TV Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
At a lull right now with the shows on hiatus. Still have a little bit of Vikings. I got stupid and binged season 2 of Narcos. Now I wish I had saved it.
We are about to binge Narcos. Probably this weekend. But, yeah, we are kind of at a lull, as well. I think we will start on DareDevil.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We are about to binge Narcos. Probably this weekend. But, yeah, we are kind of at a lull, as well. I think we will start on DareDevil.
It's just a bad time of year for TV. HBO won't have any new shows coming out until January. Walking Dead is now on their mid season hiatus.

It's like they don't think people watch or want to watch good television over the holidays. Even though people have more time then ever to watch TV during that period of time.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's just a bad time of year for TV. HBO won't have any new shows coming out until January. Walking Dead is now on their mid season hiatus.

It's like they don't think people watch or want to watch good television over the holidays. Even though people have more time then ever to watch TV during that period of time.
The production industry doesn't want to compete with all the special programming and sporting events that occur this time of the year. They withhold new programming until the special programming is over.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The production industry doesn't want to compete with all the special programming and sporting events that occur this time of the year. They withhold new programming until the special programming is over.
Unfortunately the special programming consists of running the movie Elf 16 times over and over again.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I may give Luke Cage another shot. It bored the shit out of me after two episodes.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Even still, I can't imagine that the season finale didn't provide you with at least a few things you didn't see coming. I thought the show was excellent. But like you, I'm not sure how many seasons it can go.
Nothing was surprising. Of course I dug into the Internet theories.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Rectify is rerunning all of their stuff on Sundance, this would be a great time to watch.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Nothing was surprising. Of course I dug into the Internet theories.
I have completely avoided all internet coverage of/reaction to the show and have watched the first 9 episodes within a period of 4 or 5 days. With no outside influence and given that I haven't spent too much time—outside of time spent watching it—thinking about what twists may be laying in the weeds, I will say that some things have been fairly easy to predict. There were some general ideas I knew were going to unfold but exactly who, when, why, etc., was less obvious to me.

Definitely looking forward to the finale and at that point I will start digging into the discussion/breakdowns.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Unfortunately the special programming consists of running the movie Elf 16 times over and over again.
Partially but would you deprive the kiddos their chance to see Rudolph for the 10th time? In a week or so post season football will dominate the tube.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Partially but would you deprive the kiddos their chance to see Rudolph for the 10th time? In a week or so post season football will dominate the tube.
In the living room, absolutely. They can watch that shit in their own rooms.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was surprised at the Arnold reveal, but that was it.
So committing suicide with an android didn't surprise you at all? Or that the whole escape situation was actually programmed into the host? Or that the maze was consciousness? Or that the man in the black hat was the same young guy we had been seeing the entire time? I feel like that show brings a shit ton of reveals at you all at once.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
In the living room, absolutely. They can watch that shit in their own rooms.
You are a monster. We have a rule we watch Christmas shit as a family. For example, we watched Krampus tonight before dinner.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Is Gremlins a Christmas movie? I say yes. My wife disagrees.

D

Deuce

So committing suicide with an android didn't surprise you at all? Or that the whole escape situation was actually programmed into the host? Or that the maze was consciousness? Or that the man in the black hat was the same young guy we had been seeing the entire time? I feel like that show brings a shit ton of reveals at you all at once.
William = man in black hat seemed obvious to me half way through.

The escape being programmed was cool to me, but didn't surprise me after we saw that their exact responses to certain questions were programmed as well. We saw that in like ep 3.

I would have been more surprised if she went through the escape rather than turn around. I figured the pull to save her daughter would bring her back.

Top Bottom