Week 14 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs Giants | 12/11/2016

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I thought this team pounded opponents into submission with the "elite" OL and running game?

When things get tough, this staff shits the bed and throws the ball all over the field with a rookie QB that has scared no one for about a month now.
They should be riding that running game.

I wish they'd run it 40 times when the QB is obviously off.

That OL wants to run, bring Morris in and pound the damn ball if you want to cut down Zeke's carries.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
They should be riding that running game.

I wish they'd run it 40 times when the QB is obviously off.

That OL wants to run, bring Morris in and pound the damn ball if you want to cut down Zeke's carries.
And play to our team's strength?

Pfft. Stop using common sense and get in that 5 wide formation with Dunbar in the slot.

2233boys

Not So New Member
And play to our team's strength?

Pfft. Stop using common sense and get in that 5 wide formation with Dunbar in the slot.
Dunbar can go straight to hell, with the coach and/or front office personal that want that waste of a roster space on the field.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
There is literally no reason that Dunbar should be on the roster, he is only average in pass protection and he telegraphs the fact that we are going to pass, not to mention every team knows we like running screens to him so that isn't even effective anymore.

He's too specialized of a player, if it was up to me he'd be gone as soon as McFadden is ready to go.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There is literally no reason that Dunbar should be on the roster, he is only average in pass protection and he telegraphs the fact that we are going to pass, not to mention every team knows we like running screens to him so that isn't even effective anymore.

He's too specialized of a player, if it was up to me he'd be gone as soon as McFadden is ready to go.
I forgot. What's wrong with McFadden? Did he have a leg transplant? Is it still the elbow thing? That should be pretty well resolved.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

Too specialized of a player for a player that is not special.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
With all the bitching about the offense and Dak and Dez, little has been mentioned about how well the defense played. We get our secondary back healthy again, and they just might help us in the playoffs.

townsend

Banned
With all the bitching about the offense and Dak and Dez, little has been mentioned about how well the defense played. We get our secondary back healthy again, and they just might help us in the playoffs.
Defenses don't exist, all that happened was our offense played bad, and the Giants offense played bad, there are no other variables to consider.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Defenses don't exist, all that happened was our offense played bad, and the Giants offense played bad, there are no other variables to consider.
Our receivers didn't get open and our pass blocking was not particularly good either. But part of that is because the Giants defenders playered great.

townsend

Banned
Our receivers didn't get open and our pass blocking was not particularly good either. But part of that is because the Giants defenders playered great.
That was my sneaky point. The dumb premise that Dak's struggles occurred in a vacuum, and wasn't a result of us getting completely outplayed by a talented Giants defense playing at home. This was a defensive battle that we got the worst of. Spagnuolo shut down the 07 Cowboys, and Patriots too.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
but we were helped out by Beckham's two drops (one that cost a TD and one that wiped out a first down inside the 10)

Cotton

Staff member
but we were helped out by Beckham's two drops (one that cost a TD and one that wiped out a first down inside the 10)
And, we were hurt by drops and turnovers. Our defense played great. It's a positive and it's okay to admit that.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
And, we were hurt by drops and turnovers. Our defense played great. It's a positive and it's okay to admit that.
meh. their LT is a turnstile, Pugh was still out and they have no running game. we didn't shut down Air Coryell.

Jiggyfly

Banned
What I'm about to say is a stretch but I definitely think the fact that he wore short sleeves shows that he was kinda in his own head last night. The guy was on the sideline warming up with a jacket on but is wearing short sleeves?

He's from the south, played basically all of his college games in the south and last night was his first true cold weather game, I don't think he was ready for it.
Actually the same thought was in my head I was wondering if the cold weather affected him, what was the Temp by the way?

Cotton

Staff member
meh. their LT is a turnstile, Pugh was still out and they have no running game. we didn't shut down Air Coryell.
Some people have gotten so entrenched in the negative that they just flat out can't enjoy the positive. It really is okay to enjoy what this team is and further what it can become.

Jiggyfly

Banned
This guy.:lol

And who exactly is Air Corryell this year?

Context my friend context, nobody is claiming this is an all time team or defense so why compare them to one?

Top Bottom