QB Controversy Thread...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Dak was fantastic against TB but it doesn't change anything. The best QB on the roster isn't playing.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I think what it all boils down to is this... Zeke is the straw that stirs this drink. We go, how he goes. If we can keep him going, Dak will be just fine and we can win with him. If Zeke is shut down and we have to rely on pushing the ball with the pass, can Dak do that? Right now, I don't think he can. But Romo can.

I'm perfectly fine with how things are going right now. But if we run into a situation during the playoffs where our running game is shut down, I hope our coaching staff has the balls to go to the bullpen and bring in the guy that can win it for us without the benefit of a strong running game.

Give Dak another year or two of experience, and I think he'd be fully capable of putting the team on his back and carrying them. But right now, I'd trust Romo more if that situation were to arise.

But either way, how lucky are we to be having this 'problem'? Most teams don't have one QB. Here we are, going back and forth over which of our QBs should be starting, and both sides have a legitimate argument.

townsend

Banned
Dak was fantastic against TB but it doesn't change anything. The best QB on the roster isn't playing.
And this is based on what, 2014? Peyton Manning was still playing at an elite level in 2014. There's no compelling reason to believe a thrice broken Romo would be anywhere close to performing at that level. Other than blind devotion.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And this is based on what, 2014? Peyton Manning was still playing at an elite level in 2014. There's no compelling reason to believe a thrice broken Romo would be anywhere close to performing at that level. Other than blind devotion.
It's nostalgia.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I think what it all boils down to is this... Zeke is the straw that stirs this drink. We go, how he goes. If we can keep him going, Dak will be just fine and we can win with him. If Zeke is shut down and we have to rely on pushing the ball with the pass, can Dak do that? Right now, I don't think he can. But Romo can.

I'm perfectly fine with how things are going right now. But if we run into a situation during the playoffs where our running game is shut down, I hope our coaching staff has the balls to go to the bullpen and bring in the guy that can win it for us without the benefit of a strong running game.

Give Dak another year or two of experience, and I think he'd be fully capable of putting the team on his back and carrying them. But right now, I'd trust Romo more if that situation were to arise.
McFadden should also be a huge shot in the arm.

But we can't win it all going conservative with 13 to 15 play drives. No one can, not sustained. Hell, the 90's Cowboys couldn't. They would start like that, then explode for 25-35 yard gains.

We aren't that offense. This coaching staff would never have the guts to go with Romo short of a Dak injury, which would be awful.

I think we're screwing ourselves out of a chance at winning it all. The future looks set, though.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It's nostalgia.
It's an unknown, but the guy is a great passer. One thing for sure, Dak doesn't have explosive plays in him at this point.

We're going to have to tough it out.

Carp

DCC 4Life
It's an unknown, but the guy is a great passer. One thing for sure, Dak doesn't have explosive plays in him at this point.

You know who else did not have explosive plays? Troy Aikman. He did what the coached asked and Dak does to a degree as well. Your point on lacking explosive plays is off base. I guess you need a big shiny long pass to convince yourself that Dak is lacking in big plays. If we just look at yards per attempt I think that would be a pretty fair way to judge "explosive plays". Dak ranks 4th in the NFL behind Brady, Ryan, and Cousins. Dak does not really need to have explosive plays because he picks up big yardage chunks already.

Dak ranks ahead of explosive play guys like Brees, Rodgers, Rothliesberger, Wilson, Luck, Stafford.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

townsend

Banned

What the fuck are you talking about?

Dak's had several huge passes as recently as two weeks ago in Minnesota. Had a huge pass to Butler in Baltimore, the threaded the needle to get to Beasley in the end zone of that same drive

He had an amazing pass last night on one foot to Brice Butler, but also broke a 19 yard run on the same drive.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
There was a deep route to Beasley (against the Ravens, I think) that Dak put on a frozen rope. He absolutely is capable of going downfield. He protects the ball very carefully when he is throwing it, and I have no problem with that as long as drives keep ending in points.

townsend

Banned
There was a deep route to Beasley (against the Ravens, I think) that Dak put on a frozen rope. He absolutely is capable of going downfield. He protects the ball very carefully when he is throwing it, and I have no problem with that as long as drives keep ending in points.
Dak's criticism has to change from week to week. Sure he doesn't throw any interceptions but he hasn't thrown many TDs, okay sure he threw for several TDs but now he doesn't have enough yards per game, but why isn't he forcing it to Dez, but why IS he forcing it to Dez! Romo's better because that's the jersey I have in my closet.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Dak's criticism has to change from week to week. Sure he doesn't throw any interceptions but he hasn't thrown many TDs, okay sure he threw for several TDs but now he doesn't have enough yards per game, but why isn't he forcing it to Dez, but why IS he forcing it to Dez! Romo's better because that's the jersey I have in my closet.
That pretty much sums it up.

Genghis Khan

It's based on my eyes and a brain in my head.

Genghis Khan

Not from me it doesn't.

townsend

Banned
It's based on my eyes and a brain in my head.
What've your eyes seen that makes you think Romo's physical abilities haven't wained since he had three broken bones? His perfect technique on the sidelines?

If your brain is drawing pictures of Romo playing like he did against the Redskins two Decembers ago without taking into account all of the mediocre play, and inevitable physical decline he's had, that's a fantasy and is just as applicable as believing Romo can shoot laser beams from his fists.

Top Bottom