User Tag List

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: "Dallas Cowboys Run By Losers"

Quote Originally Posted by bbgun View Post
    "One good draft plus some key free agent acquisitions and Dak will be good as new." That's how Jerry thinks, which is why radical change is a longshot.
    Feels like what they said when they drafted Zeke instead of going hard after Goff/Wentz like I wanted.

2. The following user likes this post:

It's 4th and two, and the only thing in Garrett's intellectual playbook is a running play to Elliott. But they'd just stuffed one, and they'd been stuffing Elliott all night. So Garrett's out of bullets. So he does what he's done dozens of time before from inside the opponents 50 -- punt.

4. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by deadrise View Post
    It's 4th and two, and the only thing in Garrett's intellectual playbook is a running play to Elliott. But they'd just stuffed one, and they'd been stuffing Elliott all night. So Garrett's out of bullets. So he does what he's done dozens of time before from inside the opponents 50 -- punt.
    This is why I put a caveat on the criticism. I said it's still "disappointing" -- but it's not as open and shut as "They have Elliott and the best OL in football, what was he thinking?!?!" Well, he was thinking the Texans had eaten up short running plays all night long for no gain or lossed yardage, that's what. It does make SOME sense. You're not quite in QB sneak for a first range.

Quote Originally Posted by bkeavs View Post
    So much yes, this really says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    So what? Isn't that what I've been told I'm doing with Garrett? I don't have any faith this front office will pick the right coach either, but since Garrett isn't taking us where we want to go, might as well cut bait and spin the wheel again.

Same goes for QB. It's time to cut bait.

There's no point in cutting bait. You have another year before you need to extend him. I'm all for drafting another QB, but you can do that with Dak on the roster. In the meantime, bring in a new coach - who hopefully isn't a complete retard - let him evaluate the situation and do what he thinks is best.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffa View Post
    There's no point in cutting bait. You have another year before you need to extend him. I'm all for drafting another QB, but you can do that with Dak on the roster. In the meantime, bring in a new coach - who hopefully isn't a complete retard - let him evaluate the situation and do what he thinks is best.
    Yeah, I've said no need to outright cut him.

But mentally cut bait. He's no longer the starter. As I said, I might turn it over to Mike White at some point to see what he's got this season.

I'm drafting a QB early in the first round, or trading up to get one. That's not what a team with a 25 year old entrenched starter does. Or I'm gonna throw a megacontract at a free agent if one were to come available (say, even, Drew Brees?).

I'm moving on. You don't have to cut him outright, but I'm not operating like Prescott is still the starter and let's see what the next staff makes of him. No, I'm out to replace him. If it turns out I can't get up high enough to draft a guy I like and Prescott has to start again, so be it, but I'm trying.

Divorce yourself from the notion that he's your long term starter. That's the cut bait I'm talking about. Operate as if you don't have a QB, because in reality, no staff is gonna turn him into an elite QB.

I know you were halfway kidding about Brees. He will be 40 in January. Dont go look at the QBs that are to be free agents because it will scare you. Bridgewater may be the best one there.
    #Fire Garrett

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    I know you were halfway kidding about Brees. He will be 40 in January. Dont go look at the QBs that are to be free agents because it will scare you. Bridgewater may be the best one there.
    Yeah, I have no idea who will be available.

But it is "halfway" kidding about Brees.

I might be interested if he can give me 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    Yeah, I've said no need to outright cut him.

But mentally cut bait. He's no longer the starter. As I said, I might turn it over to Mike White at some point to see what he's got this season.

I'm drafting a QB early in the first round, or trading up to get one. That's not what a team with a 25 year old entrenched starter does. Or I'm gonna throw a megacontract at a free agent if one were to come available (say, even, Drew Brees?).

I'm moving on. You don't have to cut him outright, but I'm not operating like Prescott is still the starter and let's see what the next staff makes of him. No, I'm out to replace him. If it turns out I can't get up high enough to draft a guy I like and Prescott has to start again, so be it, but I'm trying.

Divorce yourself from the notion that he's your long term starter. That's the cut bait I'm talking about. Operate as if you don't have a QB, because in reality, no staff is gonna turn him into an elite QB.

I'm on board with that, but it's not going to happen - nor should it happen - without a new coach coming in. I don't think this staff knows how to evaluate and/or develop the position, and I don't think they know enough to convince Jerry that he needs to change course at the position.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Yeah unless someone gets cut going after a free agent after this season looks like a waste of time. Besides I think the real advantage in the NFL these days is getting a young stud QB on a cheap contract. Tying up 30 mil a season on a QB doesn't seem like a good idea in free agency.