Giants Stuff...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
First round playoff loss.
Maybe so, but that still doesn't mean you've been right about them because they've won all the games you prematurely disregarded them in.

They have a rookie QB and a leaky defense, and that very well could cost them. But this is a legitimately good team whether you want to admit that or not.

And BTW, it's not going to be a 1st round loss because we're going to have a bye week. You're gonna have to suffer through the WC round and hope your prediction comes through in the divisional round.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I had peeps asking what Cowboys gear/jerseys you want for Christmas.

Told them not to waste their fucking money.

The fall will be especially hard this year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Even if they don't win a playoff game the future is exceedingly bright with the QB spot solidified.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Unless he pulls a Nick Foles.
Everybody knew that was a fluke year with it being Kelly's first in the NFL, when is the last time that anybody called this coaching staff creative or forward-thinking before this season?

This is the exact same coaching staff/offense that went 1-11 without Romo last year, the only new additions are Prescott and Elliott.

Take a lap and go watch some Matt Jones highlights.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Everybody knew that was a fluke year with it being Kelly's first in the NFL, when is the last time that anybody called this coaching staff creative or forward-thinking before this season?

This is the exact same coaching staff/offense that went 1-11 without Romo last year, the only new additions are Prescott and Elliott.

Take a lap and go watch some Matt Jones highlights.
Jones could have been something with coaching.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I'm still scarred from the one and done in 07. So I'm still wary of our current run.
I think we're in trouble.

Defense sucks. We all know that and now the run blocking hasn't been as good because Geoff Fucking Swaim goes down? Are you fucking kidding me that he can't be replaced?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm still scarred from the one and done in 07. So I'm still wary of our current run.
Yea, that's one reason why I'm not too excited yet. It's just kind of hard for me to believe that we can make, or even win a Super Bowl with a rookie QB. Now, if they come out and dominate in that divisional game then I'll be all the way up.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This team has answered every challenge.

They have not played the truly "threatening" teams out there: Seattle, Atlanta, KC, Oakland, Denver, and maybe Detroit, New Orleans, and Tampa.

But that win in Pittsburgh was huge. The Steelers were as primed to win that game as they ever have been. We took it all and gave back more.

I hang my hat on that win, but the memory is growing further away each week.

G-men, The Pack, Washington-- these teams are chaff. They are flawed and/or have benefited from the same soft schedule we've faced.

Ratings are down all around because the NFL is pretty bad this year.

We saw ESPN collectively cream itself at the return of Andrew Luck. The AFC South, most of the East, half the North-- ALL suck.

The NFC west, North, and South are similar, minus the teams I've mentioned.

I look forward to the rest of the year and playoffs, but I wouldn't be surprised if we were one and done because we are hugely flawed on defense.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think we're in trouble.

Defense sucks. We all know that and now the run blocking hasn't been as good because Geoff Fucking Swaim goes down? Are you fucking kidding me that he can't be replaced?
Maybe he was better than we thought. Granted the fact they aren't working out guys and appear content to ride the Escobust train is a little irritating.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yea, that's one reason why I'm not too excited yet. It's just kind of hard for me to believe that we can make, or even win a Super Bowl with a rookie QB. Now, if they come out and dominate in that divisional game then I'll be all the way up.
This is pretty much how I feel.

Genghis Khan

Maybe he was better than we thought. Granted the fact they aren't working out guys and appear content to ride the Escobust train is a little irritating.
That's the most curious thing. Blocking TEs are very easy to find. If I remember correctly, we signed one pretty late in the season in 92, but his name escapes me.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Laziest. front office. evar. Amirite?

Genghis Khan

I think it was Derek Tennell. Caught a TD in the playoffs even.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That's the most curious thing. Blocking TEs are very easy to find. If I remember correctly, we signed one pretty late in the season in 92, but his name escapes me.
We signed the legendary Alfredo Roberts in 1991, if that's to whom you're referring.

Legendary not based on his excellent blocking skills, but by virtue of being caught years later in a motel room with Michael Irvin, a couple of hookers, and plates of cocaine and other drugs.

I think it was Derek Tennell. Caught a TD in the playoffs even.
Ah yes. My bad. Must have hookers and drugs on the brain.

Top Bottom