Week 13 Thursday Night Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs Vikings | 12-1-2016

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If the Skins/Giants lose next week I think they miss the playoffs.

The Skins best case scenario would be 9-6-1, and I could easily see two other wild card teams getting to 10 wins, or perhaps even Arizona could win out, while the Giants don't have the tiebreaker over the Packers or Vikings.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I love to see the Eagles regressing. Wentz has been bad the last few weeks, but the Eagles really did nothing to help him this year. They are limited at WR...Matthews is just alright...and Agholor was a healthy inactive the week prior. Ertz has been good, but he mailed it in on Sunday.

I look at Tenn and the success they are having with Mariotta...which is made easier by how good Murray has been this year. They should have kept him...his beef was with Kelly, no one else.

The early part of the season they looked like they might be something, but this stretch of bad football is on Pederson for the most part. It was a bad hire to begin with...he was the OC for 3 years with KC, but Reid is really the coordinator. Even if they give Pederson credit as the OC in KC, the first year there they did not have a WR catch a TD.

Their D was impressive to start, but they are regressing too...I could see both sides of the ball blaming the other.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I love to see the Eagles regressing. Wentz has been bad the last few weeks, but the Eagles really did nothing to help him this year. They are limited at WR...Matthews is just alright...and Agholor was a healthy inactive the week prior. Ertz has been good, but he mailed it in on Sunday.

I look at Tenn and the success they are having with Mariotta...which is made easier by how good Murray has been this year. They should have kept him...his beef was with Kelly, no one else.

The early part of the season they looked like they might be something, but this stretch of bad football is on Pederson for the most part. It was a bad hire to begin with...he was the OC for 3 years with KC, but Reid is really the coordinator. Even if they give Pederson credit as the OC in KC, the first year there they did not have a WR catch a TD.

Their D was impressive to start, but they are regressing too...I could see both sides of the ball blaming the other.

:towel

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Damn. His injury must be serious.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Dunno why you people are all amped up for night games. I would take a 1PM start every week.
Agreed.

I love noon games but we're too much of a ratings draw for the networks so we rarely see noon games.

I miss them.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:towel

Carp

DCC 4Life
I have always been a huge Jeff Fisher fan, but his time should be done. Shocking that the Rams would extend him, but I think they want a recognizable name coaching the teams to ease the transition back to LA.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Their defense played over their heads for about half a season and they schemed up some easy throws for Wentz that got them a couple wins, but overall their offensive talent is terrible and their defense is good but not great. They run the risk of ruining Wentz by putting him out there so early, especially because he's much more raw and unrefined than people thought.

I honestly have no clue why people have this perception of him where he is such a developed QB. He didn't even play a full 2 seasons in college and only attempted like 600 passes, the way people were talking about this guy two months ago you'd think he was Andrew Luck.

Maybe it's because he looks the part, he talks the part, he's a big strapping guy who says all the right things and went 2nd overall. I said it before the draft and I said it when they named him the starter, his pocket presence is poor, he stares down receivers, he takes big hits because he doesn't feel pressure well, his feet stop moving in the pocket, and he doesn't go through progressions well. Just because he looks the part and is "intelligent" doesn't mean he was ready to be thrown out there and unless they do something quick to upgrade the talent on the offensive side of the ball he could easily be ruined.

dallen

Senior Tech
Actually it will be 4.

Minny game was on Thursday night.

Giants Sunday night

Bucs Sunday night.

The following week against the Lions will be on Monday night.
As it should be

dallen

Senior Tech
I have always been a huge Jeff Fisher fan, but his time should be done. Shocking that the Rams would extend him, but I think they want a recognizable name coaching the teams to ease the transition back to LA.
It'd be an easier transition if they had a good coach :unsure

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Their defense played over their heads for about half a season and they schemed up some easy throws for Wentz that got them a couple wins, but overall their offensive talent is terrible and their defense is good but not great. They run the risk of ruining Wentz by putting him out there so early, especially because he's much more raw and unrefined than people thought.

I honestly have no clue why people have this perception of him where he is such a developed QB. He didn't even play a full 2 seasons in college and only attempted like 600 passes, the way people were talking about this guy two months ago you'd think he was Andrew Luck.

Maybe it's because he looks the part, he talks the part, he's a big strapping guy who says all the right things and went 2nd overall. I said it before the draft and I said it when they named him the starter, his pocket presence is poor, he stares down receivers, he takes big hits because he doesn't feel pressure well, his feet stop moving in the pocket, and he doesn't go through progressions well. Just because he looks the part and is "intelligent" doesn't mean he was ready to be thrown out there and unless they do something quick to upgrade the talent on the offensive side of the ball he could easily be ruined.
:lol

I love your reports on Wentz.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
:lol

I love your reports on Wentz.
I know, they're right though and mostly everything I've said about him has come to fruition. The way the media talked about this guy a few weeks into the season you would've thought he was the love child of Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers.

He was much more raw coming out than the casual fan or media personality realized and throwing him out there without much around him offensively was not the best choice.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Love that Pittsburgh fake-WR-screen-throw-to-blocking-WR play. Got a TD tonight vs Giants and caught us for a 40 yard play on their last TD drive.
I also liked the screen the Giants scored their first TD on.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Damn. His injury must be serious.

Major, major loss for the Hawks.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Dunno why you people are all amped up for night games. I would take a 1PM start every week.
Not really as amped over a night game as much as knowing I'll get to watch it without worrying about it being on the same time as a Titans game here in TN.

Top Bottom