User Tag List

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Football Life: Tony Romo

A Football Life: Tony Romo

Anyone watch that Tony Romo 'A Football Life'?

I've watched about 20 minutes so far. There is one scene where Jerry Jones is re-telling how he and Parcells tried to strong arm Romo into signing a "team friendly" contract back in 2006.

After the negotiations were done Jerry says that Parcells jumped up and grabbed him in excitement while gushing over Romo's coolness under pressure.

Somehow I don't think it went down like that. That doesn't seem like Parcells character at all. I think Jerry was just laying it on thick, as usual.

Airs again tonight at 10 EST or you can watch this:

I don't think I can stomach this right now considering how shitty our QB situation at moment.

I enjoyed it and frustrated at his situation as well.
    #Fire Garrett

Another somewhat interesting part was when he talked about overruling Garrett's play call in the 2011 OT game against the 49ers.

Garrett had called some kind of conservative comeback play, but Romo was like nah, screw that we're running Joker, a more aggressive play.

That's pretty much what a QB has to do in Garrett's scheme. He has to be able and willing to override the coaching's staff's conservative play calling.
    Last edited by 1bigfan13; 09-29-2018 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    Another somewhat interesting part was when he talked about overruling Garrett's play call in the 2011 OT game against the 49ers.

Garrett had called some kind of conservative comeback play, but Romo was like nah, screw that we're running Joker, a more aggressive play.

That's pretty much what a QB has to do in Garrett's scheme. He has to be able to and willing to override the coaching's staff's conservative play calling.
    Yep and Dak doesn't have the balls to do that.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Yep and Dak doesn't have the balls to do that.
    Why would a third year guy have the balls to be insubordinate to his head coach?
    Last edited by Iamtdg; 09-29-2018 at 06:01 PM.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

IIRC, Romo did it his rookie year in the preseason. They were on the goal line and Parcells called a play and Romo did a QB sneak instead. When questioned about the gutsy call after the game, Parcells said is was Romo adlibbing and said he had “moxie”.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post

That's pretty much what a QB has to do in Garrett's scheme. He has to be able and willing to override the coaching's staff's conservative play calling.
    I have a feeling he did a lot of that in 2014. Dak, on the other hand..... not so much.
    Did you lack those 3 Super Bowls?

Did you lack those 3 Super Bowls?

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    That shit is depressing.

The funny thing is, I was disappointed with that loss because that team actually had "IT".

That special something that no Cowboys team had since the 90's. I believe they were the best team in the NFC that year and maybe even the NFL.

Because of that, I was disappointed, but I actually took it well and felt fine not that long afterward. I guess since they didn't have another humiliating loss to end a season like they had so many times in the Romo era, I found it much much easier to accept.

But it's weird.....like a finality has set in over the last year or two that basically hits and says "Barring something unforeseen, that is the closest you will ever see the Cowboys to a Super Bowl for as long as the Jones family owns them".

That loss bothers me much much much more today than it did in January 2015 or even a year later. Because the reality hit me like a ton of bricks on just how close that team was and how I'm likely never to see them get that close again.

And now I know that I will never know what it's like to see them win anything again, and it makes me sad as shit.

2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

11. The following user likes this post: