Wildcard Weekend Chatter Thread - 1/7/17 - 1/8/17

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
:lol

Those lucky cocksuckers. The Packers get the ball first in the second half, too.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Like there is some sort of an art to the hail mary. You throw the ball high and towards the back of the endzone. It's luck.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
What a finish to the half!

That shit won't work against JJ Wilcox though. He keeps the secondary on lock.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yeah, Byron Jones has been very good this year but sometimes I sort of wish we had Collins instead.
There's no sort of for me.

Jones is nice, but he is not a playmaker. He's just a guy who covers well and plays soundly.

Collins makes plays and creates turnovers. There's no question he's the better player.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If Jordy Nelson is out for next weeks game, I am rooting for the Packers to come to Dallas.

Rodgers is basically running their entire team.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's stupid.

There is absolutely no correlation between this Giants team and the ones from 2011 and 2007.

Absolutely none.

But yet we all keep hearing how we've seen this before and blah blah blah. This offense sucks and Eli has played poorly all year -- neither of which was the case in either of those seasons.

Could they still win today? Sure, but they aren't winning a SB this year with this offense and this version of Eli.
They also don't have the pass rush that they had on those teams. They had a true game changing pass rush back then. Now they rely more on their coverage then they do a great pass rush.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Jones is nice, but he is not a playmaker. He's just a guy who covers well and plays soundly.

Collins makes plays and creates turnovers. There's no question he's the better player.
Yeah there really isn't for me either. Jones is more "versatile" but give me the guy who is elite at one position as opposed to good at multiple positions.

1bigfan13

Staff member

This x 100.

I think my stance on Byron Jones has been well-documented. I don't think he's worth a 1st round pick for those very reasons.

He's been a good player for us though. I can't deny that.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And didn't he essentially have one on back to back plays last year?
He had one late in the season vs Detroit then had one a few weeks later in the playoffs vs the Cardinals.

That's 3 hail mary's in like 20 games.

Crazy.

dallen

Senior Tech
I guess Cobb's push off was legal

1bigfan13

Staff member
He had one late in the season vs Detroit then had one a few weeks later in the playoffs vs the Cardinals.

Crazy.
I'll have to look it up but I could have sworn that in one game he threw a hail mary TD that was called back due to a penalty. Then on the very next play after the penalty, he pulled off the hail mary TD again.

Maybe I'm imagining things.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Those lucky cocksuckers. The Packers get the ball first in the second half, too.
With the Giants offense averaging only 15 points a game over the last 6 weeks, my guess is that a FG would be enough to put this away for Green Bay.

1bigfan13

Staff member

Crazy.
I figured out it was the Arizona Cardinals game from last season's playoffs. 2 hail mary like completions for 101 yards and a TD.

Top Bottom