Not from The Onion: Three reasons why Jason Garrett is the best coach for the Dallas Cowboys

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Boy I’m so glad we can have another bitch about coaching thread.

Garrett has his obvious flaws but they are far from the only, or biggest, flaws of the organization. It’s become the crutch of lazy analysis around here.

“Garrett sucks! I hate him so much!”

“Well, I hate him more! F that guy!”

“I hate Garrett so much that I have post traumatic stress disorder after watching games! I’m the winner!”

Aren’t there OTA’s going on now?
You don't have to click on the thread.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
Boy I’m so glad we can have another bitch about coaching thread.

Garrett has his obvious flaws but they are far from the only, or biggest, flaws of the organization. It’s become the crutch of lazy analysis around here.

“Garrett sucks! I hate him so much!”

“Well, I hate him more! F that guy!”

“I hate Garrett so much that I have post traumatic stress disorder after watching games! I’m the winner!”

Aren’t there OTA’s going on now?
I don't think anyone believes Garrett is the only or biggest flaw in the organization. And even you don't vigorously defend him like you used to because it's impossible. There's nothing wrong with wanting his replacement asap. I understand your fear is we'll wind up with someone worse but sticking with mediocre year after year is just wasting the talent we have.

data

Forbes #1
I almost gave up my TV because cable was getting ridiculous. We found a good deal with Dish for a couple of years so I guess Dallas has a two year window to catch my attention. If not then we are probably done wit TV regardless and no I wont bother trying to find a game on the internet or go spend money at a bar to watch.
You could donate $20/year to the DCC and we’ll give you descriptive play-by-play with colorful analysis so vivid, you could almost feel the dropped pass go through your very hands.

Rev

Staff member
F Garrett.

Rev

Staff member
You could donate $20/year to the DCC and we’ll give you descriptive play-by-play with colorful analysis so vivid, you could almost feel the dropped pass go through your very hands.
If we all haven't given up in 2 years I might do that.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't think anyone believes Garrett is the only or biggest flaw in the organization. And even you don't vigorously defend him like you used to because it's impossible. There's nothing wrong with wanting his replacement asap. I understand your fear is we'll wind up with someone worse but sticking with mediocre year after year is just wasting the talent we have.
There’s nothing wrong with it other than, like I said, it’s just constant bitching. He’s here for now and frankly probably beyond this season too. Isn’t there anything else to talk about? It’s the middle of the offseason so maybe not, but when every thread devolves into the same old Garrett sucks refrains — literally it’s the same exact posters saying the same exact things over and over again — it’s like, uh, why not try to say something interesting? It’s like they just want to keep making it known and letting the record show that they hate Garrett the most.

townsend

Banned
In a way I feel bad for Garrett, I think he would be a much better coach if Jones hadn’t pushed him into OC and HC roles way before he was ready, and keeping him in the job when he was clearly not competent enough in the Xs & Os department to hold the job.

If a crazy billionaire ever hires me for a job I’m not qualified for, and lets me keep it for a decade while I rake in millions, I’d be putting stupid three word inspirational quotes on hoodies, and cussing like a 3rd grader too.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
There’s nothing wrong with it other than, like I said, it’s just constant bitching. He’s here for now and frankly probably beyond this season too. Isn’t there anything else to talk about? It’s the middle of the offseason so maybe not, but when every thread devolves into the same old Garrett sucks refrains — literally it’s the same exact posters saying the same exact things over and over again — it’s like, uh, why not try to say something interesting? It’s like they just want to keep making it known and letting the record show that they hate Garrett the most.
Ok fine, Parcells was overrated

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
Bitching can be cathartic. And in many cases I would agree with you about the complaining getting played out. But a thread about an article extolling Garret's virtues is probably the proper place to make your feelings known -- even if we've heard them before.

midswat

... soon
I almost gave up my TV because cable was getting ridiculous. We found a good deal with Dish for a couple of years so I guess Dallas has a two year window to catch my attention. If not then we are probably done wit TV regardless and no I wont bother trying to find a game on the internet or go spend money at a bar to watch.
Not that long ago, I used to get Directv sunday ticket, record every game, pause the tv whenever I got distracted so i wouldn't miss a single play, get pissed if I missed kick off because a 1pm game ran late, etc.

I've missed more games than Ive actually watched these past several seasons. Don't miss it one bit.

I hate Garrett and he's not going anywhere. I used to hold out hope that things would get better once Jerry died, but Stephen seems just as bad as him. Same with Charlotte. Their whole family is holding this team hostage and it will never be 'great' again.

The terrible head coach coupled with the asshole owner trying to convince me we were so close, all with a shit eating grin and a fuck you wink. Those together broke a fandom I thought I'd carry with me to my own grave. Now I couldn't give a shit less about this team and only post here because Iamtdg pays me out of the money you guys donate.

data

Forbes #1
Not that long ago, I used to get Directv sunday ticket, record every game, pause the tv whenever I got distracted so i wouldn't miss a single play, get pissed if I missed kick off because a 1pm game ran late, etc.

I've missed more games than Ive actually watched these past several seasons. Don't miss it one bit.

I hate Garrett and he's not going anywhere. I used to hold out hope that things would get better once Jerry died, but Stephen seems just as bad as him. Same with Charlotte. Their whole family is holding this team hostage and it will never be 'great' again.

The terrible head coach coupled with the asshole owner trying to convince me we were so close, all with a shit eating grin and a fuck you wink. Those together broke a fandom I thought I'd carry with me to my own grave. Now I couldn't give a shit less about this team and only post here because Iamtdg pays me out of the money you guys donate.
Go burn an American flag and drop your pants to moon the flag during the national anthem. This'll help your cause to get Jerruh to hire a real GM.

For those that get angry with you, it's cuz they love Jerruh.

Top Bottom