Wildcard Weekend Chatter Thread - 1/7/17 - 1/8/17

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
This marks the second time that Rodgers has made a boneheaded decision to take the Packers out of FG range.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Harris remains a both a very good coverage ST player, and a very dumb one as a return man.

I don't know what happened to him after 2013, but he has been a very poor return guy after being such a good one to start his career.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He's playing a real defense facing great coverage and steady pressure.
He's played 'real' defenses many times before and has played fine. He's a damn good QB. Just playing like a dipshit so far today.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Real talk. If Dak has the offense sputtering like this for the entire 1st half I go to the bullpen and tell Romo the game is his in the second half.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Let's see how Rodgers screws them out of a scoring opportunity this time around.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Best throw Rodgers has made all day.

1bigfan13

Staff member
About damn time. Now do it again. :towel

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't consider that a great play, I consider that to be an extremely lucky outcome for Rodgers.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Rogers could take that routine to dancing with the stars.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Rodgers is fearless!

I bet Buck came in his khakis saying that.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Pressure makes fools of the best QB's.
That's the point. He hasn't been getting immediate pressure as much as the stats would show. As has been pointed out by a few here, he's been holding the ball far too long and taking sacks. And he did the same with the intentional grounding. It wasn't the 'real defense' that forced those. It was him trying to do too much and being an idiot.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Rodgers is off the reservation. He is doing what he does.

If it works, all is fine. For a lot of this game, it hasn't.

That has to be a deal in the film room each week.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Real talk. If Dak has the offense sputtering like this for the entire 1st half I go to the bullpen and tell Romo the game is his in the second half.
I don't, Dak has proven time and time again that he will find a way to win. I won't abandon that because of a slow start. I guess if we fall behind by 3 TDs or something it becomes a thought but otherwise absolutely not.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I don't consider that a great play, I consider that to be an extremely lucky outcome for Rodgers.
I said the same thing. It was kind of a reckless play that happened to work out.

Felt like he was close to being sacked about 3 different times on that play. Looked like one of the pass rushers had a shot to strip sack him from behind too.

Top Bottom