User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will Garrett coach the full season?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 83.33%
  • No

5 16.67%
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Red Man Walking

The thing to remember is also, Jerry doesn’t throw people under the bus. He defended Wade then fired him shortly after. He denied looking to replace Campo and then interviewed Bill Parcells.

Quote Originally Posted by deadrise View Post
    To fire Garrett would be admitting that the last 8 years have been a waste. Jerry's made an investment in Garrett. He's kept adding to it and held on to it way too long. So firing Garrett after all this time makes Jerry look really, really stupid and incompetent to a degree that can't just be brushed aside. That might worry Jerry more than anything.
    This is the heart of it.

Garrett stays unless this team goes 3-13.

Dumping Jason Garrett would be worth losing the top pick in the draft.

... until you imagine whom Skeletor might pick next. /shudder

Chiefs red is looking better by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    The thing to remember is also, Jerry doesn’t throw people under the bus. He defended Wade then fired him shortly after. He denied looking to replace Campo and then interviewed Bill Parcells.
    Yea, Jerry lies about this shit all the time.

I think 8-8 might be enough to save Garrett's ass for one more year but anything less and I'm fairly sure he's fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post

I think 8-8 might be enough to save Garrett's ass for one more year but anything less and I'm fairly sure he's fired.
    It would be sad if 8-8 saved him again. That's a career's worth of 8-8 and I'm sick of it. I'd rather an new coach came in, we lost for 2 years and actually were building for something rather than suffer through the hell of more mediocrity. It's like the Mavs now. The past few years of just trying to do something with Dirk and barely make the playoffs sucked. Now with DSJ and Luca in the past 2 years of drafts, they are still bad, but you can see the hope for the future so losing doesn't feel so futile.

Quote Originally Posted by deadrise View Post
    I don't think Jerry worries about bad decisions. He's made so many appalling decisions over the years that he'd never let a few more fiascos worry him.

But the real big appalling decision, hiring Garrett and keeping him all this time, might be the saving grace for Garrett. To fire Garrett would be admitting that the last 8 years have been a waste. Jerry's made an investment in Garrett. He's kept adding to it and held on to it way too long. So firing Garrett after all this time makes Jerry look really, really stupid and incompetent to a degree that can't just be brushed aside. That might worry Jerry more than anything.
    by the same token, when your investment yields no return, it's bad business to hold that investment. You have to cut losses at some point. there was a time when Jerry was a savvy business man.
    Gaining on .500

I dont think this team will make 8-8. I can easily see losses in the next 5 games straight, making it 3-10.
    Gaining on .500

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    by the same token, when your investment yields no return, it's bad business to hold that investment. You have to cut losses at some point. there was a time when Jerry was a savvy business man.
    That's true about not holding on to bad investment. Unless Jerry's ego gets in the way of smart business.

Quote Originally Posted by fortsbest View Post
    It would be sad if 8-8 saved him again. That's a career's worth of 8-8 and I'm sick of it. I'd rather an new coach came in, we lost for 2 years and actually were building for something rather than suffer through the hell of more mediocrity. It's like the Mavs now. The past few years of just trying to do something with Dirk and barely make the playoffs sucked. Now with DSJ and Luca in the past 2 years of drafts, they are still bad, but you can see the hope for the future so losing doesn't feel so futile.
    It would be very sad, although it would mean 5-3 over the next 8, which might be enough to convince dumbass Jerry.

I think he could still be fired at 8-8 but in my mind it has to be 7-9 or worse for me to feel confident in it.

9. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    I dont think this team will make 8-8. I can easily see losses in the next 5 games straight, making it 3-10.
    The end of the year is Colts/Bucs/Giants, that could easily be 3 wins in a row, we could also definitely beat the Redskins, if they can sneak another win somewhere in there that's 8.

I agree that it's unlikely given what should've been a relatively easy win against the Titans but it's not impossible.

If I had to put money on a record I think it'd be 6-10, maybe 7-9.

The end of the year is Colts/Bucs/Giants, that could easily be 3 wins in a row, we could also definitely beat the Redskins, if they can sneak another win somewhere in there that's 8.
    Im with you, the final 3 of the schedule are our best chance for wins. Nothing can be assumed or taken for granted with this squad.
    Gaining on .500