User Tag List

Page 104 of 115 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1147

Thread: Week 5 Game Day Chatter |Cowboys @ Texans | 10-7-2018

  1. #1031
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    25,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ace View Post
    Hard to cut Dak any slack when he frequently misses open receivers with poor throws.

    That is just one of many from last night.
    Yeah I wasn't trying to cut him slack. When I watched the play last night it was so quick I couldn't tell if Austin even had a real shot at catching it. When I rewatched the clip it looked to me like he could have caught it. Not trying to cut Dak any slack but our receivers do some of this to themselves. I watch other receivers adjust and help their QB's out. The one catch where I actually saw a player bail our QB out last night was Swaim on that low throw. He actually made a really nice catch. But other than that these receivers are just frustrating.

    But yes, Dak could have made a better throw there, no question about it. I'd still tell Dak to cut that pass loose 10 times out of 10. It was close and would have been a huge play. It was the right throw against that coverage. It's ok to miss some but you have to keep trying.

    Last edited by Cowboysrock55; 10-08-2018 at 05:26 PM.

  2. #1032
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    25,225
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Yeah, you go ahead and keep telling yourself that. The rest of us that aren't invested in slurping Dak's crank know that it would have still been a high throw to Harold fucking Carmichael.
    Keep imaging shit. Never said it was a good throw. Just pointing out the draw backs of a 5'8" WR. God some people are so sensitive. It's like if I'm not comparing Dak to Quincy Carter I can't fit in. Grow up.
    Last edited by Cowboysrock55; 10-08-2018 at 05:18 PM.

  3. #1033
    Senior Member L.T. Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Honestly what would make the most sense is to bring in a new coaching staff. Draft a QB in the first and keep Dak as the starter for one more year. Let the young guy learn and probably be in a situation with a Dak Prescott that you could trade for something. Of course the key is the new coaching staff. Preferably someone with experience actually running good offenses.
    You continue to think that if Dak were under different coaches he would suddenly became better. I see no basis for this myself. He has had a checkered career with Dallas that if this current trend continues he will have on of the worst statistical careers in Dallas history as far as his passing stats go. It isn't all coaching because there are just too many examples over this and last season that reveals he doesn't have very good throwing accuracy.
    Since Day One

  4. #1034
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    25,225
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    You continue to think that if Dak were under different coaches he would suddenly became better. I see no basis for this myself. He has had a checkered career with Dallas that if this current trend continues he will have on of the worst statistical careers in Dallas history as far as his passing stats go. It isn't all coaching because there are just too many examples over this and last season that reveals he doesn't have very good throwing accuracy.
    Um what? I'm suggesting trading Dak for a pick after we've given a young talented QB time to learn? What are you talking about? And how do you figure worst statistical careers in Dallas history? That's not even close to true. Now you're just making stuff up.

  5. #1035
    Senior Member 1bigfan13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,560
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    You continue to think that if Dak were under different coaches he would suddenly became better. I see no basis for this myself. He has had a checkered career with Dallas that if this current trend continues he will have on of the worst statistical careers in Dallas history as far as his passing stats go. It isn't all coaching because there are just too many examples over this and last season that reveals he doesn't have very good throwing accuracy.
    I don't think we can definitely say that yet. Which is why I'd be interested in seeing how he performs with more creative coaching staff and with an experienced QB coach to handle him.

    I mentioned it way back in Jun/July that the Cowboys pretty much gave Dak the middle finger coming into this season and that I didn't expect to see any improvement from him.

    Obviously he needs to do better himself but this organization has absolutely failed him. I don't think anyone can argue against that. If you include Terrance Williams, he's lost 3 of his top 4 go to receivers from previous years. The Cowboys answer to filling these massive holes has been an absolute joke. And to top things off, after saddling him with arguably the league's worst cast of receiving weapons, they force an unproven position coach into his lap.

    Did anyone honestly expect to see growth from Dak under these circumstances? That's why I'm not quite ready to completely distance myself from him.

    What the Cowboys are doing with Dak is pretty much like asking a general medical practitioner to perform open heart surgery. "Here, go read this 'Heart Surgery for Dummies' booklet then head to the OR to insert a valve into patient X's heart."

    This is what we're doing in Dallas.
    Last edited by 1bigfan13; 10-08-2018 at 05:47 PM.

  6. #1036
    Senior Member NoDak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Keep imaging shit. Never said it was a good throw. Just pointing out the draw backs of a 5'8" WR. God some people are so sensitive. It's like if I'm not comparing Dak to Quincy Carter I can't fit in. Grow up.
    You've told us a couple different times that it would be caught "easily, and in stride" by a normal sized WR. And that Gallup would make a "normal catch" with that same throw. You seriously believe that shit? And if there's anybody being sensitive here, it would be you. How about you "grow up" and stop being such a retarded fan boy. The throw was high. Yet you feel compelled to make excuses for Dak over it.

    Find me one person who agrees with you and thinks that throw could be normally caught, or easily and in stride by a taller WR.

  7. #1037
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    25,225
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    You've told us a couple different times that it would be caught "easily, and in stride" by a normal sized WR. And that Gallup would make a "normal catch" with that same throw. You seriously believe that shit? And if there's anybody being sensitive here, it would be you. How about you "grow up" and stop being such a retarded fan boy. The throw was high. Yet you feel compelled to make excuses for Dak over it.

    Find me one person who agrees with you and thinks that throw could be normally caught, or easily and in stride by a taller WR.
    Says the guy referring to sucking guys dicks. You're such a child. If you don't see the difference between a 5'8" guy getting hit in the hands and a guy with a larger catch radius catching the ball I'm not sure what to tell you. Clearly you don't understand math?

  8. #1038
    Senior Member NoDak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,885

  9. #1039
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    25,225
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    I posted the video, watch for yourself. That picture is deceiving because it's after the ball already hit the dudes hands. I know you get bored so you want to start childish name calling fights. Don't really care. There is no point in talking about this.

  10. #1040
    Senior Member NoDak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    I posted the video, watch for yourself. That picture is deceiving because it's after the ball already hit the dudes hands. I know you get bored so you want to start childish name calling fights. Don't really care. There is no point in talking about this.
    Like I said, find somebody that agrees with you. But you won't.

    We all know this is true.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •