Week 15 Gameday Chatter | Buccaneers vs Cowboys | 12/18/2016

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Do you guys think it's good that Elliott is averaging 5 YPC 14 games into the season?
Hell yeah, it's good. So far, no rookie wall. Bodes well going into the playoffs, especially with us having McFadden now to spell him.

Cotton

Staff member

:towel

Cotton

Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I swear some people are going to bitch no matter what. For years we bitched and bellyached about Romo taking too many risks and not being careful with the ball. We finally get a QB that does protect the ball and bitching ensues about him not taking enough risks. We are 12-2, for christ sake. Enjoy it. Jesus Christ.
Goes to show that in your blind loyalty, you're missing the entire point which is what you do when get overly committed to something and remain stubborn.

We all love how the guy has limited his mistakes and protected the football. You know at the very least that I have even if you disagree with Ravi.

But a big reason why he has protected the ball is because he's been a bit conservative and he's picked and chosen his spots. That worked last night and it's worked at other times, but I don't think that's gonna work in Janaury against the Seahawks or Giants, nor against a team like the Falcons or Packers who have the ability to hang 30 points on us.

Dak along with this coaching staff are going to need to be more aggressive, albeit calculated, and start showing teams things on film that keep them honest.

We can't just decide to open it up in the middle of a game where we're struggling or defenses will tee off on us, just like the Giants did last week.

Surely you can understand the logic in this, correct?

data

Forbes #1
Watching Zekes weekly highlights vs Kristie video

not sure which one brings to providence quicker.

Cotton

Staff member
Goes to show that in your blind loyalty, you're missing the entire point which is what you do when get overly committed to something and remain stubborn.

We all love how the guy has limited his mistakes and protected the football. You know at the very least that I have even if you disagree with Ravi.

But a big reason why he has protected the ball is because he's been a bit conservative and he's picked and chosen his spots. That worked last night and it's worked at other times, but I don't think that's gonna work in Janaury against the Seahawks or Giants, nor against a team like the Falcons or Packers who have the ability to hang 30 points on us.

Dak along with this coaching staff are going to need to be more aggressive, albeit calculated, and start showing teams things on film that keep them honest.

We can't just decide to open it up in the middle of a game where we're struggling or defenses will tee off on us, just like the Giants did last week.

I understand the logic. I just don't agree with it. We already beat the Packers, in their house using this exact method. And, our defense is playing even better now than they were then.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I understand the logic. I just don't agree with it. We already beat the Packers, in their house using this exact method. And, our defense is playing even better now than they were then.
That Packers team was playing nothing like the one that is on fire now, but I'm more concerned about facing another good defense in the playoffs like Seattle.

It's that type of game where settling for short stuff and being conservative is going to result in a loss.

Carp

DCC 4Life

This is silly. You don't know how to handle the Cowboys success, so you look for things to bring you back into the comfort zone of a tensed up butthole. Jesus Christ...this is as fun of a team as we have had since the 90s. Yet, let's find a way to not enjoy it.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

We are going to have to find a balance between protecting the ball and sustaining drives turning them into TD's. I don't think we need to take multiple deep shots down the field, but maybe something more than the half dozen screen passes that net 1-2 yards would be nice. I'd like more medium range slant passes, or at least have receivers run routes beyond the sticks on 3rd down instead of the constant 3 yard passes on 3rd and 8.

Carp

DCC 4Life
That Packers team was playing nothing like the one that is on fire now, but I'm more concerned about facing another good defense in the playoffs like Seattle.

It's that type of game where settling for short stuff and being conservative is going to result in a loss.
The Packers are on fire, yet they were taken to the end by a Bears team led by their 3rd string QB. I guess your definition of on fire is different than mine.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Packers are on fire, yet they were taken to the end by a Bears team led by their 3rd string QB. I guess your definition of on fire is different than mine.
Division rival looking to spoil their season.

