User Tag List

Page 96 of 115 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 1147

Thread: Week 5 Game Day Chatter |Cowboys @ Texans | 10-7-2018

  1. #951
    Senior Member 1bigfan13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,560
    Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    We never had the problems passing the ball that Dak is having before Dak got here.

    Or, well, when we did, it was with other QBs who don't have a role as starters in this league, like Brandon Weeden.

    That's what Dak is right now. He's closer to Brandon Weeden than Tony Romo.
    See, you're focusing on just the passing aspect of the game. Last time I checked the head coach is responsible for a helluva lot more than just the QBs performance.

    Garrett has a lengthy laundry list of games that he's mismanaged. Last night's 4th and 1 punt in OT goes on that list. That's the kind of stuff that you can't put on Dak. Stuff like that has been going on long before Dak put on a Cowboys uniform.

  2. The following 2 users like this post:


  3. #952
    Teh Acester Texas Ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,809
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    Me if Garrett and Mike Stoops get shown the door in the same year.



    Garrett getting fired would be the greatest gift of the year for me.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

  4. #953
    Teh Acester Texas Ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,809
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    See, you're focusing on just the passing aspect of the game. Last time I checked the head coach is responsible for a helluva lot more than just the QBs performance.

    Garrett has a lengthy laundry list of games that he's mismanaged. Last night's 4th and 1 punt in OT goes on that list. That's the kind of stuff that you can't put on Dak. Stuff like that has been going on long before Dak put on a Cowboys uniform.
    Right on.

    Garrett has held this team back for a very long time and his shit brand of coaching cost us in the playoff game in 2016 and his stank was on the 2014 loss as well.

    He's been a problem long before Dak ever arrived, this just allows all of that to come to light.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

  5. #954
    I hope Dak is saving the money he is making from all those endorsements he got after his rookie year.

    It's over.

    He's backup quality.

  6. #955
    Senior Member p1_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,180
    Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    Excuse me, coach. What the fuck?!
    Did you lack those 3 Super Bowls?

  7. #956
    Senior Member deadrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    Yeah, I thought the previous 8-8 seasons usually had legit excuses; most certainly, the terrible state of the offensive lines.

    He has a terrible QB right now, no coach is gonna come in here and win consistently with Prescott, but Garrett's culpable in that to a level that he wasn't with the poor OLs. The poor OL you could lay on Jerry, and Garrett really pushed to fix that.

    For better or worse, this is the QB that Garrett named the starter. Even if one argued that Prescott was forced on Garrett (and I'm not arguing that), then it's simple proof that he can't work with Jerry to get adequate talent on the team and we need someone else to bend the owner's ear. This situation with Prescott is not fixable right now; if Garrett can't fix it either through coaching or forcing personnel change then there is no reason for him to be here.

    Much as I like Dak and root for him, after last night I don't think he's the answer. He missed some easy throws early on. It may be that Garrett, Linehan and Moore have ruined him. But it doesn't matter. He's clutching, pressing, looks ill at ease -- a reflection of Garrett's whole approach to the game.

  8. #957
    Teh Acester Texas Ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,809
    Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFuk View Post
    I hope Dak is saving the money he is making from all those endorsements he got after his rookie year.

    It's over.

    He's backup quality.
    I actually was thinking about that myself last night.

    He better enjoy that money because those sponsors jumped the gun and they won't be renewing their deals with him.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

  9. #958
    Teh Acester Texas Ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,809
    Quote Originally Posted by deadrise View Post
    Much as I like Dak and root for him, after last night I don't think he's the answer. He missed some easy throws early on. It may be that Garrett, Linehan and Moore have ruined him. But it doesn't matter. He's clutching, pressing, looks ill at ease -- a reflection of Garrett's whole approach to the game.
    Even if you believe that this coaching staff has rubbed off on him negatively, people need to remember that he wasn't this great passer in college either.

    This isn't some 1st round can't-miss prospect here. He had a 4th round grade for a reason.

    This is exactly why people need to pump the brakes with all of this "All Dak needs is a better coach" stuff.

    He's never been an exceptional passer and it's not likely that he ever will be.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

  10. #959
    Senior Member L.T. Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,970
    Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFuk View Post
    I hope Dak is saving the money he is making from all those endorsements he got after his rookie year.

    It's over.

    He's backup quality.
    Agree. Now I will go inside before lighting strikes.
    Since Day One

  11. The following user likes this post:


  12. #960
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    25,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ace View Post
    Even if you believe that this coaching staff has rubbed off on him negatively, people need to remember that he wasn't this great passer in college either.

    This isn't some 1st round can't-miss prospect here. He had a 4th round grade for a reason.

    This is exactly why people need to pump the brakes with all of this "All Dak needs is a better coach" stuff.

    He's never been an exceptional passer and it's not likely that he ever will be.
    If you watch what he is doing now compared to what he was doing his rookie year it's like night and day. They've turned him into a scared little shit. You can't play QB that way.

    But I could go on and on about how the coaching staffs play calling is fucked up too. We went back to the 1 second play clock bullshit. We ran almost no read option passes. We totally abandon shit that works. We make Dak hold the ball forever on slow developing plays when we can't pass block the guys in front of them. We don't have a receiver with any height and speed. We use our TE's like they are awesome when in reality they suck donkey dick. There is zero well designed quick passes. I could literally go on and on about how terrible the offensive coaching is. They have no clue how to get a QB in a passing rythm. Other QBs miss throws but they are allowed to keep throwing. We miss a throw and we tuck into a ball and hide.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •