PFT: Terrell McClain sets visit with Cowboys

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Shit McClain (or Hankins) will practically be a one down player anyway. 30 year old should be fine.
McClain is a jag. He adds nothing to the equation when lined up next to Irving or Collins. He’s more like rotation depth behind Irving and Collins.

i play Collins and Hankins on running downs and Irving and Collins on passing downs

Smitty

DCC 4Life
McClain is a jag. He adds nothing to the equation when lined up next to Irving or Collins. He’s more like rotation depth behind Irving and Collins.

i play Collins and Hankins on running downs and Irving and Collins on passing downs
I don't think that is an entirely accurate assessment of McClain, at least based on his tenure here. Didn't really follow him in Washington.

He was a good player. I'd certainly love to have him off the bench as a helper in run stopping.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

He's a one-dimensional run stopper. But we need one of those.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Saying bargain shopping and Hankins in the same sentence is laughable. Dude WAAAAY over values himself for a flash he had 3-4 years ago. If we're talking JAG, that's pretty much what he's been the last couple years or so. I'd much rather have McClain over Hankins regardless of the age difference. I think both would offer pretty much the same thing, with one coming at a fraction of the cost.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He's a one-dimensional run stopper. But we need one of those.
McClain last fit into the 3T rotation when he was here. He adds no new capabilities to the team.

Hankins is a no tricks run-stuffer and is also underrated vs the pass thanks to his ability to draw blockers and give little ground.

Watch the last drive of the 2017 Green Bay game again and tell me you trust Marinelli’s guessing to stop the run in situational football.

Sometimes you need actual players.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
McClain last fit into the 3T rotation when he was here. He adds no new capabilities to the team.

Hankins is a no tricks run-stuffer and is also underrated vs the pass thanks to his ability to draw blockers and give little ground.

Watch the last drive of the 2017 Green Bay game again and tell me you trust Marinelli’s guessing to stop the run in situational football.

McClain played the 1 technique here last...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Saying bargain shopping and Hankins in the same sentence is laughable. Dude WAAAAY over values himself for a flash he had 3-4 years ago. If we're talking JAG, that's pretty much what he's been the last couple years or so. I'd much rather have McClain over Hankins regardless of the age difference. I think both would offer pretty much the same thing, with one coming at a fraction of the cost.
I'd put them on about the same level, too, and in addition to the cost savings, McClain is already familiar with Marinelli's scheme. He gets the edge for me, and it's not particularly close as it stands right now.

Cotton

Staff member

Now you're just blowing smoke out your ass.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd put them on about the same level, too, and in addition to the cost savings, McClain is already familiar with Marinelli's scheme. He gets the edge for me, and it's not particularly close as it stands right now.
My concern with McClain is that he has a long injury history. He finally put it together in Dallas his final year here. Of three years in Dallas he only had 1 where he really avoided injury (15 game starter at least).

Even if you go back to the early part of his career he rarely had a full healthy season. Because of that I'd lean towards Hankins but Dallas has a history with McClain and they have none with Hankins. So it's pretty much McClain or nothing.

Cotton

Staff member
My concern with McClain is that he has a long injury history. He finally put it together in Dallas his final year here. Of three years in Dallas he only had 1 where he really avoided injury (15 game starter at least).
That's a fair point.

Cotton

Staff member

lostxn

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life
Wonder how he looked in the workout.

Top Bottom