Dak Prescott DOESN'T need a WR1

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Well, considering Tom Brady is considered the GOAT by most, I would say it's doubtful. It's also doubtful that any other QB is going to 'be' Tom Brady, either.

But, can a QB who is less than the GOAT still do well in a scheme that features creative ways of getting WRs open? The roster of WRs now seems to give Garrett & Co. a lot of options.

But Garrett & Co. are unimaginative, predictable dullards. So probably not.

p1_

DCC 4Life
But, can a QB who is less than the GOAT still do well in a scheme that features creative ways of getting WRs open? The roster of WRs now seems to give Garrett & Co. a lot of options.

But Garrett & Co. are unimaginative, predictable dullards. So probably not.
Good thing is, we’ll know soon enough. Worked to perfection in 2016. Almost.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Is Dak ever going to be Tom Brady? Not with the sorry-ass excuse for a coaching staff that Jethro and Daddy have in place.
:lol

He'd be lucky if he ever approached Romo's abilities.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Why does he have to be Tom Brady or even Romo? You can win other ways and has been done even in the Super Bowl. I think you guys just need to give him some time. He wasn't even supposed to have been starting yet. He has a spectacular season and one that was up and down (but would have been judged better if he didn't have the year he had before). I will wait a couple before I start wishing for different results.

shane

DCC 4Life
I would already take Dak over Romo because he isn't ever going to piss away games in the clutch with retarded decisions.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I would already take Dak over Romo because he isn't ever going to piss away games in the clutch with retarded decisions.
He made plenty of very bad decisions last year but I agree that there is a maturity (some may call it conservative nature) to Prescott that Romo never really had until he was in the league for about 10 years. The flip side of that is that Prescott doesn't make as many high risk/high reward plays but I'm ok with that.

Often times teams will put too much on an elite talent at QB, neglect parts of the roster, and fail to build a fundamentally sound football team because the elite QB provides a crutch. Whether that's conscious or subconscious nobody knows but I think it's the reality often times.

I've also always believed that it's better to have a young QB who is cautious by nature and who will grow into learning when and where to pick his spots as he matures rather than a big-time risk taker who has to learn how to dial it back. The risk taker will always have that impulse to take risks in that split second moment, the more cautious personality who learns when to take shots will be more cerebral with their decision making.

That's how Brady developed honestly, probably Wilson also.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Hallelujah and Amen. Romo playing his backyard, sandlot, "I'm the hero" -- "watch me pull something out of my ass" improvisation. Sick of watching that shit blow up in his face.

shane

DCC 4Life
Hallelujah and Amen. Romo playing his backyard, sandlot, "I'm the hero" -- "watch me pull something out of my ass" improvisation. Sick of watching that shit blow up in his face.
Yeah, I can give Romo some benefit of the doubt because of the shit assed coaching he received after Parcells. Dak was the victim of shit assed coaching last year and he still didn't make retarded mistakes like Romo did. He definitely seems like a smarter QB than Romo but still needs work improving accuracy in particular on his deep ball.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah, I can give Romo some benefit of the doubt because of the shit assed coaching he received after Parcells. Dak was the victim of shit assed coaching last year and he still didn't make retarded mistakes like Romo did. He definitely seems like a smarter QB than Romo but still needs work improving accuracy in particular on his deep ball.
:laff:

townsend

Banned
Dak made some pretty bad mistakes last year, but I do agree that Dak’s about 3 years ahead of Romo from a maturity standpoint.

The saddest thing about Romo’s career wasn’t just the coaching but the 3 years Romo was getting killed behind a wet toilet paper oline.

If Romo hadn’t depended on a bunch of Phil Costas to keep him upright 2010-2013 doesn’t end with our team limping to the finish with Romo drugged so he can play hurt, or already on IR.

Romo would have easily lasted 5 more years, and been a lot more successful over the last 5, if this team hadn’t treated his health like a disposable commodity.

shane

DCC 4Life
Dak made some pretty bad mistakes last year, but I do agree that Dak’s about 3 years ahead of Romo from a maturity standpoint.
More than three years considering Romo had to ride the pine for so long before being close to ready for prime time.

And yes, Dak did make mistakes but they weren't the types of asinine horseshit Romo used to pull. I am definitely more comfortable with a guy of Dak's temperament in the clutch at QB position than Romo (even though Dak lacks Romo's explosive playmaking ability at the present stage of his career).

Top Bottom