Not So New Member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Clarence Thomas pwns noobs yet again.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
South Dakota GOP Lawmaker: Business Owners Shouldn’t Have to Serve Black People

South Dakota GOP Lawmaker: Business Owners Shouldn’t Have to Serve Black People

South Dakota State Rep. Michael Clark had a strong reaction to the Supreme Court’s ruling in the Masterpiece Cakeshop case: Not only did he celebrate the Court’s narrow ruling that a Colorado commission went was hostile to the baker’s faith, he said all business owners should have the right to discriminate, even if we’re talking about bakers refusing to sell cakes to black customers.

“He should have the opportunity to run his business the way he wants,” Clark wrote. “If he wants to turn away people of color, then that(‘s) his choice.”

In an interview with the Argus Leader, Clark said that business owners with strongly-held beliefs should be able to turn away customers.

“If it’s truly his strongly based belief, he should be able to turn them away,” Clark said. “People shouldn’t be able to use their minority status to bully a business.”

And if the community doesn’t support a store or restaurant that bars customers for that reason or others, it will put them out of business.

“The vote of the dollar is very strong,” he said.

And if the community doesn’t put them out of business? Then, Clark implied, racism is acceptable.

It didn’t take long for Clark to apologize for his comments, later saying to a newspaper, “I would never advocate discriminating against people based on their color or race.” (Even though that’s quite literally what he said.)

He issued another apology last night on Facebook:

He says, “Of course, I was wrong, all business should serve everyone, equally.” But does that mean he thinks the baker in Colorado should’ve made a cake for the same-sex couple? He doesn’t tell us.

And to add insult to bigotry, Clark had no GOP opposition in last night’s primary. He’ll have challengers in November, but this is South Dakota. A Republican in certain House races is all-but-assured victory.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
South Dakota State Rep. Michael Clark had a strong reaction to the Supreme Court’s ruling in the Masterpiece Cakeshop case: Not only did he celebrate the Court’s narrow ruling that a Colorado commission went was hostile to the baker’s faith, he said all business owners should have the right to discriminate, even if we’re talking about bakers refusing to sell cakes to black customers.

“He should have the opportunity to run his business the way he wants,” Clark wrote. “If he wants to turn away people of color, then that(‘s) his choice.”

In an interview with the Argus Leader, Clark said that business owners with strongly-held beliefs should be able to turn away customers.

“If it’s truly his strongly based belief, he should be able to turn them away,” Clark said. “People shouldn’t be able to use their minority status to bully a business.”

And if the community doesn’t support a store or restaurant that bars customers for that reason or others, it will put them out of business.

“The vote of the dollar is very strong,” he said.

And if the community doesn’t put them out of business? Then, Clark implied, racism is acceptable.

It didn’t take long for Clark to apologize for his comments, later saying to a newspaper, “I would never advocate discriminating against people based on their color or race.” (Even though that’s quite literally what he said.)

He issued another apology last night on Facebook:

He says, “Of course, I was wrong, all business should serve everyone, equally.” But does that mean he thinks the baker in Colorado should’ve made a cake for the same-sex couple? He doesn’t tell us.

And to add insult to bigotry, Clark had no GOP opposition in last night’s primary. He’ll have challengers in November, but this is South Dakota. A Republican in certain House races is all-but-assured victory.
I am a few beers in, so I think it's a good time to ask: are you one of those guys on Twitter replying to every tweet about Trump with a string of bad memes?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I am a few beers in, so I think it's a good time to ask: are you one of those guys on Twitter replying to every tweet about Trump with a string of bad memes?
Its what he does here so Im sure he does there as well.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I can’t read this without it being in a drunk voice in my head.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

No, that's not "quite literally what he said."

He's advocating for individual liberty, not for racism.

This is why we can't have real discourse anymore.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
No, that's not "quite literally what he said."

He's advocating for individual liberty, not for racism.

This is why we can't have real discourse anymore.
Clark wrote. “If he wants to turn away people of color, then that(‘s) his choice.”

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Tennessee hardware store puts up 'No Gays Allowed' sign

Tennessee hardware store puts up 'No Gays Allowed' sign

An East Tennessee hardware store owner decided to express his beliefs following the Supreme Court's ruling allowing same-sex marriage by putting up a sign that reads, "No Gays Allowed."

Jeff Amyx, who owns Amyx Hardware & Roofing Supplies in Grainger County, Tennessee., about an hour outside of Knoxville, added the "No Gays Allowed" sign on Monday, because gay and lesbian couples are against his religion.

Amyx, who is also a baptist minister, said he realized Monday morning that LGBT people are not afraid to stand for what they believe in. He said it showed him that Christian people should be brave enough to stand for what they believe in.

"They gladly stand for what they believe in, why can't I? They believe their way is right, I believe it's wrong. But yet I'm going to take more persecution than them because I'm standing for what I believe in," Amyx said.

On Tuesday, Amyx removed the "No Gays allowed" sign and replaced it with a sign that says: "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who would violate our rights of freedom of speech & freedom of religion."

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Clark wrote. “If he wants to turn away people of color, then that(‘s) his choice.”
He wasn't advocating that people do that. He was advocating for an individuals ability to choose who they do services for. Which is why he went on to talk about communities not supporting businesses who refuse to serve people based on race and them ultimately going out of business as a result.

I guess it's easiest to pick a few words and place them out of context though.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol

"No Whites Allowed"

Yeah that doesn't sound racist at all.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
He wasn't advocating that people do that. He was advocating for an individuals ability to choose who they do services for. Which is why he went on to talk about communities not supporting businesses who refuse to serve people based on race and them ultimately going out of business as a result.

I guess it's easiest to pick a few words and place them out of context though.
And like the article asked: And if the community doesn’t put them out of business?

What then?

What happens to the minorities that live in that community or ones just passing through? Tough shit? Personal liberty and all?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And like the article asked: And if the community doesn’t put them out of business?

What then?

What happens to the minorities that live in that community or ones just passing through? Tough shit? Personal liberty and all?
That won't happen. But I guess it's not different than a KKK rally being held in someones front yard. It's legal but those people are horrible human beings.

Same as the "no whites allowed" people.

Top Bottom