2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's interesting because Trump brokered the deal but the tax breaks are with the state and not with regards to Federal Taxes. So Trump really didn't have any authority to hand down tax breaks. It was the Indiana Governer that offered the 7 mil in tax breaks (Of course the money that comes to Indiana will far exceed this).

Or am I missing something?

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Trump brokers the deal and it's approved by the governor who is the VP Trump handpicked...
That sounds like absolutely no possible conflict of interest to me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Trump brokers the deal and it's approved by the governor who is the VP Trump handpicked...
Well to be fair I'm not sure if anyone knows if Trump still holds stock in United Technologies. He did back in 2015 apparently but no one seems certain what Trump still owns.

So what have past Presidents done with all their money? Seems like this has never been such a big issue. Have Presidents in the past not owned stock in anything? Or continued to have an interest in any businesses?

From a quick google search I can see that Obama owned stocks and had financial companies managing his money that his policies directly impacted. Seems like it would be a real problem for anyone who becomes President unless they just stick their money in a pile under their bed.

townsend

Banned
Well to be fair I'm not sure if anyone knows if Trump still holds stock in United Technologies. He did back in 2015 apparently but no one seems certain what Trump still owns.

So what have past Presidents done with all their money? Seems like this has never been such a big issue. Have Presidents in the past not owned stock in anything? Or continued to have an interest in any businesses?

From a quick google search I can see that Obama owned stocks and had financial companies managing his money that his policies directly impacted. Seems like it would be a real problem for anyone who becomes President unless they just stick their money in a pile under their bed.
Normally those investments would be held in a blind trust, so Obama or whoever would not know where their investments actually are.

That's the difference, since Trump has full control of his investments he knows what political moves will benefit his bottom line.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's interesting because Trump brokered the deal but the tax breaks are with the state and not with regards to Federal Taxes. So Trump really didn't have any authority to hand down tax breaks. It was the Indiana Governer that offered the 7 mil in tax breaks (Of course the money that comes to Indiana will far exceed this).

Or am I missing something?
I already stated that but I guess it didn't register with some.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Normally those investments would be held in a blind trust, so Obama or whoever would not know where their investments actually are.

That's the difference, since Trump has full control of his investments he knows what political moves will benefit his bottom line.
I guess I still don't understand. If that was the case then we wouldn't be aware of specific investments that Obama had. Obviously if the public is aware then wouldn't he as well?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Where do you see a conflict. Governors broker deals with businesses all the time to draw them to their states. To even attempt to call this a conflict is absurd. The Govenor is not benefiting instead he is doing his job.

townsend

Banned
I guess I still don't understand. If that was the case then we wouldn't be aware of specific investments that Obama had. Obviously if the public is aware then wouldn't he as well?
Actually I'm wrong, Obama didn't use a blind trust. Apparently he mostly invested in index funds and treasury notes to avoid a appearance of conflict of interest.

Maybe the investments you heard about were part of his index funds.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think this is incorrect. According to several news reports it was the State of Indiana who gave the tax breaks. This was primarily accomplished by the Govenor of Indians who happens to be the Vice President elect.. if you have a source for your position I would be very interested in knowing about it.
:picard
:picard
:shrug

Jiggyfly

Banned

And that is the problem you have poo pooing regarding Trump.

Nobody knows what he as interest in and he is in no hurry to let anybody know.

And Obama put all of his assets into treasury bills so i'm calling bullshit on your quick google search.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Where do you see a conflict. Governors broker deals with businesses all the time to draw them to their states. To even attempt to call this a conflict is absurd. The Govenor is not benefiting instead he is doing his job.
On behalf of the president who owns stock in that company.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Do you seriously believe that?
So wait if that is not to be believed then Trump should not be scrutinized?

The disconnect in logic concerning Trump is astonishing.

And for the record Obama put all of his assets in T-bills.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I can't wait to put you on display.

So if ignorant is the word you want t go with.:shrug
Maybe you should figure which conversation you are referencing. I am talking about the Carrier company and the state who gave the tax break. What are you talking about?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Who is talking about the president?
OMFG.

You were talking abut the president when you asked Towns for proof.

I think this is incorrect. According to several news reports it was the State of Indiana who gave the tax breaks. This was primarily accomplished by the Govenor of Indians who happens to be the Vice President elect.. if you have a source for your position I would be very interested in knowing about it.
And he gave you the proof.

Do you think this is snapchat or missing impossible where whatever you say disappears after 40 seconds?

Ok the spin on this should be epic.:lol

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So wait if that is not to be believed then Trump should not be scrutinized?

The disconnect in logic concerning Trump is astonishing.
Where did I say anything about Trump and whether or not he should be scrutinized, you fucking transparent troll? All I asked was if he thought that Obama wouldn't have any idea where his money was invested.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
OMFG.

You were talking abut the president when you asked Towns for proof.

And he gave you the proof.

Do you think this is snapchat or missing impossible where whatever you say disappears after 40 seconds?

Ok the spin on this should be epic.:lol
You must be drunk. I asked BiPo on his post, if he had a source about the country of Taiwan paying taxes to keep the carrier jobs because I understood the state of Indiana gave a tax break to keep the jobs. This is something he posted. You need to keep your commentary straight. I had no reference to the President. Towns wasn't part of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom