User Tag List

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: "Dallas Cowboys Run By Losers"

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    Already talking draft. Nice.
    Well when I really have no hope for the season it's all I have. We literally are right near the top of our division but our offense is so bad right now I just don't have any hope.

Just don't know how the draft changes anything. The last few drafts have been pretty productive -- especially by Dallas Cowboy standards.

The team is young and it seems there's a decent core of talent there. Yet on the field they still pretty much suck. That's coaching. Drafting a QB or WR won't change that sad fact.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    I have a feeling the WRs will be hung out to dry at the end of it all.

Prescott and Garrett.

Rookie of the Year and Coach of the Year. One last ride.
    I won't be surprised if the Joneses try to re-do the post-2015 year. That year they got away with blaming everything on injuries and saying, "No one could have won, it was all circumstances out of our control. Just bad luck. Nothing to see here, we'll get 'em next year" and people seemed to buy it.

We'll have a few more injuries as we go -- like every team -- and they'll put that along with the Fred and Lee injuries to excuse everything away. Stephen will sell a new draft and all the cap space they have to get new receivers/TE.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Quote Originally Posted by deadrise View Post
    Just don't know how the draft changes anything. The last few drafts have been pretty productive -- especially by Dallas Cowboy standards.

The team is young and it seems there's a decent core of talent there. Yet on the field they still pretty much suck. That's coaching. Drafting a QB or WR won't change that sad fact.
    We have put a lot into the defense and we are seeing the fruits of that labor pay off. The problem is we literally haven't drafted a good receiver or TE since Dez and Witten like almost a decade or more ago. But the defense is pretty stacked. Although a 3 technique with some ability would be huge. Crawford is average and Irving is doing classic Irving stuff. But other than that the defense looks pretty good. On offense we have the O-line built. Assuming Williams continues to improve we should be set there for a long time. The offense literally needs better coaches and revamped TEs/WRs. I'd love to have an uber talented passer at QB as well. It's not easy to find one but it would go a long ways for this offense. The guy I really like is Drew Lock. He has an absolute rifle for an arm and he can run. It's sort of the Wentz/Mahomes skill set. The funny thing is he has Dooley coaching him now at Missouri (I think he is the QB coach there).

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    We have put a lot into the defense and we are seeing the fruits of that labor pay off. The problem is we literally haven't drafted a good receiver or TE since Dez and Witten like almost a decade or more ago. But the defense is pretty stacked. Although a 3 technique with some ability would be huge. Crawford is average and Irving is doing classic Irving stuff. But other than that the defense looks pretty good. On offense we have the O-line built. Assuming Williams continues to improve we should be set there for a long time. The offense literally needs better coaches and revamped TEs/WRs. I'd love to have an uber talented passer at QB as well. It's not easy to find one but it would go a long ways for this offense. The guy I really like is Drew Lock. He has an absolute rifle for an arm and he can run. It's sort of the Wentz/Mahomes skill set. The funny thing is he has Dooley coaching him now at Missouri (I think he is the QB coach there).
    OK, let's assume for the sake of discussion your assessment of the Wentz/Mahomes skill set is accurate. What good does it do to have a guy like that come in and be coached by Garrett/Linehan/Moore? Garrett's stone age offense? They'll ruin the guy in the first season.

OK, let's assume for the sake of discussion your assessment of the Wentz/Mahomes skill set is accurate. What good does it do to have a guy like that come in and be coached by Garrett/Linehan/Moore? Garrett's stone age offense? They'll ruin the guy in the first season.
    Well you have to do something. The front office isnt going anywhere.
    #Fire Garrett

No, cant you see, it took 1.5 seasons to ruin an overachiever?

Well you have to replace Garrett/Linehan if you do it. Otherwise you might as well just stick with Dak.

I absolutely subscribe to the idea that bad coaches can ruin a QB and that great coaches can develop a QB to greatness.

I get the feeling that whatever magic Dak had is now long gone. Garrett, Linehan and Junior Wannabe have ruined him forever.

The Chiefs bet the ranch in the 2017 draft to get Mahomes. But still, he was 10th overall, not top one, two or three. They let him sit for a year, then trade A. Smith, who was not a great QB, but in their system a damn good QB.

Mahomes steps into the Chiefs Air Raid style offense and starts tearing things up -- because it's similar to the offense he ran in college.

Does that sound remotely like anything that would ever happen in Jerry's organization?