QB Controversy Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Dak can't take some blabber from crazy grandpa Jerry, he's a lot more weak willed than anyone thought.

The whole team's on his side including Romo, this is a guy who had ice water in his veins all year, I don't see him losing confidence.
Pretty much. I think the only thing that has shaken him so far this season has been snow on the ground.

And by the way, it's rare that I do this, but I applaud Garrett for basically ignoring Jerry and making this statement instead:

"You can make it as simple or complex as you want to make it," Garrett said. "It's pretty simple for us: Dak is going to play quarterback as we go forward."

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dak Prescott: 'It's the Dallas Cowboys, there's been noise since the time I've been drafted'

By Jon Machota , Staff Writer Contact Jon Machota on Twitter: @jonmachota

FRISCO -- Dak Prescott played the worst game of his rookie season Sunday night in a 10-7 loss to the New York Giants.

Although it was only the Cowboys' second loss in 13 games, there's been plenty of outsiders suggesting Tony Romo needs to get his starting job back.

Prescott says he didn't listen to the noise when he was being praised and he's not listening to it now.

"The noise didn't just start," Prescott said Wednesday. "It's the Dallas Cowboys, there's been noise since the time I've been drafted."

He added that there's no need for extra encouragement from team owner Jerry Jones, head coach Jason Garrett or any other person in the organization.

"Everybody in this locker room doesn't pay attention to [the outside noise]," Prescott said. "Y'all get paid to do that, we don't."

So what went wrong Sunday night?

"It just wasn't my best game," Prescott said. "I didn't play clean at all. It happens. I got to do a better job of just staying focused and working throughout the week and just putting one play behind me and just keep moving forward."

He added: "I think I just need to do a better job of communicating and putting everybody on the same page. It all falls on me when the offensive line and me and the receivers aren't on the same page. I think overall it's probably the easiest way I could sum it all up. And just making some throws. I definitely I got to do that."

And although some believe the Romo talk would cause Prescott to look over his shoulder, Prescott said that's not the case.

"What am I looking over my shoulder for?" Prescott said. "I really just don't pay attention to [the noise]."

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
"I got to do a better job of just staying focused and working throughout the week and just putting one play behind me and just keep moving forward."

Interesting.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
"I got to do a better job of just staying focused and working throughout the week and just putting one play behind me and just keep moving forward."

Interesting.

Hey, if my owner wasn't undermining my focus, maybe things would work out better. I am just a fucking rookie.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
"What am I looking over my shoulder for?" Prescott said. "I really just don't pay attention to [the noise]."

Middle finger to Jerry

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It is pretty funny how they have botched this.

The guy is a rookie, and playing well. Goes through a tough spot against some good defenses.

And because the organization is wishy washy and the owner is openly campaigning for Romo, we expect the kid to just drown it out?

We are so fucking stupid as an organization, we can't even handle an 11-1 fucking record.

Somehow, even in the midst of success, we find a way to be completely fucking dysfunctional.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You are kidding, right?

Google it.
I don't read the same thing into what Jones said as campaigning for Romo. I read it as a response to a question he got about it and dusted it off by saying you will know it when you see it. Maybe I just don't have nough perception.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't read the same thing into what Jones said as campaigning for Romo. I read it as a response to a question he got about it and dusted it off by saying you will know it when you see it. Maybe I just don't have nough perception.
I was talking about a week before he made that comment. Made it clear.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
It is pretty funny how they have botched this.

The guy is a rookie, and playing well. Goes through a tough spot against some good defenses.

And because the organization is wishy washy and the owner is openly campaigning for Romo, we expect the kid to just drown it out?

We are so fucking stupid as an organization, we can't even handle an 11-1 fucking record.

Somehow, even in the midst of success, we find a way to be completely fucking dysfunctional.
:lol

Exactly. Talk about cutting one of the kids balls off. The simple answer from Jerry the Carnival Barker should have been..."that question isn't even in my mind...Dak is the QB for this team". Simple, and it gives your ROOKIE QB a subtle "I've got your back". But Jerry just has to run his fucking mouth...he can't help it. From stories about holding up 4 fingers for a dying coach in 1950, to glory holes..the more he talks, the more he confirms what an idiot GM he is.

dallen

Senior Tech
:lol

Exactly. Talk about cutting one of the kids balls off. The simple answer from Jerry the Carnival Barker should have been..."that question isn't even in my mind...Dak is the QB for this team". Simple, and it gives your ROOKIE QB a subtle "I've got your back". But Jerry just has to run his fucking mouth...he can't help it. From stories about holding up 4 fingers for a dying coach in 1950, to glory holes..the more he talks, the more he confirms what an idiot GM he is.
QB controversies are good for attention

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
"I'm not sure that Tony [Romo], if it was left up to the owner, wouldn't be the starter now, just based on the comments that I've heard in the last couple weeks," Aikman said Thursday, via Dallas Morning News. "I'm just really dumbfounded by the comments, and not only the first time, but why they continue.

"I don't understand why you would talk."

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
"I'm not sure that Tony [Romo], if it was left up to the owner, wouldn't be the starter now, just based on the comments that I've heard in the last couple weeks," Aikman said Thursday, via Dallas Morning News. "I'm just really dumbfounded by the comments, and not only the first time, but why they continue.

One reason Troy is that he is the owner and he can say whatever he wants and you seem to think you have a legitimate right to censure him.

Jones is a big mouth and does a lot of stupid things but he has more of a legitimate right to spend his opinion than anyone else.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I see no drama here really. We are 11-2 and Dak is in no danger of being benched. Aikman is fueling the fire more than anything.

I don't think Jerry rambling about shit helps, but this is the norm.

dallen

Senior Tech

He doesn't understand because Aikman is assuming the most important things at Valley Ranch are wins and losses.

Carp

DCC 4Life
He doesn't understand because Aikman is assuming the most important things at Valley Ranch are wins and losses.
They are...a much bigger story would have been made of Romo replacing Dak as the starter. They stuck with Prescott, they have kept winning, so I am not tracking this line of thinking.

Top Bottom