2016 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
:lol you knew it had to happen this year. He turned down some P5 jobs last year to return, won the conference and will graduate his QB. No reason to come back and lose some luster.

I just dont get taking that job. That place has turned into a pariah. The only good news is that a pro style offense and defensive minded coach might cause the Big 12 off guard since nobody else in that conference believes in those values.
Oh rly?

I'd love to see him bring that style of play to the Big 12. Maybe it'll help get the conference back on the right track.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Obviously the Big 12 sucks.

This dude is doomed to failure though. He's walking into a very tough situation. Baylor has no choice but to throw money at what is going on. They basically have to succeed in order to hold service their massive debt.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I just heard that Oregon has snagged USF's coach to fill their vacancy.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I that that dude is a great coach. It isn't a big splash hire that you'd expect but many a good one.

Poor Gundy is stuck in Stoolwater it seems.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That's a very good hire for Baylor.

It is a bit of a puzzling decision given Baylor's recent scandal, but it's not like he's taking some dead end job either. They've been in the playoff conversation for most of the last 5 years and he has a large talent pool to draw from.

If he gets that program back on track and it becomes a contender again, he'll rocket his value even higher and he'll end up at one of the premier programs in the country.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
As far as the playoffs go I'd like to see 4 super conferences of 16 teams split into two divisions per conference. You'd have 8 division champs which will allow for the expansion of the playoffs to 8 teams. Dump the selection committee and take the 8 division champs to the playoffs. It is simple and straight forward.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

It is a bit of a puzzling decision given Baylor's recent scandal, but it's not like he's taking some dead end job either. They've been in the playoff conversation for most of the last 5 years and he has a large talent pool to draw from.

If he gets that program back on track and it becomes a contender again, he'll rocket his value even higher and he'll end up at one of the premier programs in the country.
Bayor pays a ton of money to good coaches. Gundy was offered a huge deal that he turned down. It is going to be a giant rebuilding project. Lots of players left and Baylor has all of 1 commit for this cycle. He has a ton of ground to make up. With the scandals and possible sanctions it is very easy to negative recruit against Baylor right now. If he turns it around it will be a miracle. I expect them to fall off of the map.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
As far as the playoffs go I'd like to see 4 super conferences of 16 teams split into two divisions per conference. You'd have 8 division champs which will allow for the expansion of the playoffs to 8 teams. Dump the selection committee and take the 8 division champs to the playoffs. It is simple and straight forward.
I agree wit you. The CFP committee has been very hypocritical about conference championships. They express the need for conferences to have a conference champion playoff but in turn disregard them when it comes to utilizing them in the playoff system. This years results is a good example of the way the committee goes in their selection process. The gave full credence to the polls and rejected the conference championships.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

A lot of people seem to think Rhule ultimately wants to coach in the pros (he previously coached for the giants under Coughlin). This would kind of be like the O'Brien route I guess.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I agree wit you. The CFP committee has been very hypocritical about conference championships. They express the need for conferences to have a conference champion playoff but in turn disregard them when it comes to utilizing them in the playoff system. This years results is a good example of the way the committee goes in their selection process. The gave full credence to the polls and rejected the conference championships.

When it comes down to it they want the most viewers and best matchups. Since that is subjective it's tends to cause a problem. A good example is that the Baylor and Texas Tech game this year was the most viewed big 12 game of the season. Who would've thought that?

D

Deuce

I think this is a pretty stupid hire. I like the coach, I liked when USF brought him from Western Kentucky and I knew he would do really good things there. He had a lot of South Florida ties and he could recruit well. But he's not gonna be able to bring all those South Florida kids to Oregon, they just don't offer what they did under Chip Kelly. I think he's going to struggle quite a bit and probably be out of there in three or four years.

D

Deuce

I that that dude is a great coach. It isn't a big splash hire that you'd expect but many a good one.

He's in Oklahoma State guy and T-bone has his back. I'm not sure he's ever going to leave.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
He's in Oklahoma State guy and T-bone has his back. I'm not sure he's ever going to leave.
Not really. They've had a public dispute back-and-forth going for a while. And he does not get along with administration. So yes he's been job hunting for a few years. Taking interviews all over is a pretty good indication of a relationship that won't last.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Surprised to see no one has yet to mention Rashaan Salaam's death.

They are saying it appears to be a suicide.

Sad stuff.

He was such a good college RB and he had a great start to his NFL career, but he couldn't sustain that level of play for long.

I'll also remember him for the reason I used Colorado in the first college football video game I ever played on the Genesis because be was so good on it.

RIP.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Surprised to see no one has yet to mention Rashaan Salaam's death.

They are saying it appears to be a suicide.

Sad stuff.

He was such a good college RB and he had a great start to his NFL career, but he couldn't sustain that level of play for long.

I'll also remember him for the reason I used Colorado in the first college football video game I ever played on the Genesis because be was so good on it.

RIP.
I didn't realize it was a suicide. That's terrible.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

He can handle it, because... HE'S A MAN, HE'S 40!

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I could get with this.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Douche Kiffin to Houston.
I think they went for the name, and I don't necessarily mean Kiffin.

They want to keep building on what has been a promising era for them, so how do you keep recruits coming to UH over other big Texas schools? You give them a brand they can look to like Alabama.

If a kid is on the fence about coming to UH or A&M/Texas/Baylor or even one of the non-elite SEC schools, maybe that Alabama connection could persuade you?

But there's definitely a buyer's beware with that douchebag, and if he up and leaves the program in a year or pulls some other stunt, then the AD won't be able to say it was unexpected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom