2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

townsend

Banned
Breaking news. He didn't lose.
He lost the electoral vote. Then he whined about it.

Just like he did last year when he lost Iowa

townsend

Banned
Compare to

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
How about Trump wanting to take away your citizenship if you burn the flag? :lol
It's a ridiculous idea. I hate the dumbasses who burn flags as much as anyone but freedom of speech is freedom of speech. And you sure as shit can't strip someone's citizenship. Doesn't even make sense.

Trump doesn't think anything out before he speaks. It's like he says it just because he thinks it sounds good.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
You guys act like this is a surprise. Its exactly what I expected. He has a mouth that runs ahead of his brain. Just laugh at the idiocy. It will save your heart some stress.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You guys act like this is a surprise. Its exactly what I expected. He has a mouth that runs ahead of his brain. Just laugh at the idiocy. It will save your heart some stress.
It's not and frankly it doesn't bother me that much. Has no real lasting impact on me or my life. Laws don't get changed by a tweet and honestly I don't expect any real change under Trump. Just a lot of words with the same old stuff going on behind them.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Why the Electoral College is important

There are 3,141 counties in the United States.
Trump won 3,084 of them.
Clinton won 57.
There are 62 counties in New York State.
Trump won 46 of them.
Clinton won 16.
Clinton won the popular vote by approx. 1.5 million votes.
In the 5 counties that encompass NYC, (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Richmond & Queens) Clinton received well over 2 million more votes than Trump. (Clinton only won 4 of these counties; Trump won Richmond)
Therefore these 5 counties alone, more than accounted for Clinton winning the popular vote of the entire country.
These 5 counties comprise 319 square miles.
The United States is comprised of 3, 797,000 square miles.
When you have a country that encompasses almost 4 million square miles of territory, it would be ludicrous to even suggest that the vote of those who inhabit a mere 319 square miles should dictate the outcome of a national election.
Large, densely populated Democrat cities (NYC, Chicago, LA, etc) don’t and shouldn’t speak for the rest of our country.
The above information came from Allen West.

These highly populated cities should never determine the outcome of any election.

I’ve read recently that if the popular vote was used alone to elect the president only 9 counties in the county could determine the outcome of the election. Our founding fathers were very wise and protected the “fly over country”.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So your vote should count less, because you live in a big city...?
No but a few cities shouldn't be allowed to hold the rest of the country hostage either. To do away with the electoral college is to sort of strip away state rights.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Why the Electoral College is important I would say this title makes this text more about justification than information

There are 3,141 counties in the United States.
Trump won 3,084 of them.
Clinton won 57.
There are 62 counties in New York State.
Trump won 46 of them.
Clinton won 16.
Should the electoral college be by counties then?
Clinton won the popular vote by approx. 1.5 million votes. That makes for 1.5 million voters who consider that their vote didn't count
In the 5 counties that encompass NYC, (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Richmond & Queens) Clinton received well over 2 million more votes than Trump. (Clinton only won 4 of these counties; Trump won Richmond)
Therefore these 5 counties alone, more than accounted for Clinton winning the popular vote of the entire country. So next time let's just not give New Yorkers the right to vote...?
These 5 counties comprise 319 square miles.
The United States is comprised of 3, 797,000 square miles.
When you have a country that encompasses almost 4 million square miles of territory, it would be ludicrous to even suggest that the vote of those who inhabit a mere 319 square miles should dictate the outcome of a national election. I thought it was the people, not the acreage that mattered and voted, should we give votes based on how much land each person possess? I bet Ted Turner would love that. If the land belongs to a Corporation should the CEO get the vote? Or should it be divided amongst stockholders?
Large, densely populated Democrat cities (NYC, Chicago, LA, etc) don’t and shouldn’t speak for the rest of our country. Large empty spaces should...?
The above information came from Allen West.

These highly populated cities should never determine the outcome of any election. They don't, it's the people that do.

I’ve read recently that if the popular vote was used alone to elect the president only 9 counties in the county could determine the outcome of the election. Our founding fathers were very wise and protected the “fly over country”.
Isn't this why you have local government? And why each county, state, etc. is given such autonomy?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Isn't this why you have local government? And why each county, state, etc. is given such autonomy?
That's basically what the electoral college is. Sort of allows a state to pool all of their votes and use them all towards one candidate.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
No but a few cities shouldn't be allowed to hold the rest of the country hostage either. To do away with the electoral college is to sort of strip away state rights.
"government of the people, by the people, for the people..."
Why should a state decide? I thought you were all against government intervening, why should the state do with my vote as it pleases?

Kbrown

Not So New Member
"government of the people, by the people, for the people..."
Why should a state decide? I thought you were all against government intervening, why should the state do with my vote as it pleases?
Because crude direct democracy is government by the mob, not the people?

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I'm not a US resident so please bear with me, my questions might seem like I'm trolling, but I'm really just trying to understand. I'm still trying to understand when/how/why Rep. Went from being the progressive party of the educated and industrial north to the conservative rural party and the Dem. From the Southern "Gentlemen" party to the Liberal hippies party...

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Because crude direct democracy is government by the mob, not the people?
Interesting, care to elaborate?
If I understand correctly each party has an electoral college for each state and when a party "wins" that state that college emits the vote right?

BipolarFuk

Demoted
The Electoral College was meant to keep unqualified dipshits like Trump from becoming president in case the population had a collective brain fart like this year.

Originally people in each state voted for electors, people they trusted to make a good choice for the office.

Somewhere along the way the electors became just a rubber stamp for the people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom