The comeback trail: 2019 and beyond...

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Her name is Vicky Nix and we just found out today. So if any of you heathens want to send any thoughts her way, she would appreciate it and every little bit helps. It will be hard to beat at 65.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That really sucks, man. I can't begin to imagine what that must be like. I will keep you both in my thoughts.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I am really sorry about you News. I will remember Vicky and you in my prayers but if that is offensive to you then I just won’t tell you about my plans.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Sorry to hear that, will keep yall in our prayers

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Damn bro, been through it, let me know if I can help in anyway. I try to fight the urge to give unwanted advice, so please do reach out if you are interested in hearing any part of our story. In the mean time I'll be praying for you guys.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Thank you guys, I took her for blood work today and she has a biopsy scheduled on Thursday. The doctor doesn't know what stage it is, the pending tests should tell us more. She's been going downhill for a couple of weeks now but we didn't suspect anything like this because she has other health issues. Just very weak and very tired right now, can't even make it up six stairs to get into bed. One reason I haven't been posting as much.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I am really sorry about you News. I will remember Vicky and you in my prayers but if that is offensive to you then I just won’t tell you about my plans.
No offense at all, whatever may help. Thank you.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Damn bro, been through it, let me know if I can help in anyway. I try to fight the urge to give unwanted advice, so please do reach out if you are interested in hearing any part of our story. In the mean time I'll be praying for you guys.
My uncle had it years ago, the end result was not good. I thank you though.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Sorry to hear, hope you guys caught it soon enough, science has evolved a lot.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Cancer is the worst. Not to get political but it is unfathomable that we haven’t been able to make any legit progress in fighting this disease besides cutting it out or nuking it into submission with chemo and radiation.

Best of luck to you and your wife.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Prayers for you both. There are some great treatments available today. I will tell you a friend of mine got it at 47 and went to Europe and was treated with immunotherapy and he lasted almost 12 years.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I hate it that I can't just leave you thoughts and prayers because the idea has been cheapened recently.

You and I go a long way back, DLK and I will be thinking of you all.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Thank you to everyone, a lot of us here have known each other well over ten years on the interwebs on different DC sites and I appreciate it.

It won't be easy for her because she already has peripheral neuropathy, COPD and a host of other issues. She's mostly wheelchair bound and takes on average something like 12 medications and supplements twice a day.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Update: It's been almost two weeks and we still haven't heard anything about the fvcking biopsy results. Modern medicine my ass... :mad

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Update: It's been almost two weeks and we still haven't heard anything about the fvcking biopsy results. Modern medicine my ass... :mad
That's crazy. You are typically looking at 2-3 days for answers on that.

Top Bottom