President Trump Thread...

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Since non-meme Bipo stuck a fork in the POTUS election thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Seriously though, I bet a lot of people that voted for him are disappointed in his cabinet picks of CEOs that nuzzle up to the Russians.

Wait, I doubt they are paying attention anymore.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Seriously though, I bet a lot of people that voted for him are disappointed in his cabinet picks of CEOs that nuzzle up to the Russians.

Wait, I doubt they are paying attention anymore.
It is going to be very interesting how this thing plays out.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It is going to be very interesting how this thing plays out.
Funny thing is now all the the rhetoric is over, he is slowly but surely removing himself from most of it.

LOCK HER UP. Well, not too interested all that much with that now.

DRAIN THE SWAMP. If he does, he is refilling it with new and different rich big business types.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Funny thing is now all the the rhetoric is over, he is slowly but surely removing himself from most of it.

LOCK HER UP. Well, not too interested all that much with that now.

DRAIN THE SWAMP. If he does, he is refilling it with new and different rich big business types.
Anybody who believed that hasn't been following politics for long.

He can't repeal Obamacare right away either. The backlash and complexity of it isn't as easily solvable as he thinks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

He can't repeal Obamacare right away either. The backlash and complexity of it isn't as easily solvable as he thinks.
Yeah it's not so easy to just cancel the whole thing. It's easier to just work on eliminating the bad parts. Like the mandates.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I suspect the Republician Congress has had a contingency program in place for some time about an attempt to repeal all or parts of the Afforablle Care Health Plan. My guess is they will start immediately to implement it when the regime change is official.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I suspect the Republician Congress has had a contingency program in place for some time about an attempt to repeal all or parts of the Afforablle Care Health Plan. My guess is they will start immediately to implement it when the regime change is official.
Because depriving 30,000,000 people of their health insurance is going to be awesome.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Because depriving 30,000,000 people of their health insurance is going to be awesome.

Well yeah, that's part of the deal. I can tell you that my rates for my family went from $597 to over 1800 this year. So I don't know how many of those 30,000,000 would have been insured going forward. I was part of the uninsured before a Obamacare as well.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You believe there are 30 million people enrolled in the afforadable health care program?

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You believe there are 30 million people enrolled in the afforadable health care program? Last I heard there are less than 12 million enrolled.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I get that all politicians lie, but most don't do it with such vigor.

They make promises, but Trump built his entire platform on simple constructs that enflamed people and now he's backing completely away from it.

Obama ran saying he was going to do the healthcare thing and he followed through at least, no matter if you like Obamacare or not.

Trump was supposed to be anti-establishment and for Joe Six Pack and he's doing nothing of the kind thus far.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I get that all politicians lie, but most don't do it with such vigor.

They make promises, but Trump built his entire platform on simple constructs that enflamed people and now he's backing completely away from it.

Obama ran saying he was going to do the healthcare thing and he followed through at least, no matter if you like Obamacare or not.

Trump was supposed to be anti-establishment and for Joe Six Pack and he's doing nothing of the kind thus far.
He's not even in office yet. :unsure

BipolarFuk

Demoted
You believe there are 30 million people enrolled in the afforadable health care program? Last I heard there are less than 12 million enrolled.
There are 30 million on subsidized insurance and expanded Medicaid.

But hey, fuck them.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There are 30 million on subsidized insurance and expanded Medicaid.

But hey, fuck them.
You mean the ones you and I are paying for? About the same amount as on food stamps and other subsidized programs. No wonder it's called "affordable" care. But affordable for who.? What about the poor schleeps who bust their ass to earn say $40.k a year that aren't eligible for assistance and are asked to pay over $9.k in premiums with a $10. K deductible? Who is really getting screwed the most?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

BipolarFuk

Demoted
ExxonMobil Chairman and CEO Rex Tillerson is the leading candidate for Secretary of State in a Donald Trump administration, multiple sources familiar with the transition process tell CNN on Saturday. :lol

Top Bottom