We all know how those games go.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
We are going to have to find a balance between protecting the ball and sustaining drives turning them into TD's. I don't think we need to take multiple deep shots down the field, but maybe something more than the half dozen screen passes that net 1-2 yards would be nice. I'd like more medium range slant passes, or at least have receivers run routes beyond the sticks on 3rd down instead of the constant 3 yard passes on 3rd and 8.
Yea, it's not so much deep balls as much as it is taking more intermediate shots.

We need defenses to respect our ability to hit those 12-18 yard passes with more consistency.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
This is silly. You don't know how to handle the Cowboys success, so you look for things to bring you back into the comfort zone of a tensed up butthole. Jesus Christ...this is as fun of a team as we have had since the 90s. Yet, let's find a way to not enjoy it.
Not true at all.

I've enjoyed this season and have been positive all year long, but if you can't see how our conservative passing game could hurt us in the playoffs, then I don't know what else to tell you.

Or you just think the Vikes and Giants games were just bad luck?

townsend

Banned

You Know which team was really on fire? The Bucs.

dallen

Senior Tech
I was quite happy that it was our defense that carried us to this win. Hell, Irving was as dominant as I have seen a defensive player play for us in a long time. I should caveat that by saying that Lee has produced over and over this year, so maybe I am used to that, but Irving was dominant.

The offense was excellent as well. A couple of bad penalties really derailed us at times.

The double reverse to Whitehead sucked big ass dicks. We got a little full of ourselves there and just executed horribly. It would have been nice to make a big play out of that end around, but I think it is more demoralizing to a team when you line up, they know you are going to run, and you do it anyways. Whitehead fucked up last week and missed a meeting, but clearly we were trying to get him involved. I would have rather just let that happen organically instead of forcing it to him.

When we signed Frederick to that big deal I did not think he was the best center in the NFL. Wrong...he is the clearly the best in my mind. Watching him and Martin push the DT back into the LB...spank worthy.

Dak was excellent last night. All the chirping and whatnot was dumb to begin with. He was confident in the pocket...and I did not really mind the sacks he took. It happens.

The defense is fun to watch...they hustle, hit hard, and are pretty sure tacklers.
I probably reacted a little harshly to Dak getting sacked. I would like to see anticipate the pressure a little sooner and be ready to run or throw the ball away, but I think that will come with experience. Even if not he isn't terrible at it. Romo (pre-crippled old man Romo anyway) has us all a little spoiled

dallen

Senior Tech
I still hate the playcalling in this game, but outside of Whitehead and maybe Carr it is hard to come down too harshly on any of the players. They are playing well and fun to watch

Carp

DCC 4Life
Not true at all.

I've enjoyed this season and have been positive all year long, but if you can't see how our conservative passing game could hurt us in the playoffs, then I don't know what else to tell you.

Or you just think the Vikes and Giants games were just bad luck?
We beat the Vikings and we lost our second game of the season. In the Vikings game...we squeaked by, but we won...then we lost our 2nd game of the year after 11 straight wins. Packers barely edge the Bears...they are on fire!

D

Deuce

I probably reacted a little harshly to Dak getting sacked. I would like to see anticipate the pressure a little sooner and be ready to run or throw the ball away, but I think that will come with experience. Even if not he isn't terrible at it. Romo (pre-crippled old man Romo anyway) has us all a little spoiled
I could understand being a little on edge last night. This team had something to prove and you were getting dropped in the fantasy league.

Bring it, booze.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
From Giants forum:

Where did that David Irving dude come from? I could totally see him wrecking Ereck Flowers and ruining the whole game plan smh

Irving was a stud last night. Not sure why he hasn't been playing more. But if having him come in during the 2nd half and having him wreak havoc in the 4th then I'll take it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I understand that, but he stands in the pocket so sure of himself...and his line, it is just something you rarely see in a rookie QB. When I watch Goff and Wentz, they are off balance and just unsure of themselves in the pocket. Of course our line is great, but the point remains that it is very unique that a rookie QB just looks so comfortable.

Top Bottom