Must See Movies

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Arrival was a good flick although kind of odd like Interstellar. Adams was excellent.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Eddie The Eagle is on HBO now...yes, it is a feel good cliché drive movie, but sometimes that hits the spot. Very much enjoyed it.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Almost Christmas was a funny holiday movie. It was kind of an ensemble movie but the pieces fit together nicely. It wasn't overdone like some ensemble movies are.

It was a nice blend of comedy, drama, and make-you-feel-good family moments.

JB Smoove and Mo'nique made the movie, IMO.

1bigfan13

Staff member
They just aired this The Mummy trailer during SNF.

It look like it's going to be a pretty good summer flick. I'll definitely be checking it out when it hits theaters.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Almost Christmas was a funny holiday movie. It was kind of an ensemble movie but the pieces fit together nicely. It wasn't overdone like some ensemble movies are.

It was a nice blend of comedy, drama, and make-you-feel-good family moments.

JB Smoove and Mo'nique made the movie, IMO.
You are scaring the white people.

How was Boo! A Madea Halloween?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

dallen

Senior Tech
The TV thread started to go off the rails into this, but what are everyone's favorite films to watch at Christmastime. Not necessarily "Christmas movies". What do you like to watch this time of year? Here's some of mine:

Christmas Vacation
Elf
Scrooged
Gremlins
Muppet Christmas Carol
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang \ The Long Kiss Goodnight \ Die Hard
Any Marvel MCU film
Any Star Wars movie
It's a Wonderful Life

Carp

DCC 4Life
Christmas Vacation and Scrooged would be at the top of the list for me. There was a time when Chevy Chase was funny...I miss those times. Everything about that movie works...Quiad is great and D'Angelo was always making me feel funny in my pants. Scrooged is great too...it is a comedy, but there are a couple times it gets you right in the heart.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Heard good things about Rogue One...but once of the trailers chipped away at my confidence in the movie...when Forrest Whitaker says...save the rebellion, save the dream! Star Wars has had poor dialogue in quite a few...particularly in the prequels with Amidala and Anakin, but god damn, that Whitaker line hurt my ears.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
The TV thread started to go off the rails into this, but what are everyone's favorite films to watch at Christmastime. Not necessarily "Christmas movies". What do you like to watch this time of year? Here's some of mine:

Christmas Vacation
Elf
Scrooged
Gremlins
Muppet Christmas Carol
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang \ The Long Kiss Goodnight \ Die Hard
Any Marvel MCU film
Any Star Wars movie
It's a Wonderful Life
I keep A Christmas Story on one of my TVs from Christmas Eve to Christmas night when they have that 24 hour marathon every year. It is greatness. Home Alone is also one that if I come across on TV this time of the year I will usually stop and watch. Nightmare Before Christmas is amazing and I make it a point to watch it every holiday season. And though Planes, Trains, and Automobiles is centered around Thanksgiving rather than Christmas I consider it a great holiday season movie and will watch it whenever I come across it on TV. I agree with [MENTION=10]Carp[/MENTION] about Christmas Vacation. I still love that movie. Silent Night, Deadly Night 2 is also an all-timer for me. It is (mostly) unintentionally hilarious.

My wife loves total chic flick The Holiday. Also she used to play the Santa Clause movies for the girls when they were young and even though they are well past the age where they care about them she still watches them every holiday season. I am not a fan.

Last edited:

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Heard good things about Rogue One...but once of the trailers chipped away at my confidence in the movie...when Forrest Whitaker says...save the rebellion, save the dream! Star Wars has had poor dialogue in quite a few...particularly in the prequels with Amidala and Anakin, but god damn, that Whitaker line hurt my ears.
Getting solid reviews. Most of the negative ones are similar to Batman Vs Superman....too dark for Star Wars, not enough humor, blah blah blah

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Other People is a movie on Netflix...I highly recommend it.

The subject matter is losing a loved one to cancer, but it is well acted and well done.

Has a great cast led by Jesse Plemons (Breaking Bad & Fargo).

Hit home for me.

D

Deuce

Rogue One was fantastic. Great casting despite not having any A listers. Ip Man was great and it was nice to see the dude from The Night Of continue to show some chops.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Rogue One was fantastic. Great casting despite not having any A listers. Ip Man was great and it was nice to see the dude from The Night Of continue to show some chops.
We went and saw it today too and I thought it was great as well. Imo it's better than Force Awakens

1bigfan13

Staff member
I guess I'll check it out Monday afternoon. I wanted to see what the general public's reaction to it was, and so far it's been overwhelmingly positive. At least from my circle of friends and online comments I've read.

I just didn't want to hand them my money for some off the wall BS with a Star Wars sticker slapped on it.

D

Deuce

I guess I'll check it out Monday afternoon. I wanted to see what the general public's reaction to it was, and so far it's been overwhelmingly positive. At least from my circle of friends and online comments I've read.

I just didn't want to hand them my money for some off the wall BS with a Star Wars sticker slapped on it.
I understand and I feel that way a little about a Boba Fett movie. But this one was worth it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Office Christmas Party...meh. It was ok, but I expected more. It had potential to be funnier...it just wasn't.

Top Bottom