Report: Randy Gregory failed drug test, faces lengthy ban

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
It doesn't matter what the substance is. A banned substance is a banned substance, especially as it pertains to a collective bargaining agreement. If the players wanted it removed, the NFLPA could fight for that. It didn't. So it doesn't matter what our opinions on the issue are because the players themselves obviously agree that it should be banned.
Exactly!

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I agree, but I'm making the separate point that it is a bit myopic for the league to take top talents off the field over something so trivial.
I completely agree that it's trivial, but it is what it is. There are rules and they need to be followed if players want to remain in the NFL's employ.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I completely agree that it's trivial, but it is what it is. There are rules and they need to be followed if players want to remain in the NFL's employ.
Its why I usually try to remove Gregory from the argument and look at it purely as, should the NFL suspend players for weed. It's pretty clear in my opinion at that point. From the perspective of Gregory, yeah he knew the rules and earned the suspension.

dallen

Senior Tech
Everyone involved is an idiot to me. The league is an idiot for banning something that would have no impact on the game. These suspensions accomplish nothing other than to generate bad press for the league and weaken their on field product. The player is an idiot for not following a black and white rule. I have the same rule at my job. What I do on my time should be my business, but that's part of the bargain I made when I agreed to take the position. The team is an idiot for spending a 2nd round pick on a guy the rest of the league seems to have realized was too big a risk. And finally, booze is an idiot for not recognizing Half Baked gifs.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Everyone involved is an idiot to me. The league is an idiot for banning something that would have no impact on the game. These suspensions accomplish nothing other than to generate bad press for the league and weaken their on field product. The player is an idiot for not following a black and white rule. I have the same rule at my job. What I do on my time should be my business, but that's part of the bargain I made when I agreed to take the position. The team is an idiot for spending a 2nd round pick on a guy the rest of the league seems to have realized was too big a risk. And finally, booze is an idiot for not recognizing Half Baked gifs.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Never watched the movie.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
It doesn't matter what the substance is. A banned substance is a banned substance, especially as it pertains to a collective bargaining agreement. If the players wanted it removed, the NFLPA could fight for that. It didn't. So it doesn't matter what our opinions on the issue are because the players themselves obviously agree that it should be banned.
Good thing you cleared that up for everyone. I don't think anyone knew that before you enlightened us. :rolleyes

Top Bottom