Laughable Beasley comment. Garrett is useless.

midswat

... soon
Reason 10 thousand kajillion why Garrett is a shit head coach. Dooley was here how long? Red is fine with his wide receiver coach not coaching?

I honestly feel bad for those of you who still have an emotional attachment to this team to the point where losses hurt. This tweet is just a small glimpse of how fundamentally bad things are in the cowboys organization.

The early 1990s were fun but honestly all said and done, Jerry buying the team will go down as the worst thing to ever happen to the franchise.

In the 1950s, the browns were a dynasty. Now they’re a dysfunctional perpetual joke.

Our early 1990s were the Browns 50s. You will never see another cowboys super bowl again. And child protective services should be called if you influence your children to be fans of this shit show.

midswat

... soon
Thank you. Please boommark. Consider taking a screenshot even.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
NoDick's chastizing aside, this was a pretty shitty comment in regards to Dooley.

It is kind of scary in a way that the best route runner has that to say.

We may have upgraded significantly with Lal. I can say just watching Dooley cowering before Dez Bryant's tantrums in All Or Nothing irritated me.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
It's an astounding indictment of Garrett. A WR coach who didn't teach WRs to run routes?

Dooley came from the same Saban-Miami-Garrett-Linehan family tree. Obviously Garrett is not secure enough with his own coaching street cred to go outside the comfort zone, and it shows.

Makes one wonder whether someone up the line decided to take those decisions away from Garrett.

I came across another article a few weeks ago detailing how predictable the play calling has been a) inside field goal range; b) less than two minutes to play; c) with certain personnel packages and formations. It made a def. coordinator's job so simple a cave man could do it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
At the end of All or Nothing Garrett held a meeting with the coaches. He told them that some of them won't be back.

And then Garrett told them that the criteria he was using to determine who should be there is whether they were communicating the same message as Garrett.

That's it.

It leaves you with the impression that Garrett doesn't prioritize things like a coach's ability to teach his position.

He just wants someone who doesn't roll his eyes when Garrett talks about stacking days.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I do not doubt that Dooley was just an average WR coach at best. However, I can recall legit debate as to whether the "Dez Bryant hasn't been taught to run routes correctly" argument is true or not.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
At the end of All or Nothing Garrett held a meeting with the coaches. He told them that some of them won't be back.

And then Garrett told them that the criteria he was using to determine who should be there is whether they were communicating the same message as Garrett.

That's it.

It leaves you with the impression that Garrett doesn't prioritize things like a coach's ability to teach his position.

He just wants someone who doesn't roll his eyes when Garrett talks about stacking days.
None of this is surprising, Dez visibily never became a better route runner and if anything his route running devolved over time. His success with Romo was at least 50% predicated on their chemistry on the back shoulders/jump balls, when that dried up with Prescott (along with a decline in general athleticism due to the injuries/age) he never really recovered.

As far as Garrett, I've always gotten the sense that he values guys toeing the line over legitimate coaching ability with how guys are seemingly jettisoned as soon as they start to challenge him a bit, like Callahan for example.

This organization has improved by leaps and bounds over the last 5-7 years as far as talent evaluation and drafting, the next step will be getting over this dog-like devotion to an average at best HC. Garrett has been part of the framework of keeping Jerry under control I'm quite sure but I assume there's enough infrastructure in place now in the scouting department and in the front office that Stephen/McClay can keep Jerry at bay without Garrett.

p1_

DCC 4Life
McClay seems to be the new favorite, with Richard and Lal not too far behind. Circling around Garrett.

deadrise

DCC 4Life

That's it.

"And then Garrett told them that the criteria he was using to determine who should be there is whether they were communicating the same message as Garrett."

Does the "same message" include standing in front of a group of grown men and berating them by using the work "fuck" over and over again, in all it's forms?

The players are sitting there pretending to be crestfallen and ashamed. But behind their somber masks they're saying, "OMG, what a fuckin' asshole."

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
None of this is surprising, Dez visibily never became a better route runner and if anything his route running devolved over time. His success with Romo was at least 50% predicated on their chemistry on the back shoulders/jump balls, when that dried up with Prescott (along with a decline in general athleticism due to the injuries/age) he never really recovered.

As far as Garrett, I've always gotten the sense that he values guys toeing the line over legitimate coaching ability with how guys are seemingly jettisoned as soon as they start to challenge him a bit, like Callahan for example.

This organization has improved by leaps and bounds over the last 5-7 years as far as talent evaluation and drafting, the next step will be getting over this dog-like devotion to an average at best HC. Garrett has been part of the framework of keeping Jerry under control I'm quite sure but I assume there's enough infrastructure in place now in the scouting department and in the front office that Stephen/McClay can keep Jerry at bay without Garrett.
Where do you figure he learned that?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The Jones ultimately empowered Romo and Dez to the point where they basically ran things.

Granted star players should have more sway and especially if they work hard and produced like Bryant and Romo did.

But they undermine the coaches and it becomes a part of the culture.

I think that’s why Garrett fought so hard to keep Romo benched in 2016 and strongly backed dumping Dez in 2018.

He and his OC wanted to be the only voices coaching.

I get it, but it only works when you fucking win. Instead they squandered 2016 and fucked 2017 sideways.

Here’s to hoping this becomes Michael Gallup’s team, because the kid’s really our best hope.

Top Bottom