With Playoff Spot Secured Should Romo Play Now?

2233boys

Not So New Member
[MENTION=30]2233boys[/MENTION]...rather than quote the post....

It is not getting away from the run. If your star back gets 100 and you only score 7 points, something else is wrong. The QB takes blame, but so does the design and gameplans. Dallas got out coached by Minny and especially Spagnuolo again. If it happens in Tampa, who I think is playing over their heads defensively, it is officially a worry. That just means the same staff that struggled to get points with Weeden, Cassell etc is still weak and probably need Romo to bail them out on the field again.
Elliott had 8 carries the second half? 8 after Garrett says we are going to continue pounding the ball with the run the second half.

I thought Dak was crap in the game and so were the receivers, but we didn't commit to running the ball.

The one designed qb run was horrible timing and horribly executed.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So if Romo comes in and looks like hot garbage for 2 games? You wouldn't consider going back to the guy who won you 11 straight? What kind of logic is that?
I would consider that, and if he had looked worse, I'd go back to Dak. And I don't expect that it would disrupt chemistry that much if at all.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I would consider that, and if he had looked worse, I'd go back to Dak. And I don't expect that it would disrupt chemistry that much if at all.
It would rip it apart. We can't run the same offense with Prescott that we do with Romo. The read option goes away. The mobility goes away.

The OL that is having problems in pass pro now has to do even better.

I shouldn't have to tell you this.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Half the OL's pass pro problems are related to Dak over holding the ball.

And when was the last time we ran read option?

Jiggyfly

Banned

Twice against the Giants at least.

And just because he does not keep the ball does not mean its not a read option play.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Dak definitely had upwards of 4 seconds on many of the times he was pressured or sacked against New York, so I wouldn't put that on the OL at all.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dak definitely had upwards of 4 seconds on many of the times he was pressured or sacked against New York, so I wouldn't put that on the OL at all.
People weren't getting open. This is where Dak needed to improvise-- like he did on the TD to Witten vs. the Eagles.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
People weren't getting open. This is where Dak needed to improvise-- like he did on the TD to Witten vs. the Eagles.
His pocket presence was horrific, the 3rd and 11 from the Giants 32 at the end of the first half was the worst case of it. He had a clear lane to get out of the pocket and at least pick up a couple of yards, if not nearly get the first down to his right, but instead he kind of blindly moved to his left and ran right into a sack.

Since his pocket presence has generally been very good so far I have no explanation for why it was happening, just a bad game, the weather, who knows?

I think he psyched himself out due to the weather before the game even started. Dude was on the field in short sleeves then warming up on the sideline in a jacket? And I saw pictures from yesterday's outdoor practice in Dallas where it was 50+ out and the guy had on long sleeves.

Everything was off with him Sunday night.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dak looked like he was on his fifth cup of coffee during his pregame comments.

I chalk a lot of this up to rookie nerves in a hostile environment. Hopefully he can build his way back from it.

But there are worrying signs. Dak's been able to get through the season literally one play at a time, but this game we saw him try to be Romo and attempt to win it all on one play.

He's not that kind of QB and won't be for at least a few years. He needs to settle back into what was working for most of the season.

J

Jim Dandy

Heck no. He rides the line just like every other backup QB in the league.

J

Jim Dandy

Guys, is an avatar required here? If so, may I ask why?
I'm getting repeated requests to get one from a couple of you.
Thank you.

dallen

Senior Tech
Dak looked like he was on his fifth cup of coffee during his pregame comments.

I chalk a lot of this up to rookie nerves in a hostile environment. Hopefully he can build his way back from it.

But there are worrying signs. Dak's been able to get through the season literally one play at a time, but this game we saw him try to be Romo and attempt to win it all on one play.

He's not that kind of QB and won't be for at least a few years. He needs to settle back into what was working for most of the season.
He looked cold as hell. I think someone said he had never played in a game that cold before. I wonder how much that played into it. Might need to wear sleeves next time

dallen

Senior Tech
Guys, is an avatar required here? If so, may I ask why?
I'm getting repeated requests to get one from a couple of you.
Thank you.
I have provided you with a temporary avatar to save you from booze's wrath. Feel free to change it

Top Bottom