Anthony Bourdain dead at 61

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
An Asian hanging his hung

Okay I’ll give them this. They may have a strong dong but the grey matter may be in question after seeing this. After seeing how they use weights,it gives new meaning to hung. I dub him with a new name. Sir One Hung Lo.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Am I doing it right?
This is outright trolling. This is your one warning. Do not bring political bullshit into random threads again.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Shows that the cosmopolitan lifestyle is an empty, shallow one. Look at the fashion designer who offed herself this week too. Modern vapid culture is literally a death trap.
Suicide as a result of depression affects every socioeconomic category, making an association between "cosompolitan" lifestyle, whatever that is, and implying that it's a major cause of suicide is ridiculous.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Suicide as a result of depression affects every socioeconomic category, making an association between "cosompolitan" lifestyle, whatever that is, and implying that it's a major cause of suicide is ridiculous.
Suicide is disproportionately high for white males.

shane

DCC 4Life
Suicide is disproportionately high for white males.
Opioid crisis too. And the rise in suicide rate (something like 30% over two decades) has to do with the cultural rot. Lots of broken people everywhere, and I don't see it getting any better.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Opioid crisis too. And the rise in suicide rate (something like 30% over two decades) has to do with the cultural rot. Lots of broken people everywhere, and I don't see it getting any better.
yep

Too many stimulus inputs, more commonly disconnected from real relationships, anti-depressants, drug abuse, addictions of all sorts,, nobody lives in the here and now, too many townsends in the world...

Sadly depression is very much rampant in our society. Humans were designed to live in reality in a world you can touch and smell, among many other problems. There is no perfect society but imo a traditional life where coping skills can be taught, people sit around the table to eat and have real conversations could go a long way.

Top Bottom