threatened. I mean that is just one common sense way to defuse the tension and police are going the exact opposite way.

This was a tactic that basically didn't exist for 99 percent of departments in the 90's

But seriously. If you pull a realistic by gun you deserve to be shot. If the cops have the wrong home, you don't deserve to have your barking dog killed.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Sitting while black.

Start the video about the 6:30 mark.

Can you believe this guy.

Jiggyfly

Banned
So this cop just quite without any repercussions and is free to join any other police department.:picard

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Here's one that will hit close to home here

Here's one that will hit close to home here

A black mother told police a white man assaulted her child. They arrested her instead.

A Fort Worth police officer has been placed on “restricted duty status” after a viral video emerged Wednesday showing the officer arresting a mother who called authorities to report that her 7-year-old son has been assaulted.

In a statement posted on Twitter on Thursday, police said the department’s Internal Affairs Unit is investigating the incident, which led to the arrest of the mother, Jacqueline Craig, and her two daughters, according to video of the incident that was posted on Facebook.

Craig, 46, and her relatives are black, and the officer — who has not been named by police — is white.

The nearly 6-minute video — which shows the officer pointing his stun gun at teenagers during the controversial arrests — has been shared more than 65,000 times and racked up nearly 1 million views.

Craig was charged with resisting arrest, according to jail records obtained by the Star-Telegram.

Brea Hymond, one of Craig’s teenage daughters, was also charged with resisting arrest and interfering with public duty, the paper reported.

A second 15-year-old daughter was also arrested, but charging information was not immediately available.

Lee Merritt, an attorney for the woman, told the Star-Telegram that he wants the charges against his clients “dropped immediately,” calling them “completely manufactured.”

“We want to see the officer involved terminated from his position as a peace officer within Fort Worth and would also like to see him prosecuted criminally for his behavior — for his felony assault of my clients,” Merritt added. “We would like to see the individual who all this started from — the neighbor who assaulted a 7-year-old child — prosecuted as well.”

He noted on Twitter that police didn’t take Craig’s original report about her son allegedly being assaulted.

On Wednesday morning, Merritt tweeted that he was working to secure the release of both women. By Wednesday afternoon, that release had occurred, according to the lawyer’s Twitter feed.

The police statement said investigators “worked throughout the night” interviewing witnesses and reviewing video evidence, including footage from the officer’s body camera.

The statement asked the public to remain calm Thursday as their investigation into the troubling continues.

“We acknowledge that the initial appearance of the video may raise serious questions,” the police statement said. “We ask that our investigators are given the time and opportunity to thoroughly examine the incident and to submit their findings.”

“The process may take time, but the integrity of the investigation rests upon the ability of our investigators to document facts and to accurately evaluate the size and scope of what transpired.”

The video begins with Craig explaining to the officer that her children told her that a man in her Fort Worth neighborhood grabbed her son by the neck after the child refused to pick up litter.

“You could’ve came to me,” Craig tells the accused man, who stands nearby. “Don’t put your hands on my son.”

“Well why don’t you teach your son not to litter,” the officer responded. :picard

Craig then replied, “He can’t prove to me that my son littered, but it doesn’t matter if he did or didn’t, it doesn’t give him the right to put his hands on him.”

“Why not?” the officer responded.
:lol seriously?

The comment prompts someone outside the shot to remind the officer that he’s being recorded.

Craig, growing pained, tells the officer that he doesn’t know what she teaches her son and that children don’t always follow their parent’s rules when adults are out of sight.

The officer replies that if she keeps yelling it’s going to “piss me off and I’m going to take you to jail.”

As tensions rise, the video shows Hymond, 19, step in front of Craig and begin to push her away from the officer. At that point, the officer grabs the teenager from behind before aggressively pushing her to the side, knocking Craig to the ground and shoving a taser into her back and then pointing the weapon at others at the scene.

Merritt told KXAS-TV that Craig’s teenage daughter stepped in between the officer and her mother to de-escalate the situation.

As the officer grabs the teen’s shoulder from behind a voice screams, “Don’t grab her! Don’t grab her!”

As the incident unfolds a woman can be heard telling the officer that he is “on live.”

The video shows the officer arresting Hymond while the person filming follows him with her phone yelling profanities and telling the officer that he’s “arresting a 15-year-old.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-black-mother-told-police-a-white-man-assaulted-her-child-they-arrested-her-instead/ar-BBxt7N3?li=BBnb7Kz

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So this cop just quite without any repercussions and is free to join any other police department.:picard
The only reason I can think of for the sudden and extreme response was that he thought maybe the guy was calling someone on the phone to come attack the police. It's all very strange. Officers are on such high alert at all times that it seems like the most mild thing can set them off.

townsend

Banned
The only reason I can think of for the sudden and extreme response was that he thought maybe the guy was calling someone on the phone to come attack the police. It's all very strange. Officers are on such high alert at all times that it seems like the most mild thing can set them off.
That's what you want from your peacekeepers.

Top Bottom