OTAs/Mini-camps Thread...

p1_

DCC 4Life
That dude is graceful. Look how he stuck that landing.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Hear that David Irving is way over weight, out of shape. Thats why hes not participating in OTAs.

That doesnt bode well for a guy looking to take steps forward this year into what should be his golden opportunity to make some real money on his next contract.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hear that David Irving is way over weight, out of shape. Thats why hes not participating in OTAs.

That doesnt bode well for a guy looking to take steps forward this year into what should be his golden opportunity to make some real money on his next contract.
Shit. He has been dealing with a psychotic girlfriend. Cut him some slack.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Damn, how is it that Tapper gets a concussion in OTA's? He's useless.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Damn, how is it that Tapper gets a concussion in OTA's? He's useless.
That is a good question. Honestly I don't really factor him in anymore. At best he sticks as one of the last few roster guys. But I have higher hopes for Randy Gregory at this point.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
That is a good question. Honestly I don't really factor him in anymore. At best he sticks as one of the last few roster guys. But I have higher hopes for Randy Gregory at this point.
I had some remaining hope for Tapper heading into this offseason but the arrow was trending down just because of the recent DE additions to the roster since Tapper was drafted (Charlton, Ealy, Armstrong) plus the club's everlasting optimism for Randy Gregory.

This is the first I've heard that he has another injury, but if so, and he misses any TC time, it's basically time to move on.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Time to move on from Tapper. There's potential but the guy is made of glass.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Time to move on from Tapper. There's potential but the guy is made of glass.
Yeah he basically has this training camp and preseason. If he can't stay healthy through that I probably trash him and move on.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good, I think Cedrick Wilson is a real sleeper at WR.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I like the idea that we have a group of WRs that could potentially battle it out. If we allow them to to that we should come out the other side with a few players.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Completely forgot about him, Dallas gave Johnson what, 2 years to prove he could stay on the field? Another wasted mid round pick.
It was a little different with him, there was little competition to keep them from doing that.

It was not just the wasted pick with Johnson. It was keeping him hanging around, chewing up a roster spot when he was healthy and above all else his "potential" keeping the team from adding more talent in the hopes that it didn't stunt his "progress".

Tapper won't have that luxury. He will have plenty of guys ready to take his spot in the pecking order. There is pretty decent depth. We may not have the inside stud we so badly need, but when you have the likes of Datone Jones and Ealy on the roster it makes it less likely to want to waste time and energy on a teasing turd like Tapper.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The clock is ticking on Tapper.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Tapper should just tap out, nomesayin'?

:unsure

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It was a little different with him, there was little competition to keep them from doing that.

It was not just the wasted pick with Johnson. It was keeping him hanging around, chewing up a roster spot when he was healthy and above all else his "potential" keeping the team from adding more talent in the hopes that it didn't stunt his "progress".

Tapper won't have that luxury. He will have plenty of guys ready to take his spot in the pecking order. There is pretty decent depth. We may not have the inside stud we so badly need, but when you have the likes of Datone Jones and Ealy on the roster it makes it less likely to want to waste time and energy on a teasing turd like Tapper.
Looking forward about 2 years I really like where we're at on the DL, assuming we can find ourselves a stud DT, and assuming Lawrence can give us about 8-12 sacks a year which seems reasonable assuming health.

You have Lawrence/Charlton/Armstrong at DE, perhaps one of Ealy/Gregory can establish themselves in the rotation as well. I think Charlton will give us a solid 6 or so sacks a year with very good run defense and Armstrong has starter potential as well.

At DT I like Collins as a long-term starter, he can play either the 3 or 1, you'd just rather have him be your 2nd best DT and not your top guy at the position. I don't think Irving is long for this team all things considered so ideally we find a guy in the draft next year in what could be a rare DL class. Guys like Ward, Jones, or Price should give us decent enough depth as well moving forward.

Top Bottom