Fantasy Football: Questions/Discussion

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
So....

Andrew Luck vs Houston

or

Kirk Cousins vs Philly?

Cousins has been killing it lately, but he is due an off game. Seems like a coin flip. Thoughts?
Ok.... My take on it is..... As an owner of Luck he can either be OK or pretty good. He just had a real good game so maybe he doesn't do so well this week. According to the NFL fantasy league Houston does well in pass defense. I was going to say that a drawback for Cousins is that it's a divisional game but they both are.

Yeah... Coinflip.

a lot of help I am....

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Ok.... My take on it is..... As an owner of Luck he can either be OK or pretty good. He just had a real good game so maybe he doesn't do so well this week. According to the NFL fantasy league Houston does well in pass defense. I was going to say that a drawback for Cousins is that it's a divisional game but they both are.

Yeah... Coinflip.

a lot of help I am....
Yeah, I'm not sure there is enough separating the two to pull Luck for Cousins and risk a bad game versus a division rival. I think I will leave Luck in.

dallen

Senior Tech
I'm running some deep calculations for you. I will let you know the results on Tuesday

Rev

Staff member
I don't even know if I should bother since both my RBs were either carted off the field or left the game early last week (Gordon and Forte) but it's my first game of the playoffs so guess I need to try.

My question is on my WRs.

Starting Dez, Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, and Sammy Watkins.

Do you leave those in or put in Alshon Jeffrey in first game back but with a favorable matchup? Also have Malcolm Mitchell, Allen Robinson, and Kelvin Benjamin.

Go.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't even know if I should bother since both my RBs were either carted off the field or left the game early last week (Gordon and Forte) but it's my first game of the playoffs so guess I need to try.

My question is on my WRs.

Starting Dez, Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, and Sammy Watkins.

Do you leave those in or put in Alshon Jeffrey in first game back but with a favorable matchup? Also have Malcolm Mitchell, Allen Robinson, and Kelvin Benjamin.

Go.
I think Dez is due a huge game and Tampa is a good matchup but you don't know where this offense is a at right now.

Adams has been all over the place I have him.

Hill seems to be o a roll but you have to think teams will start keying on him but Reid is great at designing plays for specific players, I think I would go with him.

Fuck Benjamin he has killed me all year.:lol

Rev

Staff member
I think Dez is due a huge game and Tampa is a good matchup but you don't know where this offense is a at right now.

Adams has been all over the place I have him.

Hill seems to be o a roll but you have to think teams will start keying on him but Reid is great at designing plays for specific players, I think I would go with him.

Fuck Benjamin he has killed me all year.:lol
Yeah. I waited for both Benjamin and Robinson to turn it around for awhile. Eventually replaced them when I could. Robinson and Mitchell dont have good matchup so basically trying to decide if I want to chance Jeffrey or not. Bears play the Packers and GB gives up the 4th most fantasy points to WRs so that is really enticing me to try.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah. I waited for both Benjamin and Robinson to turn it around for awhile. Eventually replaced them when I could. Robinson and Mitchell dont have good matchup so basically trying to decide if I want to chance Jeffrey or not. Bears play the Packers and GB gives up the 4th most fantasy points to WRs so that is really enticing me to try.
Packers defense has been playing better but I see the logic and I think Watkins is still dealing with a foot injury.

Bills are playing Cleveland, I think I would stick with Watkins if he is healthy.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
First round of the playoffs in my main league and I am in a shitty situation as I lost Melvin Gordon last week and Julio Jones seems unlikely to play and likely to be very limited if he does. Jordan Reed is also difficult to gauge since I don't know for sure how much he is going to play.

On top of all that, Andrew Luck has a horrid matchup @MIN and probably will be without Moncrief. I have been carrying Carson Palmer, who has a nice home matchup vs. NO, but he is not really to be trusted at all. Earlier in the week I picked up Tyrod Taylor because he is at home vs. CLE. Can't beat that matchup but I am struggling with the "Am I really going to start Tyrod Taylor over Andrew Luck?" question.

Thoughts? Starting to lean towards starting Taylor and hoping for the best. I just don't see much upside for Luck this week and Palmer's floor is lower than Taylor's, IMO.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
First round of the playoffs in my main league and I am in a shitty situation as I lost Melvin Gordon last week and Julio Jones seems unlikely to play and likely to be very limited if he does. Jordan Reed is also difficult to gauge since I don't know for sure how much he is going to play.

On top of all that, Andrew Luck has a horrid matchup @MIN and probably will be without Moncrief. I have been carrying Carson Palmer, who has a nice home matchup vs. NO, but he is not really to be trusted at all. Earlier in the week I picked up Tyrod Taylor because he is at home vs. CLE. Can't beat that matchup but I am struggling with the "Am I really going to start Tyrod Taylor over Andrew Luck?" question.

Thoughts? Starting to lean towards starting Taylor and hoping for the best. I just don't see much upside for Luck this week and Palmer's floor is lower than Taylor's, IMO.
Yeah, that's a tough one. I think I would do what you suggest and roll the dice with Taylor.

Rev

Staff member

Our team sounds a lot a like. I have Luck, Reed, and Gordon. I also have Forte as well.

I also have Jimmy Graham so didn't bother with Reed decision. Its going to bite me in the butt most likely. I'm leaving Luck in despite the matchup. I picked up Farrow to cover Gordon's spot. Don't know if he's available in your league but may be worth a look.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Our team sounds a lot a like. I have Luck, Reed, and Gordon. I also have Forte as well.

I also have Jimmy Graham so didn't bother with Reed decision. Its going to bite me in the butt most likely. I'm leaving Luck in despite the matchup. I picked up Farrow to cover Gordon's spot. Don't know if he's available in your league but may be worth a look.
I did pick up Farrow and am starting him. I think I may end up starting Tyrod Taylor though. Not a move I feel great about by any means but with all the injuries I have (Julio was just ruled out) I feel like I have to take some risk for upside.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I just want to say fuck the Minnesota Vikings defense.

I just saw that I lost to Booze in the playoffs by something like .80 points all because the Vikings mailed it in.

All they had to do was just show up and at least give half effort vs a very average Colts team but they couldn't even do that.

Sorry ass son of a bitches.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Deuce is going to beat my ass because I wasn't paying attention this week.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What would you have done different?

Obviously taking out Cobb for Julio, but he's done little so far. Anything else?
I wasn't making excuses, asshole.

I didn't pay attention to the fact that your team pretty much mirrored mine score for score with key players.

Brady, Rodgers, Nelson all played off each other.

But all in all, you should be ashamed you were 8-6 with your talent going in.

I credit that to a Jason Garrett level coach, where I Belichicked a shitty bunch to the championship round.

D

Deuce

I wasn't making excuses, asshole.
:lol

It wasn't sarcasm. I am legitimately asking.

But as for my team, you have to remember that I had to overcome a Brady suspension. Keeping my guys engaged without their leader is a tall task.

Top Bottom