Report: Randy Gregory failed drug test, faces lengthy ban

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He will probably play lights out in those two games and then the league will announce his suspension. Enough to see promise in the guy only to have him taken away.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He will probably play lights out in those two games and then the league will announce his suspension. Enough to see promise in the guy only to have him taken away.
Frankly even if he lights it up at the end of this season and into the playoffs, we still can't really count on him. Well unless the NFL changes their rules on marijuana.

townsend

Banned
Who's more likely to be the first to play a game as a Cowboy Gregory or Jaylon Smith?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's so weird that an appeal is already pending on a suspension that was not handed down yet. I have no hope for Gregory this season but it would be a pleasant surprise if he somehow managed to come back and have an impact in the playoffs.

By the way, I don't think the team or NFL has ever confirmed a third failed test for Gregory. It was one of those "source" things.

The NFL issued a statement Friday saying, “The league has not been notified of any new violations." Another source said the club had not been contacted by the league to inform them that Gregory failed a test earlier this week.

"We're unable, unfortunately, to comment on it," executive vice president Stephen Jones said Friday afternoon on 105.3 The Fan. "No one is supposed to be able to, but I guess some people do even though they are not supposed to. Obviously those things, until they are officially worked through, all the different moving parts that go with that, we can't comment on that.
Chances are that he has already violated the rules again whether it has been reported or not. His history seems to bear out that he is a chronic user of pot.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Wouldn't it be amazing if this guy made an impact for us down the stretch?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No. there are occasional users frequent users and chronic users of various things. Maybe I didn't understand your comment.
One word for pot that is used is kronic.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not versed enough to know that.
The word "chronic" has become a commonplace descriptor of high-quality marijuana, but this Chronic is a balanced hybrid cross between Northern Lights, Skunk, and AK-47 originally bred by Serious Seeds in 1994.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The word "chronic" has become a commonplace descriptor of high-quality marijuana, but this Chronic is a balanced hybrid cross between Northern Lights, Skunk, and AK-47 originally bred by Serious Seeds in 1994.

Thanks for the info but again I am not versed on marajuana so it was just a happy accident of words.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Now, according to ESPN, the NFL has denied the Cowboys exemption request for Gregory to practice. If they had to file an exemption to get him to practice you know a suspension is looming, yet the team (supposedly) has not been informed of an additional failed test. This thing is very confusing right now.

Top Bottom