User Tag List

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 131

Thread: "Dallas Cowboys Run By Losers"

  1. #91
    Senior Member L.T. Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    I'd be cool with drafting a WR high. But I'm not sure we would even do that.
    I’m not sure there is a lot of security in highly rated Wide recievers. A great many are high strung egotistical ball hogs that cause almost as many problems as the rest of the team combined. Anymore you see the media pouring all over the teams that have problematic high dollar receivers. I think there are a lot of really good receivers that can be drafted in the 3rd or 4th rounds. To me the first and second round picks are outstanding lineman who are the team anchors and rarely cause problems with their egos.
    Since Day One

  2. The following user likes this post:


  3. #92
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    25,226
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    I’m not sure there is a lot of security in highly rated Wide recievers. A great many are high strung egotistical ball hogs that cause almost as many problems as the rest of the team combined. Anymore you see the media pouring all over the teams that have problematic high dollar receivers. I think there are a lot of really good receivers that can be drafted in the 3rd or 4th rounds. To me the first and second round picks are outstanding lineman who are the team anchors and rarely cause problems with their egos.
    There are great players available at every position in every round. QB is the one exception because there are so few good ones.

    The top 5 WR's in the NFL by yards right now though are

    Deandre Hopkins - First Round
    Adam Thielen - Undrafted
    Julio Jones - First Round
    Michael Thomas - Second Round
    Odell Beckham - First Round

    You'll find that far more of the top WR's were taken highly in the draft than not.
    Last edited by Cowboysrock55; 10-10-2018 at 09:38 PM.

  4. #93
    Senior Member L.T. Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    There are great players available at every position in every round. QB is the one exception because there are so few good ones.

    The top 5 WR's in the NFL by yards right now though are

    Deandre Hopkins - First Round
    Adam Thielen - Undrafted
    Julio Jones - First Round
    Michael Thomas - Second Round
    Odell Beckham - First Round

    You'll find that far more of the top WR's were taken highly in the draft than not.
    I think a better test might be to see what Teams are still standing in the playoff rounds and see where their wide receivers ranked in the draft. Catching a lot of passes but not going to the dance is a consolation prize. Maybe we can visit this at a later time. I am too lazy at the moment to research the the past few seasons.
    Since Day One

  5. #94
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    25,226
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    I think a better test might be to see what Teams are still standing in the playoff rounds and see where their wide receivers ranked in the draft. Catching a lot of passes but not going to the dance is a consolation prize. Maybe we can visit this at a later time. I am too lazy at the moment to research the the past few seasons.
    Well that's going to vary wildly from year to year as every NFL team is constructed differently and NFL teams all find different ways to win games. But if you look in the Superbowl the Pat's and Eagles both sported receivers drafted in the first round last year. Cooks and Agholor are both former first rounders. The Eagles also had Jefferey and Torrey Smith who were former second round picks.

    But again you could pick a different Superbowl and the teams will be constructed way differently.

  6. #95
    Senior Member Genghis Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    12,321
    Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    How about you get none of these things?

    How about they stick with Prescott. Decide to draft a WR high and give Garrett another year?

    You good?

    Because, you know, there is a distinct fucking possibility this happens just like I described.
    This represents the pinnacle of DFDC.

  7. #96
    Senior Member Genghis Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    12,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    I'd be cool with drafting a WR high. But I'm not sure we would even do that.
    I'm not on board with that.

  8. #97
    Senior Member Rev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    This represents the pinnacle of DFDC.
    He isnt wrong, though. It very well could happen.
    #Fire Garrett

  9. #98
    Senior Member Rev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    I'm not on board with that.
    Why? Dont value the WRs that high or just want to draft a QB there? What if the QBs arent worth it because there is talk about concern over the quality of the QBs this year? Just draft one to draft one?

    I'm just wondering and I am on the replace Dak boat as well. I jist dont want to Ryan Leaf it just because. We are also at a disadvantage because I dont believe our braintrust can evaluate them nor develop them. We are going to need a lot of luck.
    #Fire Garrett

  10. #99
    Senior Member Genghis Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    12,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Why? Dont value the WRs that high or just want to draft a QB there? What if the QBs arent worth it because there is talk about concern over the quality of the QBs this year? Just draft one to draft one?

    I'm just wondering and I am on the replace Dak boat as well. I jist dont want to Ryan Leaf it just because. We are also at a disadvantage because I dont believe our braintrust can evaluate them nor develop them. We are going to need a lot of luck.
    I'm not hell bent on anything but a 1st round WR doesn't solve any of our problems. Unless he's a no-question elite stud I'd prefer to build in other ways.

  11. #100
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    25,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    I'm not hell bent on anything but a 1st round WR doesn't solve any of our problems. Unless he's a no-question elite stud I'd prefer to build in other ways.
    So other than QB, what would you take in the draft to help the offense? Or do you not view the offense as the problem holding this team back?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •