2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

p1_

DCC 4Life
good to see Murray playing well after last season's debacle.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I hate Doug Free. Too bad we have to use his sorry ass.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Cowboys only team with 4 wins vs. winning teams

6 other teams tied with 3 wins against winning teams.

townsend

Banned
We have to have one of the toughest strengths of schedule, the NFC east is easily the strongest division. We only had two cupcakes on our schedule, the rest were at worst just below .500.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have to have one of the toughest strengths of schedule, the NFC east is easily the strongest division. We only had two cupcakes on our schedule, the rest were at worst just below .500.
Even if our strength of schedule is weak, we have so many wins that it only makes sense we would have more quality wins then pretty much any other NFL team.

Plus part of the problem with strength of schedule is that when you are 11-1 you added 11 losses to the strength of schedule. If you're 1-11 instead you added 11 wins to your strength of schedule.

townsend

Banned
Even if our strength of schedule is weak, we have so many wins that it only makes sense we would have more quality wins then pretty much any other NFL team.

Plus part of the problem with strength of schedule is that when you are 11-1 you added 11 losses to the strength of schedule. If you're 1-11 instead you added 11 wins to your strength of schedule.
I think we excascerbated it even more because of the physical toll we take on teams. Seems like most opponents hit a losing streak after playing us.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm a fan, but we've had an average schedule so far.

We've defeated 4 teams with a winning record, Pitt and Baltimore at 7-5, Washington at 6-5-1 (twice) and have also beaten two 6-6 teams. We've played three ass-awful teams as well.

Our schedule strength as of 12/8/2016 is 27th overall.

The next three weeks we face teams with (currently) winning records which should have the net effect of strengthening our schedule considerably.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm a fan, but we've had an average schedule so far.

We've defeated 4 teams with a winning record, Pitt and Baltimore at 7-5, Washington at 6-5-1 (twice) and have also beaten two 6-6 teams. We've played three ass-awful teams as well.

Our schedule strength as of 12/8/2016 is 27th overall.

The next three weeks we face teams with (currently) winning records which should have the net effect of strengthening our schedule considerably.
As long as a team continues to win strength of schedule is only a conversation peace. Same holds true when a team loses. There is no adjustments to a win loss record because the strength of schedule is tougher than others. As long as a team wins it controls it's own destiny. Works every time.

townsend

Banned
As long as a team continues to win strength of schedule is only a conversation peace. Same holds true when a team loses. There is no adjustments to a win loss record because the strength of schedule is tougher than others. As long as a team wins it controls it's own destiny. Works every time.
This is true. 11-1 is the only numbers that matter futzing with some ambiguous variables, especially with such a decisive record is overthinking a good thing.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Well of course the record is what matters.

I wasn't the one who brought up strength of schedule in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom