NAACP president lies about being profiled by police officer

midswat

... soon
It is not dead. It still exists. But this crap and falsehood is damaging the ability to accurately evaluate it and look for solutions. Just like the social justice #MeToo shit hurts real victims of rape and sexual assault. It is merely an excuse for fucktards and losers lean on when things don't go their way or they are looking for a quick way to get attention.

Some of this shit wants to pretend we live in the Jim Crow era and that is just an outright falsehood.
My comment was semi tongue in cheek. Racism still exists, and always will. It's human nature and it isn't exclusive to evil whitey. Some white people hate black people. Some black people hate white people. Some asian people are very racist towards other asian people. I used to have a friend who was a first generation American from Japan. He wasn't racist, but he would talk about how his parents hated chinese and korean people. According to him, that is a very common thing.

I will say though that I don't think racism exists nearly at the level in which the media and the widely accepted victim mentality tries to convince us that it does.

Are there shitty cops and shitty people in general out there? Absolutely. But I'd venture to say they are a small minority. We've come along way since 1860. Come a long way since 1960. America has an ugly history but time continues to pass and generally speaking, we as a country and a society are moving farther and farther away from that history. There are some, however, who have strong interests in fanning the flame of racism and keeping it alive - even if just perceived. Take the NAACP president, for example, as made clear by his actions.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
My comment was semi tongue in cheek. Racism still exists, and always will. It's human nature and it isn't exclusive to evil whitey. Some white people hate black people. Some black people hate white people. Some asian people are very racist towards other asian people. I used to have a friend who was a first generation American from Japan. He wasn't racist, but he would talk about how his parents hated chinese and korean people. According to him, that is a very common thing.

I will say though that I don't think racism exists nearly at the level in which the media and the widely accepted victim mentality tries to convince us that it does.

Are there shitty cops and shitty people in general out there? Absolutely. But I'd venture to say they are a small minority. We've come along way since 1860. Come a long way since 1960. America has an ugly history but time continues to pass and generally speaking, we as a country and a society are moving farther and farther away from that history. There are some, however, who have strong interests in fanning the flame of racism and keeping it alive - even if just perceived. Take the NAACP president, for example, as made clear by his actions.
As a people we are way less racist than the people of Spain.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Everyone is a little racist. Like at least about 16% or so by my estimation. I love Mexican people, but sometimes when I’m driving behind one and they’re going 40 in a 55, I’ll throw a little “fuckin wetback” at them as I pass them, but I always feel bad afterward.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
And I expect others to look at me in disgust because I’m a straight white male.

It’s just human nature.

midswat

... soon
Everyone is a little racist. Like at least about 16% or so by my estimation. I love Mexican people, but sometimes when I’m driving behind one and they’re going 40 in a 55, I’ll throw a little “fuckin wetback” at them as I pass them, but I always feel bad afterward.
The best friends I ever had was a group of guys I served with. Us whiteys, a Mexican (from McAllen - used to fly to Texas and stay with his wife and kids then he and I would road trip it to Texas Stadium for Cowboys games once a year before I was married, two black guys, a Japanese guy and a Puerto Rican kid who unfortunately died (not because he was our friend :unsure).

If you ever heard us talk to each other, a snowflake today would think we were all racist as fuck. The names and stereotypes- we used them all. Except the “n” word, of course. But we’d bust on them with the tired old no tipping jokes. All of it. Dished it out and took it.

All good.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
The best friends I ever had was a group of guys I served with. Us whiteys, a Mexican (from McAllen - used to fly to Texas and stay with his wife and kids then he and I would road trip it to Texas Stadium for Cowboys games once a year before I was married, two black guys, a Japanese guy and a Puerto Rican kid who unfortunately died (not because he was our friend :unsure).

If you ever heard us talk to each other, a snowflake today would think we were all racist as fuck. The names and stereotypes- we used them all. Except the “n” word, of course. But we’d bust on them with the tired old no tipping jokes. All of it. Dished it out and took it.

All good.
Sounds like a great group Mid. And that's actually part of the solution in my estimation. Political Correctness has gone way overboard and has turned into censorship. If you and your friends were heard in public, how do you think people would react? People are more concerned about the words that come out of someone's mouth or their speech than the actions of those people.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

This NAACP guy is despicable. The citizen who says the guy set back the cause is totally correct. When you call racism where it doesn't exist or sexual harassment or whatever, it has an extremely erosive effect. Whenever I think about black people getting abused by police it's hard not to think about Ferguson. Here was a case where a fucking guy robs and beats up a shop owner, then comes up to a police officer and punches him in the face. Then when the guy is shot dead, there's this huge riot and burning down half the town and it's a terrible case for this. That was a righteous kill yet somehow it's the fucking sentinel case. The Trayvon Martin case was a far better case if you want to claim racism (and that wasn't a police issue). Or the guy getting shot trying to retrieve an autistic kid with a truck. Or the guy shot in the back just trying to get away. Sandra Bland was bad but she didn't exactly shower herself in glory either. Learn to shut the fuck up and be respectful to police and you won't get arrested for minor traffic violations. All that being said, there is an issue and this shit hurts progress.

I do agree overt racism has really been tamped down on but you still see more subtle stuff. Like calling the police instead of asking someone why they are sleeping in a common room or that you shouldn't be bar-b-qing in a park. I remember watching a soccer game of my daughter's. My daughter's teammate, who is black, scored a goal but the ref called offsides which was a bad call. All the parents were griping at the ref, the coach was griping at the ref. The ref just ignored it. However, when the little black girl said "hey I wasn't offsides, sir" the ref immediately wheeled around and threatened to throw her out of the game. The little girl was shocked, my daughter was like "where did that come from." I see that a lot. People have a lot less patience with people who aren't in their tribe. "How dare this uppity black kid talk to me?" You see this attitude in a lot of the police videos where people go from zero to pissed off seemingly instantly. I think we all just need to do a better job giving people the benefit of the doubt.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
This NAACP guy is despicable. The citizen who says the guy set back the cause is totally correct. When you call racism where it doesn't exist or sexual harassment or whatever, it has an extremely erosive effect. Whenever I think about black people getting abused by police it's hard not to think about Ferguson. Here was a case where a fucking guy robs and beats up a shop owner, then comes up to a police officer and punches him in the face. Then when the guy is shot dead, there's this huge riot and burning down half the town and it's a terrible case for this. That was a righteous kill yet somehow it's the fucking sentinel case. The Trayvon Martin case was a far better case if you want to claim racism (and that wasn't a police issue). Or the guy getting shot trying to retrieve an autistic kid with a truck. Or the guy shot in the back just trying to get away. Sandra Bland was bad but she didn't exactly shower herself in glory either. Learn to shut the fuck up and be respectful to police and you won't get arrested for minor traffic violations. All that being said, there is an issue and this shit hurts progress.

I do agree overt racism has really been tamped down on but you still see more subtle stuff. Like calling the police instead of asking someone why they are sleeping in a common room or that you shouldn't be bar-b-qing in a park. I remember watching a soccer game of my daughter's. My daughter's teammate, who is black, scored a goal but the ref called offsides which was a bad call. All the parents were griping at the ref, the coach was griping at the ref. The ref just ignored it. However, when the little black girl said "hey I wasn't offsides, sir" the ref immediately wheeled around and threatened to throw her out of the game. The little girl was shocked, my daughter was like "where did that come from." I see that a lot. People have a lot less patience with people who aren't in their tribe. "How dare this uppity black kid talk to me?" You see this attitude in a lot of the police videos where people go from zero to pissed off seemingly instantly. I think we all just need to do a better job giving people the benefit of the doubt.

Top Bottom