2016 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deuce

Yeah I looked it and did a double take because I thought that was where Kiffin was going.:lol

These low level Florida schools are pulling some big names.
They reap the reward of having quality coaches with baggage that nobody else wants to deal with. They assume/hope it's short term as it means the coach won and moved on, but it's still exciting for them.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I know that Charlie Strong didn't do well at UT but I think USF is an excellent landing spot for him. He took too long to adjust to the Big 12 style with a pro offense and no idea how to defens the offenses but he's a good coach. The conference he is going to is much more diverse in terms of offenses. He should succeed there.

dallen

Senior Tech
I know that Charlie Strong didn't do well at UT but I think USF is an excellent landing spot for him. He took too long to adjust to the Big 12 style with a pro offense and no idea how to defens the offenses but he's a good coach. The conference he is going to is much more diverse in terms of offenses. He should succeed there.
I agree

D

Deuce

Depends what he tries to do. The team he's coming in to is probably the most talented team in the conference, and they have the easiest schedule I've ever seen for next season. So there's no doubt that he should possibly run the table and his first year. But, if he tries to instill a prostyle offense with the talent he currently has he's going to struggle. His quarterback doesn't have the ability to swing around like a regular quarterback or even really a game manager. He's very much aid athlete that just gets the job done with his feet and running the read-option while throwing mostly screens.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah I looked it and did a double take because I thought that was where Kiffin was going.:lol

These low level Florida schools are pulling some big names.
I bet Kiffin is looking to get involved in-state and try to get in with one of the bigger Florida schools. That is a backdoor way of doing it, but if he shows he can recruit with the heavy hitters in state, then he has a real future if a job at Florida, FSU or Miami comes open.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My question is what happened with P.J. Fleck?

I thought he was the next big thing?

D

Deuce

My question is what happened with P.J. Fleck?

I thought he was the next big thing?
Oregon sniffed around and then WMU stepped up with a big extension. I read that day he is supposedly waiting to see if he can land Notre dame in a year or two.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I wonder how many Bama fans legitimately got pissed about this skit.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

D

Deuce

Looking froward to the discussion here between the OU fans. I feel like 1bigfan fan will take te common approach and ask for Stoops and possibly others to be removed while LT will go with the everybody deserves a 2nd chance approach.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I don't know the details of what sort of guy this dude is but he did serve a one year suspension. If he really cleaned his act up then I don't really don't know how I feel. Is stoops trying to help the kid or is stoops trying to win? We will never know the motive. Part of me says you gotta cut the kid and move on. Let him land somewhere else.
D

D

Deuce

I don't know the details of what sort of guy this dude is but he did serve a one year suspension. If he really cleaned his act up then I don't really don't know how I feel. Is stoops trying to help the kid or is stoops trying to win? We will never know the motive. Part of me says you gotta cut the kid and move on. Let him land somewhere else.
D
Did he serve as the suspension or was he redshirted? That's what I read the other day. While it could be viewed as such, stoops obviously had it in his mind that he was still going to reap all the possible benefits from the player.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Looking froward to the discussion here between the OU fans. I feel like 1bigfan fan will take te common approach and ask for Stoops and possibly others to be removed while LT will go with the everybody deserves a 2nd chance approach.
You may have gotten a comment from me if you had not made a prediction of what I would say.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Did he serve as the suspension or was he redshirted? That's what I read the other day. While it could be viewed as such, stoops obviously had it in his mind that he was still going to reap all the possible benefits from the player.

According to stoops he was suspended for a year and then required a strict protocol for a year and things he still has to follow. What was Stoops motive? I don't know, it is hard to know. I don't think he is a dirty coach but might push the limits to win. I can tell you from my limited experience when I coached a lot of inner city kids I got
Very attached to them and the team was really their safest place to be. At one time a had a big part of my team troubled kids that had been in trouble. So I can understand being for a kid that makes terrible mistakes.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Let's take Dakota Allen for example. The talented LB for Tech royally screwed the pooch at Tech and made a terrible decision. He got kicked off of the team and had to go play at Last Chance U this past year. He wrote a letter to the AD, Kliff and his team. He asked to come back to finish what he started. Does Tech need some semblance of talent on the team? Yes and second chances are crucial in life. I know I've had second and third chances. I hope it works for all involved. I want to hate the RB from OU because they generally suck and Stoops is a crybaby but I don't know about banning him from the team the team forever.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's difficult because part of says no matter what you never hit a girl. But the lawyer side of me watches that and see's that she struck him in the face first. If it was two guys there would be no problem at all. No one should hit another person in the face and not expect that they won't turn around and do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom