Week 15 Gameday Chatter | Buccaneers vs Cowboys | 12/18/2016

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I didn't know Doug Free played for TB too
This guy is getting worse by the week.

If they activate Collins, I would hope they would give him some reps at RT in practice, and even better, let him play the full game vs Philly out wide if it turns out to be a meaningless game for us.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
To be fair, Collins beat his man pretty good there too and I think the reason he goes off balance is because his spin move beat his guy so bad that it throws him off-balance as well and Collins has nothing to support him so that's why he loses his footing. :lol
I know, it just looked funny. At first I though Irving was going to plow through Collins too on his way to the QB.

Rayman

Brand New Member
My hatred for the Steelers has faded considerably over the years. I certainly do not love them but the Eli led NYG have definitely become my second most hated team. Prior to that it was the McNabb led Eagles. It is almost always another division foe for me but the Redskins still occupy the top spot.
Yep. Exactly the way I feel and I would probably put the 49ers somewhere ahead of the Steelers even though they are currently irrelevant.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I'll tell you one thing I have noticed the last 2 weeks that I am happy about, and that is the significant increase in 4 man rushes.

We sent 4 after the Giants and 4 after the Bucs, and it just so happens that our pass rush has come alive in those games as well.

If they can keep this up, then we have no reason to see multiple 3 man lines like we've seen for the majority of this season.

If Irving is starting to come alive and Lawrence can play like he's capable, and Gregory actually gives us ANYTHING? Oh man......big things could be in store.
Hopefully Marinelli puts Irving and Lawrence at DE, lets Gregory play 10-12 snaps, and we get Claiborne back.

I like the sound of that D.

Irving was a fucking beast against TB.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
To be fair, Collins beat his man pretty good there too and I think the reason he goes off balance is because his spin move beat his guy so bad that it throws him off-balance as well and Collins has nothing to support him so that's why he loses his footing. :lol
It does sort of show you how a sack is set up by more then just the one guy who records the sack though. I mean Winston felt that pocket collapse around him in part because Collins beat his guy and was sitting in his lap. Sort of removes all possible escape routes for the QB so that Irving can get the sack on the play. Irving clearly had the most impressive pass rush but the other guys did their part on the play to make sure Winston had nowhere to go.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hopefully Marinelli puts Irving and Lawrence at DE, lets Gregory play 10-12 snaps, and we get Claiborne back.

McClain and Collins inside with Irving and Lawrence at DE actually looks pretty good. Then let Gregory come off the bench in certain pass rush situations to go out there and just get the QB. Basically take on the Mayowa role since it looks like he is hurting.

D

Deuce

I'd kick Irving inside on obvious passing downs like the Giants used to do with Tuck. 3rd and long with Gregory-Irving-Crawford-Lawrence going after the QB is about as good as we can do.

UncleMilti

Staff member
I'd kick Irving inside on obvious passing downs like the Giants used to do with Tuck. 3rd and long with Gregory-Irving-Crawford-Lawrence going after the QB is about as good as we can do.
McClain and Collins inside with Irving and Lawrence at DE actually looks pretty good. Then let Gregory come off the bench in certain pass rush situations to go out there and just get the QB. Basically take on the Mayowa role since it looks like he is hurting.
I had a big chubby when Irving knocked the shit outta Winston on that first sack of his.

I haven't seen that kind of brute power sack in a long time.

:towel

UncleMilti

Staff member
With Irvings length, he has tremendous leverage...and I really had no idea he was as quick as he is.

I hope it wasn't a one game anomaly though. :unsure

Our run D is solid...better than I thought it would be. Shore up the pass D a bit and I like our chances going into January.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'll tell you one thing I have noticed the last 2 weeks that I am happy about, and that is the significant increase in 4 man rushes.

We sent 4 after the Giants and 4 after the Bucs, and it just so happens that our pass rush has come alive in those games as well.

If they can keep this up, then we have no reason to see multiple 3 man lines like we've seen for the majority of this season.

If Irving is starting to come alive and Lawrence can play like he's capable, and Gregory actually gives us ANYTHING? Oh man......big things could be in store.
I think we have about 10 sacks in the past 3 games. It might be that getting more sacks justifies sending more players.

I might be wrong but it seems like we've been blitzing more also.

D

Deuce

I think we have about 10 sacks in the past 3 games. It might be that getting more sacks justifies sending more players.

I might be wrong but it seems like we've been blitzing more also.
I know we relied heavily on the Scandrick blitz, but I only noticed that once or twice last game.

I, for one, am ready to retire that play. He telegraphs it too easily and never makes it home.

Top Bottom