Cowboyswire

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Nice work, Booze.

Jourdan Lewis has looked so bad that I honestly think there's a good chance that he doesn't make the roster.

He whiffed on a couple of tackles and was completely whipped and lost in pass coverage. Usually you can overcome being bad in one of those areas, but if you are a complete liability in both run and pass defense......I just don't see how you can justify keeping him on the roster.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Agree on all points, particularly Lewis. He pretty much looked like a third round steal last year but evidently the sophomore jinx has bitten him or he's not adapting well to Richard's coaching style. He also doesn't fit the size profile of a Richard DB.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Nice work, Booze.

Jourdan Lewis has looked so bad that I honestly think there's a good chance that he doesn't make the roster.

He whiffed on a couple of tackles and was completely whipped and lost in pass coverage. Usually you can overcome being bad in one of those areas, but if you are a complete liability in both run and pass defense......I just don't see how you can justify keeping him on the roster.
Zero percent chance he's cut.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Especially since all the CB's after the top 4 are complete shit, like, not even worth keeping a 5th CB bad.

What, we're going to keep Duke Thomas over Lewis?

Not happening.
You shall not take that tone.

I agree.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Especially since all the CB's after the top 4 are complete shit, like, not even worth keeping a 5th CB bad.

What, we're going to keep Duke Thomas over Lewis?

Not happening.
Lewis was too good as a rookie to cut bait so quickly. He gets a long leash.

In fact I deduct points from Richard if he can't figure out a way to at least make him a serviceable fourth CB, simply cause he's undersized.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Booze's Cincy article came across my Yahoo news feed organically.

Pretty sweet.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Nice work, Booze.

I think Lewis is depth/insurance in case of injury. He was drafted over Brown, plus Brown plays stupid half the time, helping the opposition sustain drives.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Zero percent chance he's cut.
I know that's typically not the Cowboys style, but a lot of franchises don't hesitate to quickly move on from a player who they don't think will cut it.

1bigfan13

Staff member
To be clear, I'm not saying Lewis should be cut right now. But if his last two preseason games look like his first two games, it wouldn't surprise me to see him get cut.

Right now he looks like one of the street FAs.

p1_

DCC 4Life
To be clear, I'm not saying Lewis should be cut right now. But if his last two preseason games look like his first two games, it wouldn't surprise me to see him get cut.

Right now he looks like one of the street FAs.
So, if he is cut, who do you see making the roster ahead of him, aside from the starters and I assume Anthony Brown?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I know that's typically not the Cowboys style, but a lot of franchises don't hesitate to quickly move on from a player who they don't think will cut it.
I think you are overstating both how quickly other teams would be willing to move on from a third round pick, and also how badly he projects moving forward.

He's struggling but he was a very highly regarded prospect and he looked good his rookie year. It's not unheard of for a sophomore to struggle, and even more expected given the scheme change.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I think you are overstating both how quickly other teams would be willing to move on from a third round pick, and also how badly he projects moving forward.

He's struggling but he was a very highly regarded prospect and he looked good his rookie year. It's not unheard of for a sophomore to struggle, and even more expected given the scheme change.
I can understand struggling with a new scheme but he's been really bad in areas that aren't "new scheme" related. Like tackling.

Can't blame Richard and the new scheme for that.

It's still early, but as of right now if you did a blind "Pepsi Challenge" test between Lewis and the other camp bodies that the Cowboys brought in at DB, you'd have a hard time pointing out the player who is the 3rd round pick.

1bigfan13

Staff member
So, if he is cut, who do you see making the roster ahead of him, aside from the starters and I assume Anthony Brown?
That player not be on the Cowboys roster at the moment.

After the top 3 guys, I haven't been particularly impressed with any of the Cowboys CBs.....and even Brown has been inconsistent to say the least.

Lewis may hold the edge on the current group based purely on playing experience.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That player not be on the Cowboys roster at the moment.

After the top 3 guys, I haven't been particularly impressed with any of the Cowboys CBs.....and even Brown has been inconsistent to say the least.

Lewis may hold the edge on the current group based purely on playing experience.
If I based my opinion off of two preseason games I'd agree with you. He has just been bad. But that's a pretty small sampling. NFL players have bad games. Especially when it's preseason and everyone playing around him looks confused too. I'll trust that he looked great last year and I haven't been reading about him having a bad camp at all.

People have a tendency to overreact after only a couple preseason games. I'm not going to write the guy off based on that. Not with his pedigree and what I saw out of him last season.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
K, shit is getting real. I will now get paid for articles on volume.

My piece on the final cuts got 40K shares, which set a record for Cowboyswire.

Lookit, I know I love you people and I know you love me.

So if you feel generous, please share the articles I post on Cowboyswire via Facebook etc.

It would be greatly appreciated and I could always kick back for needed site improvements.

Top Bottom